Connect with us

Australia

Powerball draw: Australian wins $10m entire first division prize

Published

on

powerball draw australian wins 10m entire first division prize

One lucky Australian is $10million richer after Powerball’s draw on Thursday night.

The winner claimed the entire first division prize of $10,307,848,53 in Powerball’s draw number 1265. 

The winning numbers were 5, 24, 15, 16, 14, 32 and 6, while the Powerball was 19. 

There is little known about the winner but it’s understood they purchased the ticket in New South Wales.  

One lucky Australian is $10million richer after Powerball's draw on Thursday night

One lucky Australian is $10million richer after Powerball's draw on Thursday night

One lucky Australian is $10million richer after Powerball’s draw on Thursday night

The multi-million dollar win comes after a man from Liverpool in Sydney’s south-west took home $20million in the Powerball draw on July 30. 

The lucky winner said he would buy his parents a house and travel overseas when the coronavirus crisis settles. 

‘I can’t travel at the moment, but as soon as I can, I will be straight on a plane to Las Vegas!’ he said. 

‘There will be a few little splurges when I first get the money. I want to buy a ski boat and there will be a new car.

‘I have to spoil myself a little.’ 

The man said he was in ‘total shock’ after seeing the $20million in his online account.

‘My heart was racing. I was shaking!’ he said.

‘This changes everything for me and for my whole family!’ 

The Oz Lotto jackpot has jumped from $5million to $10million after it failed to go off on Tuesday. 

A Brisbane couple woke up almost $6million richer after holding one of two division one winning entries in the Oz Lotto draw on July 28. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Australia

Scott Morrison reveals the first states to welcome Kiwis as part of the trans-Tasman travel bubble

Published

on

By

scott morrison reveals the first states to welcome kiwis as part of the trans tasman travel bubble

NSW and South Australia are set to be the first states to welcome New Zealand tourists as part of a travel bubble.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison said on Thursday the arrangement will initially be only one-way, allowing Kiwis to fly across the Tasman.

‘We’ll be able to move on that very soon,’ he told 5AA radio.

Prime Minister Scott Morrison (pictured) said NSW and South Australia are set to be the first states to welcome New Zealand tourists as part of a travel bubble

Prime Minister Scott Morrison (pictured) said NSW and South Australia are set to be the first states to welcome New Zealand tourists as part of a travel bubble

Prime Minister Scott Morrison (pictured) said NSW and South Australia are set to be the first states to welcome New Zealand tourists as part of a travel bubble

The arrangement will initially be only one-way, allowing Kiwis to fly across the Tasman (pictured, Sydney International Airport on September 29)

The arrangement will initially be only one-way, allowing Kiwis to fly across the Tasman (pictured, Sydney International Airport on September 29)

The arrangement will initially be only one-way, allowing Kiwis to fly across the Tasman (pictured, Sydney International Airport on September 29)

‘New Zealanders being able to travel to Australia – that’s good for Australian tourism.’

The prospect of Australians travelling to New Zealand is further away.

Mr Morrison said South Australia and NSW would be the first to benefit because they have already removed domestic borders.

‘That would take a lot of pressure off at the airports for hotel quarantine, which frees up more places for Australians to come home,’ he said.

The prime minister explained states insisting on quarantine for domestic travel would not be included in the bubble.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern (pictured) discussed the trans-Tasman bubble with Mr Morrison earlier in the week

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern (pictured) discussed the trans-Tasman bubble with Mr Morrison earlier in the week

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern (pictured) discussed the trans-Tasman bubble with Mr Morrison earlier in the week

‘We can’t have New Zealand tourists coming and taking up those quarantine places in those states,’ he said.

New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern discussed the trans-Tasman bubble with Mr Morrison earlier in the week.

‘There is a chance that we could have Australia simply open to New Zealand because of our status and where we are right now, which is pretty good,’ she told AAP on Wednesday.

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Continue Reading

Australia

AC/DC announces new album with Brian Johnson returning four years after he quit

Published

on

By

ac dc announces new album with brian johnson returning four years after he quit

After months of speculation, legendary rock band AC/DC has finally announced their new PWRUP album. 

The band had teased the big news for days, by uploading short clips of a neon lightning bolt to Twitter and Instagram. 

On Thursday, AC/DC finally shared what appeared to be their new album cover, confirming the return of lead guitarist Angus Young, 65, bassist Cliff Williams, 70, and rhythm guitarist Stevie Young, 63. 

Back in black! Legendary rock band AC/DC have finally announced their new PWRUP album

Back in black! Legendary rock band AC/DC have finally announced their new PWRUP album

Back in black! Legendary rock band AC/DC have finally announced their new PWRUP album

Also present on the cover is vocalist Brian Johnson, 72, who previously quit the band in 2016 due to hearing problems, and drummer Phil Rudd, 66. who left the group in 2014 amid legal troubles. 

In the black-and-white photo, Angus rocks his trademark schoolboy outfit. 

A release date for the new record has yet to be announced.  

Back again! AC/DC last toured Down Under in 2015 and 2016 for their Rock or Bust World Tour, in support of their sixteenth studio album, Rock or Bust. Pictured: Brian and Angus in 2000

Back again! AC/DC last toured Down Under in 2015 and 2016 for their Rock or Bust World Tour, in support of their sixteenth studio album, Rock or Bust. Pictured: Brian and Angus in 2000

Back again! AC/DC last toured Down Under in 2015 and 2016 for their Rock or Bust World Tour, in support of their sixteenth studio album, Rock or Bust. Pictured: Brian and Angus in 2000

AC/DC last toured Down Under in 2015 and 2016 for their Rock or Bust World Tour, in support of their sixteenth studio album, Rock or Bust.  

Brian’s hearing problems forced him to leave the band mid-tour in 2016.

He was temporarily replaced by Guns N’ Roses singer Axl Rose, who served as vocalist for the band’s remaining concerts.

Exciting! A release date for the new record has yet to be announced. Pictured: Brian Johnson (left) and Angus Young (right) in London on July 4, 2015

Exciting! A release date for the new record has yet to be announced. Pictured: Brian Johnson (left) and Angus Young (right) in London on July 4, 2015

Exciting! A release date for the new record has yet to be announced. Pictured: Brian Johnson (left) and Angus Young (right) in London on July 4, 2015

Doctors had advised the frontman to either quit performing live or face the possibility of ‘total hearing loss’.

‘That was the darkest day of my professional life,’ Brian said of the diagnosis at the time.

AC/DC was formed in Sydney in November 1973 by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young.

Following the death of lead singer Bon Scott from acute alcoholic poisoning at the age of 33 in 1980, Brian Johnson was hired to replace him.  

Rhythm guitarist Malcolm was diagnosed with dementia in 2014 and retired to a Sydney nursing home. 

He died on November 18, 2017 at the age of 64.    

Throwback! AC/DC was formed in Sydney in November 1973 by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young. Pictured (left to right): Simon Wright, Malcolm Young, Angus Young, Cliff Williams and Brian Johnson on October 18, 1985, in Inglewood, California

Throwback! AC/DC was formed in Sydney in November 1973 by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young. Pictured (left to right): Simon Wright, Malcolm Young, Angus Young, Cliff Williams and Brian Johnson on October 18, 1985, in Inglewood, California

Throwback! AC/DC was formed in Sydney in November 1973 by brothers Malcolm and Angus Young. Pictured (left to right): Simon Wright, Malcolm Young, Angus Young, Cliff Williams and Brian Johnson on October 18, 1985, in Inglewood, California

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Continue Reading

Australia

The reason fire crews were delayed in putting out a house blaze that injured a woman and two kids 

Published

on

By

the reason fire crews were delayed in putting out a house blaze that injured a woman and two kids

A family caught in an inferno are lucky to be alive after fire crews were forced to tunnel into bitumen to access hydrants that were covered during recent road works.

A woman in her 30s and two young girls suffered injuries after their Coorparoo home, in Brisbane, went up in flames just after 3am on Friday morning. 

The mother was rushed to the Royal Brisbane Hospital with severe leg burns, while the father, 32, was treated at the scene for minor injuries.  

Their daughters were taken to Brisbane’s Children Hospital, where the five-year-old was treated for burns to the arm and the three-year-old with smoke inhalation. 

A women, aged in her 30s, and two young girls were injured when their Coorparoo home went up in flames just after 3am on Friday morning. Pictured: Emergency services at the scene

A women, aged in her 30s, and two young girls were injured when their Coorparoo home went up in flames just after 3am on Friday morning. Pictured: Emergency services at the scene

A women, aged in her 30s, and two young girls were injured when their Coorparoo home went up in flames just after 3am on Friday morning. Pictured: Emergency services at the scene 

The family of four escaped out of a window with the help of neighbours as the blaze engulfed their Kitchener St home, 9News reports. 

Queensland Fire and Emergency Service Inspector Rohan Wilschefsk said it was lucky everyone escaped before firefighters arrived as road resurfacing last week had blocked the hydrants.  

‘The pavement had gone over the top of the fire hydrants so when the crews arrived they were unable to find them or get access to them,’ he told the Courier Mail.  

 ‘It wasn’t until urban utilities came and told where the hydrants were located that we were able to dig them up and get access to those hydrants.’

‘We were just lucky enough that everybody go out before we got here.’ 

Inspector Wilschefsck said crews had to stretch their hoses to other hydrants in neighbouring streets, causing delays.

Despite their best efforts, the home was completely destroyed alongside two other units within the apartment block and an adjacent house was also damaged. 

The four families left homeless are being assisted by the Fire Service to find accommodation. 

Police have set up a crime scene and the blaze is being treated as suspicious.  

Investigations remain underway. 

The inferno (pictured) destroyed four properties, leaving several families now homeless

The inferno (pictured) destroyed four properties, leaving several families now homeless

The inferno (pictured) destroyed four properties, leaving several families now homeless 

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.