Connect with us

Australia

Brutal moment a cop tackles a young girl to the ground with her hands behind her back

Published

on

brutal moment a cop tackles a young girl to the ground with her hands behind her back

A police officer was filmed tackling a barefoot teenager to the ground before pinning her down in front of stunned shoppers. 

A bystander recorded the incident, filmed at the Lakeside Joondalup Shopping City in Perth, according to locals, before posting it to TikTok on September 4. 

The teenager appeared to struggle with the officer while he held her against a shop window and handcuffed her. 

34031172 8808713 image m 3 1601953787491

34031172 8808713 image m 3 1601953787491

The dramatic detainment of a Perth teenager (pictured) was captured on video as the police officer tackled the young girl to the ground before pinning her down

During the scuffle the cop spun the teenager around and tackled her to the ground before getting on her back and pinning her down. 

The girl’s hands were already handcuffed when she was tackled to the ground. 

The man filming the incident was heard laughing before the officer looked at him. 

Other bystanders seemed to ignore the scene and continued with their shopping.

The video ended with the police officer on the teenager’s back. 

After taking the teenager down the officer (pictured) remained on her back as bystanders continued with their shopping

After taking the teenager down the officer (pictured) remained on her back as bystanders continued with their shopping

After taking the teenager down the officer (pictured) remained on her back as bystanders continued with their shopping

A Western Australia Police spokesman told Daily Mail Australia the girl had been detained due to concerns for her safety and wellbeing. 

The spokesman said police could not give any further details about the incident. 

The video has been viewed more than 26,000 on social media and had 1,200 comments after it was posted online. 

Daily Mail Australia also contacted the Lakeside Joondalup Shopping City for comment.   

A Western Australia Police spokesman said the teenager (pictured) was detained  due to concerns for her safety and wellbeing

A Western Australia Police spokesman said the teenager (pictured) was detained  due to concerns for her safety and wellbeing

A Western Australia Police spokesman said the teenager (pictured) was detained  due to concerns for her safety and wellbeing

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Australia

US Presidential Debate: Biden FIRST to interrupt, over China claims

Published

on

By

us presidential debate biden first to interrupt over china claims

Joe Biden was the first to interrupt his rival during the debate Thursday when he accused that President Donald Trump‘s faed money for farmers came from American taxpayers and not China.

NBC News’ Kristen Welker, who moderated the final planned debate less than two weeks before the election, asked Trump what he is going to do to make China pay for transgressions against the U.S.

‘China is paying, they’re paying billions and billions of dollars. I just have $28 billion to our farmers –’ Trump said more than half-an-hour into the debate – and then the first interruption was issued.

‘Taxpayer’s money,’ Biden claimed.

Trump paused and looked at the former vice president with his mouth agape.

‘It’s what?’ he asked.

‘Taxpayer’s money. It didn’t come from China,’ Biden repeated.

‘No, no, yeah, you know the taxpayers – it’s called China,’ Trump said.

Biden assured: ‘Not true.’

Democratic nominee Joe Biden was the first candidate to interrupt his rival during the debate in Nashville, Tennessee Thursday night ¿ more than a half-an-hour into the final face-off before the election

Democratic nominee Joe Biden was the first candidate to interrupt his rival during the debate in Nashville, Tennessee Thursday night ¿ more than a half-an-hour into the final face-off before the election

Democratic nominee Joe Biden was the first candidate to interrupt his rival during the debate in Nashville, Tennessee Thursday night – more than a half-an-hour into the final face-off before the election

Trump paused and looked at Biden when the former vice president accused money he had allocated toward famers came from American taxpayer money and not China, like the president claims

Trump paused and looked at Biden when the former vice president accused money he had allocated toward famers came from American taxpayer money and not China, like the president claims

Trump paused and looked at Biden when the former vice president accused money he had allocated toward famers came from American taxpayer money and not China, like the president claims

The Commission on Presidential Debates changed the organization of the debate so the microphones would be muted while the other candidate was giving a two-minute answer to the moderator's question

The Commission on Presidential Debates changed the organization of the debate so the microphones would be muted while the other candidate was giving a two-minute answer to the moderator's question

The Commission on Presidential Debates changed the organization of the debate so the microphones would be muted while the other candidate was giving a two-minute answer to the moderator’s question

When he was given a chance to respond to Trump’s answer, Biden said, ‘There’s a reason he’s bringing up all this malarkey.’

‘He doesn’t want to talk about the substantive issue. It’s not about his family and my family. It’s about your family, and your family is hurting badly,’ Biden said, shifting the conversation back to American families struggling financially, especially in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.

The bipartisan Commission on Presidential Debates announced last week that the Nashville, Tennessee debate would operate under slightly different rules to prevent cross-talk and interruptions.

Alterations in the organization included muting the candidates’ microphones after they were given their two minutes to respond to questions directly from the moderator. Otherwise, the candidates were permitted to engage in back-and-forth in responding to each others’ claims.

The format proved for a more civilized debate, but it wasn’t long until Trump and Biden devolved into personal attacks, specifically related to alleged foreign entanglements.

When Welker asked Biden what he would do to ‘make China pay,’ the former vice president said he would make the Asian nation ‘play by the rules.’

‘He embraces guys, the thugs like in North Korea and the Chinese President and Putin and others and he pokes his finger in the eye of all of our friends, all of our allies,’ Biden accused of the president.

Trump then brought up the Biden family allegedly benefiting financially from China, according to new information revealed from the Democratic candidate’s son, Hunter Biden’s, laptop.

The debate Thursday was the second, and final, debate before Election Day – but it was supposed to be the third.

NBC News' Kristen Welker moderated the second and final debate, and spared the first interruption when asking about how the candidates would make China 'play by the rules'

NBC News' Kristen Welker moderated the second and final debate, and spared the first interruption when asking about how the candidates would make China 'play by the rules'

NBC News’ Kristen Welker moderated the second and final debate, and spared the first interruption when asking about how the candidates would make China ‘play by the rules’

The middle debate, which was supposed to take place in Miami, Florida last week, was canceled after Trump refused to participate after it was reformatted to be virtual following his positive COVID-19 diagnosis.

Instead, the two candidates held dueling town halls at the same time – a nod to the fact the second debate was meant to be held in a town hall format with C-SPAN’s Steve Scully moderating.

Scully later was revealed to be involved in a scandal where his Twitter stirred up controversy after he engaged with Trump’s former communications director Anthony Scaramucci, which the president claimed sowed an anti-Trump bias.

The reporter, who is now suspended from C-SPAN, falsely claimed he had been hacked, but later came clean that he was the one who sent the tweet.

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Continue Reading

Australia

Shaun Johnson breaks down in tears at Cronulla Sharks 2020 awards night

Published

on

By

shaun johnson breaks down in tears at cronulla sharks 2020 awards night

Footy star Shaun Johnson has broken down in tears after paying tribute to his wife at his club’s annual awards night.

Johnson received the Porter Gallen Medal after being named the Cronulla Sharks Player of the Year at Pointsbett Stadium, south of Sydney, last Friday. 

It is the first time the 30-year-old has won the prestigious medal and marked a bittersweet moment after Johnson had prematurely ended his season with a ruptured achilles tendon.

Johnson also took home the Members Player of the Year and Tackle of the Year awards but his acceptance speech was the most memorable moment of the night.

The halfback fought back tears as he thanked his wife Kaya for standing by him along the way.  

‘I just can’t thank you enough for doing this with me, riding this journey with me,’ he said.   

Johnson received the Player of the Year award during the Cronulla Sharks 2020 awards night last Friday

Johnson received the Player of the Year award during the Cronulla Sharks 2020 awards night last Friday

Johnson received the Player of the Year award during the Cronulla Sharks 2020 awards night last Friday

Cronulla Sharks halfback Shaun Johnson has broken down in tears after paying tribute to his wife Kaya (pictured) during his acceptance of the Porter Gallen Medal

Cronulla Sharks halfback Shaun Johnson has broken down in tears after paying tribute to his wife Kaya (pictured) during his acceptance of the Porter Gallen Medal

Cronulla Sharks halfback Shaun Johnson has broken down in tears after paying tribute to his wife Kaya (pictured) during his acceptance of the Porter Gallen Medal

Johnson had been playing for the New Zealand Warriors before he eventually moved to Australia to play for the Cronulla Sharks in 2019.

His wife had been a star player for the New Zealand netball team Silver Ferns.

She gave up her position and followed her partner to live in Sydney. 

‘She has sacrificed her whole career to come over here with me,’ Johnson said.

‘Honestly I can never repay you, just for believing in me when I was copping it.’

The pair welcomed their daughter and first child Millah in August this year.

‘I just can’t thank you enough for doing this with me, riding this journey with me,’ Johnson said.

‘For looking after me, for giving me the best gift in the world in our daughter and I promise you whatever comes next for us, I will support you in everything we do.’ 

The Player of the Year award adds to Johnson’s accolades as an NRL player. 

He was crowned best player of rugby league after he won the 2014 Golden Boot.

Johnson was only the fourth New Zealander to win the coveted trophy. 

Johnson wiped back tears as he thanked his wife Kaya for standing by him throughout his career

Johnson wiped back tears as he thanked his wife Kaya for standing by him throughout his career

Johnson wiped back tears as he thanked his wife Kaya for standing by him throughout his career

Johnson had been playing for the New Zealand Warriors before he eventually moved to Australia to play for the Cronulla Sharks in 2019

Johnson had been playing for the New Zealand Warriors before he eventually moved to Australia to play for the Cronulla Sharks in 2019

Johnson had been playing for the New Zealand Warriors before he eventually moved to Australia to play for the Cronulla Sharks in 2019

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Continue Reading

Australia

SAS Australia: Huge salaries of the celebrity recruits are revealed

Published

on

By

sas australia huge salaries of the celebrity recruits are revealed

They’ve had to fall out of helicopters and crawl across mud in the freezing cold, but the celebrities on SAS Australia were well compensated for their efforts.

Speaking exclusively to Daily Mail Australia on Friday, a production source revealed what the stars earned for participating in Channel Seven’s military-style reality show.

According to the insider, most of the contestants were paid between $30,000 and $50,000.

Well-paid: They've had to fall out of helicopters and crawl across mud in the freezing cold, but the stars of SAS Australia were well compensated for their efforts. Pictured: Arabella Del Busso

Well-paid: They've had to fall out of helicopters and crawl across mud in the freezing cold, but the stars of SAS Australia were well compensated for their efforts. Pictured: Arabella Del Busso

Well-paid: They’ve had to fall out of helicopters and crawl across mud in the freezing cold, but the stars of SAS Australia were well compensated for their efforts. Pictured: Arabella Del Busso

However, one star managed to negotiate a remarkable pay packet of $20,000 per hour.

SAS Australia follows 14 celebrities as they attempt the intense selection process for the Army’s elite Special Forces unit.

Under the guidance of former British Special Forces soldiers, they have to endure both physical and psychological challenges.

Not bad! Speaking exclusively to Daily Mail Australia on Friday, a source revealed what the stars earned for participating in Seven's military-style reality show. Pictured: Nick Cummins

Not bad! Speaking exclusively to Daily Mail Australia on Friday, a source revealed what the stars earned for participating in Seven's military-style reality show. Pictured: Nick Cummins

Not bad! Speaking exclusively to Daily Mail Australia on Friday, a source revealed what the stars earned for participating in Seven’s military-style reality show. Pictured: Nick Cummins

This year’s celebrity line-up includes Ali Oetjen, Arabella Del Busso, Roxy Jacenko, Nick Cummins and Schapelle Corby.

Candice Warner, Eden Dally, Jackson Warne, Merrick Watts, Erin McNaught and Firass Dirani also feature in the gruelling series.

Several of the participants dropped out of the show early, making their generous salaries all the more incredible.

Wow! Most of the contestants were paid between $30,000 and $50,000, the insider said. One star was even able to negotiate a pay packet of $20,000 per hour. Pictured: Roxy Jacenko

Wow! Most of the contestants were paid between $30,000 and $50,000, the insider said. One star was even able to negotiate a pay packet of $20,000 per hour. Pictured: Roxy Jacenko

Wow! Most of the contestants were paid between $30,000 and $50,000, the insider said. One star was even able to negotiate a pay packet of $20,000 per hour. Pictured: Roxy Jacenko

Publicist Roxy, 40, only lasted six hours, quitting after the instructors made the stars submerge themselves in freezing cold water as punishment.

‘I can’t do it. I actually can’t… My leg’s killing me. I can’t do it,’ she told the show’s DS, or directing staff, as she handed over her armband. 

The second episode saw both Arabella Del Busso and Schapelle Corby turn in their armbands as they, too, elected to leave. 

Gone girls: Several of the participants - including Schapelle Corby (left, with Candice Warner) - dropped out of the show early, making their generous salaries all the more incredible

Gone girls: Several of the participants - including Schapelle Corby (left, with Candice Warner) - dropped out of the show early, making their generous salaries all the more incredible

Gone girls: Several of the participants – including Schapelle Corby (left, with Candice Warner) – dropped out of the show early, making their generous salaries all the more incredible

Approaching the DS, a resolute Schapelle, 43, informed them that her ‘time has come’, before ripping off her armband.

‘I’ve had enough. I can’t run this far one second longer. I cannot,’ she said, breaking down in tears.

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Channel Seven for comment.

SAS Australia continues Monday at 7:30pm on Seven

Must-see TV: SAS Australia continues Monday at 7:30pm on Seven. Pictured: Jackson Warne

Must-see TV: SAS Australia continues Monday at 7:30pm on Seven. Pictured: Jackson Warne

Must-see TV: SAS Australia continues Monday at 7:30pm on Seven. Pictured: Jackson Warne 

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.