Connect with us

Australia

Man claims to have found metal blades in Woolworths coleslaw

Published

on

man claims to have found metal blades in woolworths coleslaw

A man has claimed to have found two metal blades in his pre-packaged coleslaw after cutting his tongue on the sharp metal.

Anuj Sharma purchased the pre-packaged American Coleslaw from the Cherrybrook Woolworths store in Sydney.

He claims to have found two metal blades in the package, only discovering them after he cut his tongue.

Anuj Sharma claims to have found two metal blades in the package (pictured) bought from Woolworthsgue

Anuj Sharma claims to have found two metal blades in the package (pictured) bought from Woolworthsgue

Anuj Sharma claims to have found two metal blades in the package (pictured) bought from Woolworthsgue

‘Only found out once we started eating it. I got a slight cut on my tongue,’ he wrote on the Woolworth’s Facebook page.

‘Lucky our baby didn’t eat it. We found one blade in the coleslaw on his plate too.’

Mr Anuj said he desperately tried to call the Cherrybrook store to warn them about the find but no one picked up.

He further informed the supermarket that he privately messaged them with proof of purchase.

A Woolworths spokesperson told Daily Mail Australia that they take food safety seriously and immediately investigated the alleged metal blades in the coleslaw. 

‘At Woolworths we take food safety and quality very seriously and moved quickly to assess this customer report with our supplier,’ he said. 

‘Our supplier operates to the highest food safety standards and has metal detectors, X-ray machines and magnets installed on site to ensure metal can’t leave the site.

‘Given all of these food safety controls, it’s difficult to understand how something like this could happen in a sealed pack, so we’ll be keen to follow the matter up with the customer further.

‘We’re unaware of any other customer reports of a similar nature at this time.’

Mr Sharma purchased the pre-packaged American Coleslaw from the Cherrybrook Woolworths store (pictured) in Sydney

Mr Sharma purchased the pre-packaged American Coleslaw from the Cherrybrook Woolworths store (pictured) in Sydney

Mr Sharma purchased the pre-packaged American Coleslaw from the Cherrybrook Woolworths store (pictured) in Sydney 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Australia

Hungry Jacks issues urgent alert after a staff member tests positive to COVID-19

Published

on

By

hungry jacks issues urgent alert after a staff member tests positive to covid 19

Hungry Jacks has issued an urgent warning after a staff member in regional Victoria tested positive to COVID-19.

The fast food giant’s Bakery Hill and Wendouree stores, 113km west of Melbourne, were immediately closed and staff were sent home after Monday’s positive result. 

‘All employees who had worked shifts with the identified worker at Wendouree have been notified to self-isolate and to get tested,’ a company statement read. 

Staff won’t be allowed to return to work until they are tested and complete 14 days in quarantine, The Ararat Advertiser reported. 

Hungry Jacks has closed the Bakery Hill and Wendouree stores, 113km west of Melbourne, after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday (a sign posted on the door of the Wendouree store pictured)

Hungry Jacks has closed the Bakery Hill and Wendouree stores, 113km west of Melbourne, after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday (a sign posted on the door of the Wendouree store pictured)

Hungry Jacks has closed the Bakery Hill and Wendouree stores, 113km west of Melbourne, after a staff member tested positive for COVID-19 on Monday (a sign posted on the door of the Wendouree store pictured)

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Hungry Jacks for comment.  

The news comes as Victoria recorded 331 COVID-19 cases and 19 deaths, taking the state’s death toll to 246 and the national figure to 331.

There have been 15,251 cases confirmed in Victoria so far, with 650 people currently in hospital. 

Of those, 47 are in intensive care and 24 are on ventilators. 

Victorian premier Dan Andrews said it was too soon to see what impact Melbourne’s stage four lockdown was having on coronavirus numbers. 

Staff at both stores will not be allowed to return to work until they have tested negative for COVID-19 and completed a 14-day quarantine (an empty Hungry Jacks pictured)

Staff at both stores will not be allowed to return to work until they have tested negative for COVID-19 and completed a 14-day quarantine (an empty Hungry Jacks pictured)

Staff at both stores will not be allowed to return to work until they have tested negative for COVID-19 and completed a 14-day quarantine (an empty Hungry Jacks pictured)

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Australia

New Zealand records four new COVID-19 cases and plunges back into lockdown

Published

on

By

new zealand records four new covid 19 cases and plunges back into lockdown

New Zealand has plunged back into a strict lockdown after four members of one family tested positive for coronavirus – despite 102 days of zero community transmission. 

The nation has been the envy of the world for its handling of the COVID-19 crisis, particularly after passing the 100 day milestone.

But from midday on Wednesday, Auckland will reenter a stage three lockdown and the rest of the nation will enter a level two lockdown after new cases were identified on Tuesday.  

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern scheduled a last minute press conference for about 9.15pm on Tuesday night as word spread of the lockdown.  

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern scheduled a last minute press conference for about 9.15pm on Tuesday night as word spread of the lockdown

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern scheduled a last minute press conference for about 9.15pm on Tuesday night as word spread of the lockdown

Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern scheduled a last minute press conference for about 9.15pm on Tuesday night as word spread of the lockdown

Contact tracing is now underway among multiple workplaces across New Zealand, and close contacts of the confirmed cases have been instructed to self isolate. 

Ms Ardern is concerned about the origin of the virus, given the family have no links to overseas travel.

‘We have not yet been able to determine the source of these cases, there is no known link to hotel quarantine.

‘One of the most important lessons we have learned from overseas is to go hard at this… In line with our precautionary approach, we will be asking Aucklanders to take swift lockdown’.  

Ms Ardern admitted authorities are ‘expecting to see more cases’ linked to the cluster. 

The popular PM will plunge Auckland back into a stage three lockdown from Wednesday in an attempt to stem the spread of the virus as part of her ‘resurgence plan’.

‘You are asked to stay home in your bubble unless you are an essential worker’. 

All bars, restaurants and public services must close by midday on Wednesday, as gatherings of more than 10 are prohibited.

‘If you are in Auckland, we ask that you wear a mask when accessing essential services.’

The popular PM will plunge Auckland back into a stage three lockdown from Wednesday in an attempt to stem the spread of the virus as part of her 'resurgence plan'

The popular PM will plunge Auckland back into a stage three lockdown from Wednesday in an attempt to stem the spread of the virus as part of her 'resurgence plan'

The popular PM will plunge Auckland back into a stage three lockdown from Wednesday in an attempt to stem the spread of the virus as part of her ‘resurgence plan’

‘While this initial three day lockdown will primarily effect the Auckland region, I am asking our team of five million to stay alert as well. We have defeated this virus before and can do it again.’ 

The rest of the nation will enter a three day level two lockdown. 

If contact tracing and widespread testing do not identify the source of the current outbreak, the lockdown could be extended.

‘If we are not able to identify the source, we should be able to identify whether we have wider geographic spread.’

Authorities hope their swift action will help to manage the potential spread of the virus following the latest outbreak. 

New Zealand went into level 4 lockdown on March 25, acting swiftly once the threat of COVID-19 was present.

By April 27, the virus appeared somewhat under control and the lockdown was eased to level 3. 

May 13 signalled the beginning of level 2 lockdown while most restrictions were entirely eased on June 9. 

Ms Ardern said she has no doubt New Zealand will defeat the virus for a second time. 

More to come. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Australia

Australians could travel to Bali from NEXT MONTH as Indonesian officials push for travel bubble

Published

on

By

australians could travel to bali from next month as indonesian officials push for travel bubble

Australians could be allowed to travel to Bali from as early as next month as Indonesian officials push for a travel bubble between the two nations. 

Indonesia‘s Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan said Australia is one of a select number of countries officials would like to welcome tourists ahead of plans to reopen Bali on September 11.

‘We have to carefully selected (countries), so I think Australia, New Zealand later on, China, of course, and maybe South Korea and Japan. We are studying day by day,’ he said. 

Indonesian officials are hoping to implement a travel bubble with Australia. Pictured: Atuh Beach in Bali (stock image)

Indonesian officials are hoping to implement a travel bubble with Australia. Pictured: Atuh Beach in Bali (stock image)

Indonesian officials are hoping to implement a travel bubble with Australia. Pictured: Atuh Beach in Bali (stock image)

Mr Luhut, who was speaking at an address to the Jakarta Foreign Correspondents Club on Monday, said discussions would be held with the Australian government. 

‘Right now we negotiate with Australia. We will see what happens, what they need from us and what we need from them,’ he said.

‘We need to negotiate standard of care because nobody can claim they’re better than others. Look at America right now. Look at Singapore right now.’ 

Mr Luhut said he believes Indonesia is currently handling the coronavirus pandemic ‘okay’ but needs to remain vigilant. 

According to the minister, Indonesia remains on track to reopen its international borders in September. Bali welcomed domestic travellers on July 31 and saw about 4,000 additional arrivals daily. 

Tourism brings in billions of dollars to the Indonesian economy each year.

Indonesia's Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan said his government would speak to Australia about the proposed travel bubble

Indonesia's Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan said his government would speak to Australia about the proposed travel bubble

Indonesia’s Minister for Maritime Affairs and Investment Luhut Binsar Pandjaitan said his government would speak to Australia about the proposed travel bubble

Pictured: Flight attendants wearing face mask walk through Bali's international airport during the coronavirus pandemic

Pictured: Flight attendants wearing face mask walk through Bali's international airport during the coronavirus pandemic

Pictured: Flight attendants wearing face mask walk through Bali’s international airport during the coronavirus pandemic

There were more than 16million visitors to Indonesia last year, including 1.3million Australians, Sydney Morning Herald reported.

Despite Mr Luhut’s hopeful comments, there is little indication the Australian government would implement a travel bubble with Indonesia anytime soon. 

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said Australia’s international borders remain closed for the foreseeable future and citizens are advised against leaving. 

On Tuesday, NT Chief Minister Michael Gunner warned border controls on visitors from coronavirus hotspots would remain in place for at least 18 months. 

Queensland has barred visitors from NSW and Victoria, while WA Premier Mark McGowan announced his borders could remain shut until mid-next year.

Indonesia has recorded more than 127,000 coronavirus cases and more than 5,700 deaths.  

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.