Connect with us

Australia

The HUGE change to Australian McDonald’s which could change your Big Mac run forever 

Published

on

the huge change to australian mcdonalds which could change your big mac run forever

Burger chain giant McDonald’s is expected to announce on Wednesday it is making face masks compulsory for all of its staff across New South Wales.

Each staff member will have to wear a three-ply surgical mask during their shifts. 

McDonald’s Australia CEO Andrew Gregory said the measures were prompted by NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian saying masks should be worn by public-facing workers.

‘Our customers expect us to do the best we can to protect the community and we want to use caution,’ he said.

McDonald’s workers in Melbourne were told to wear a face mask last month as the city’s COVID-19 second wave began to surge.

Pictured: A McDonald's sign outside a Maryborough restaurant in regional Victoria. The chain is expected to announce on Wednesday it is making face masks compulsory for all of its staff

Pictured: A McDonald's sign outside a Maryborough restaurant in regional Victoria. The chain is expected to announce on Wednesday it is making face masks compulsory for all of its staff

Pictured: A McDonald’s sign outside a Maryborough restaurant in regional Victoria. The chain is expected to announce on Wednesday it is making face masks compulsory for all of its staff

Mr Gregory told 2GB on Wednesday morning the directive to McDonald’s staff would stay in place until further notice. 

‘McDonald’s really needs to take responsibility – it’s the right thing to do. We’ve got adequate supplies of masks and we have been working to make sure of that.’

The announcement comes after Kmart urged customers to wear face masks while visiting stores in NSW to stem the spread of COVID-19 on Tuesday. 

Bunnings and Woolworths implemented similar health advice for the safety of all customers and staff in Australia’s most populated state. 

Woolworths Group, which owns Dan Murphy’s and BWS alcohol stores as well as the grocery chain, is providing all staff with face masks to wear while serving customers.  

Bunnings Chief Operating Officer Deb Poole had a similar message, but added the company would ‘greatly appreciate customers getting on board to help protect everyone’. 

A masked pedestrian is pictured outside a McDonald's branch in Melbourne's CBD. Each staff member is expected to be told they have to wear a three-ply surgical mask

A masked pedestrian is pictured outside a McDonald's branch in Melbourne's CBD. Each staff member is expected to be told they have to wear a three-ply surgical mask

A masked pedestrian is pictured outside a McDonald’s branch in Melbourne’s CBD. Each staff member is expected to be told they have to wear a three-ply surgical mask

Patrons wearing face masks are seen using hand sanitiser and registering their check-in details at The Bavarian restaurant at the Manly Wharf on Sydney's northern beaches

Patrons wearing face masks are seen using hand sanitiser and registering their check-in details at The Bavarian restaurant at the Manly Wharf on Sydney's northern beaches

Patrons wearing face masks are seen using hand sanitiser and registering their check-in details at The Bavarian restaurant at the Manly Wharf on Sydney’s northern beaches

On Sunday, NSW Premier Ms Berejiklian said authorities would not make mask usage mandatory in her state, but revised current recommendations to address four specific circumstances.

Masks should be worn by public-facing employees including hospitality or grocery workers, worshippers and residents of suburbs near COVID-19 clusters, as well as in situations where social distancing is impossible.

‘We have been talking about masks for several weeks but obviously the persistent situation in Victoria gives us cause for alarm in terms of the potential for further seeding in NSW, and it is about risk mitigation strategy,’ Ms Berejiklian said.

More to come 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Australia

Southern California is rocked by a 4.5 magnitude earthquake

Published

on

By

southern california is rocked by a 4 5 magnitude earthquake

A 4.5-magnitude earthquake has rocked Southern California, with tremors felt from Los Angeles down to San Diego. 

The quake hit 10 miles west of L.A. at 11.39 pm local time on Friday, according to the US Geological Survey. 

It occurred at depth of nearly 11 miles, and lasted for 30 seconds. It was reported to be one of the biggest earthquakes to hit the L.A. area in years. 

There have been no reports of injuries or damage to property, but authorities warned locals to prepare for aftershocks.  

It comes amid fears a giant earthquake could rock the region sometime in the near future. 

A 4.5-magnitude earthquake has rocked Southern California, with tremors felt from Los Angeles down to San Diego

A 4.5-magnitude earthquake has rocked Southern California, with tremors felt from Los Angeles down to San Diego

A 4.5-magnitude earthquake has rocked Southern California, with tremors felt from Los Angeles down to San Diego

‘Hidden’ fault line directly under Los Angeles threatens a devastating magnitude 7.4 earthquake 

A fault line, long believed to be dormant underneath Los Angeles, could link with others and cause a major magnitude 7.4 quake, according to a report published in September 2019. 

The ‘Wilmington Fault,’ was so deep below the Earth’s surface that it was difficult to study, but researchers from Harvard, the USC  and the US Geological Survey last year imputed a ‘cluster of clues’ into a three-dimensional model that revealed activity not previously detected. 

Research indicates that the Wilmington Fault is usually supposed to rupture every 3,200 to 4,700 years – however it has been dormant now for millions of years. 

There are fears for the communities of Los Angeles and Long Beach, which are built on the Wilmington Fault. 

‘I hope bringing attention to it can potentially increase safety in the region,’ study author Franklin Wolfe, a doctoral candidate who is part of Harvard’s structural geology and Earth resources group, said at the time of publication. 

<!—->Advertisement

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Australia

Rapist, 21, who attacked woman then tried to blame an imaginary IDENTICAL TWIN jailed for 22 years

Published

on

By

rapist 21 who attacked woman then tried to blame an imaginary identical twin jailed for 22 years

A rapist who tried to blame an imaginary identical twin for the attack has been jailed for 22 years.

Khaled Argoub, 21, followed a woman off a tube and dragged her into a dark park where he choked her until she blacked out and sexually assaulted her.

He was sentenced at Kingston Crown Court on 17 September after being found guilty of two counts of attempted rape.

He was also found guilty of attempting to choke with intent, assault by penetration and three counts of sexual assault.

Khaled Argoub, 21, was sentenced at Kingston Crown Court after being found guilty of two counts of attempted rape

Khaled Argoub, 21, was sentenced at Kingston Crown Court after being found guilty of two counts of attempted rape

Khaled Argoub, 21, was sentenced at Kingston Crown Court after being found guilty of two counts of attempted rape

Argoub was given an extended sentence of 22 years for attempted rape, with the other sentences of nine and ten years to run concurrently. 

Fourteen of those he will spend in custody. He will be considered for parole after serving two thirds of the 14 years. 

The victim, who is in her 20s and cannot be named for legal reasons, was walking home from a night out with friends through Colliers Wood, south-west London.

CCTV footage shown at trial showed how Argoub followed her from the night tube, down Colliers Wood High Street before entering a residential road at around 3am.

When the victim was most of the way down the street, she noticed Argoub standing in the middle of the road ‘smirking’ at her, she later described.

The rapist then ran towards the victim, grabbed hold of her, and dragged her into Wandle Park.

He grabbed her from behind with his arm around her neck, chocking her before attempting to rape her. He also sexually assaulted her.

Biting his hand, which was covering her mouth, the victim was able to escape and ran to a nearby block of flats until officers arrived a short time after.

The victim was taken to hospital where she had significant cuts and scratches to her body and reddening to her neck. 

Her voice was hoarse from the strangulation and she struggled to speak.

A search was conducted for the suspect, with helicopter and dog support but there was no trace of the defendant. 

Officers found a baseball cap with a ‘B’ logo on the front at the scene.

Officers discovered a man fitting Argoub wearing a baseball cap on CCTV, which was found at the scene of the crime.

Twelve minutes later after the attack, he is seen re-entering the station heading towards Tooting Broadway and is no longer wearing the baseball cap.

A nail clipping was taken from the victim at hospital, which contained a partial DNA profile for Argoub.

He was arrested at 0.45am on 24 August and charged later that day.

Kingston Crown Court heard how during a police interview on 26 August, he had attempted to blame the attack on his imaginary twin brother.

Prosecutor Charlotte Newell said: ‘He claimed to have a twin but did not know when he had last seen him or contacted him.

‘This is of course in contradiction to him telling his housemate that he had no family in the UK.

Argoub was given an extended sentence of 22 years for attempted rape at Kingston Crown Court (pictured) with the other sentences of nine and ten years to run concurrently

Argoub was given an extended sentence of 22 years for attempted rape at Kingston Crown Court (pictured) with the other sentences of nine and ten years to run concurrently

Argoub was given an extended sentence of 22 years for attempted rape at Kingston Crown Court (pictured) with the other sentences of nine and ten years to run concurrently

‘He said he got around London by following people because he is an animal and that he didn’t know Colliers Wood area but his brother might.

‘He said that he could not remember where he was on evening on 10 August but probably in bed sleeping.

‘He was shown CCTV stills of the male at South Wimbledon and Colliers Wood but denied it was him and maintained that it could be his twin brother.’

Detective Constable Faye Castleman, the officer in charge of the investigation, said: ‘On behalf of the victim and her family, I am pleased that justice has been served and I hope that this sentence can bring some closure for them.

‘The victim was immensely brave throughout the investigation and I highly commend her courage. 

‘This case also recognises the importance of forensics in helping to identify offenders.

‘We take these cases very seriously and I would encourage anyone who has been through a similar experience to come forward and report it to us in confidence.’

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Australia

Schoolgirl, 17, FAKED brain tumour to con pop stars and their fans out of up to £400,000

Published

on

By

schoolgirl 17 faked brain tumour to con pop stars and their fans out of up to 400000

A 17-year-old girl faked a brain tumour to found a charity she used to con pop stars out of hundreds of thousands of pounds and fund her luxury trips to Disneyland.

Megan Bhari founded Believe in Magic to help ‘other’ terminally ill children in 2012 before she died in 2018 at age 23.

The charity, backed by One Direction as well as Taylor Swift, Michael Bublé and Ed Sheeran, was dissolved last week after a Charity Commission investigation found sums of nearly £400,000 missing in its books.

And an inquest recorded Miss Bhari’s death as caused by heart failure related to her fatty liver, with no mention of a brain tumour on her medical records.

Megan Bhari, 17, who founded shamed charity Believe in Magic backed by One Direction star Louis Tomlinson, faked a brain tumour to fund lavish trips to Disneyland, it has emerged

Megan Bhari, 17, who founded shamed charity Believe in Magic backed by One Direction star Louis Tomlinson, faked a brain tumour to fund lavish trips to Disneyland, it has emerged

Megan Bhari, 17, who founded shamed charity Believe in Magic backed by One Direction star Louis Tomlinson, faked a brain tumour to fund lavish trips to Disneyland, it has emerged

Parents of other children with cancer became concerned about her Ms Bhari’s accounts of her illness and started to investigate her before her death.

Joanne Ashcroft, from Wigan, who met her at a charity event for sick children with her son Corey, noticed fundraising appeals for her treatment lacked detail.

She told The Times: ‘I spoke to other oncology parents close to me who felt the same.

 ‘Our own children had been through the most horrific disease and treatments imaginable, there was just something in the words that didn’t ring true.’

Concerned parents found out Ms Bhari had been staying at Walt Disney World in Florida after traveling to the US on cruise liners on planned trips for treatment

Concerned parents found out Ms Bhari had been staying at Walt Disney World in Florida after traveling to the US on cruise liners on planned trips for treatment

Megan Bhari founded Believe in Magic to help other terminally ill children in 2012 before she died in 2018 at age 23

Megan Bhari founded Believe in Magic to help other terminally ill children in 2012 before she died in 2018 at age 23

Concerned parents found out Ms Bhari had been staying at Walt Disney World in Florida after traveling to the US on cruise liners on planned trips for treatment

They hired a private investigator, who found out Ms Bhari had been staying at Walt Disney World in Florida after traveling to the US on cruise liners on planned trips for treatment.

The investigator also took photos of Ms Bhari in November 2017 returning to Southampton from the US after a post on social media said she had travelled there for treatment.

She was pictured smiling and pushing a trolley with suitcases despite the charity saying her body had ‘been through more than any should ever have to and is so weak’ at the time.

In the same year, the Charity Commission launched an investigation into Believe in Magic, freezing its accounts following ‘multiple complaints’.

Charity Commission launched an investigation into Believe in Magic, freezing its accounts following 'multiple complaints' in 2017

Charity Commission launched an investigation into Believe in Magic, freezing its accounts following 'multiple complaints' in 2017

Charity Commission launched an investigation into Believe in Magic, freezing its accounts following ‘multiple complaints’ in 2017

Investigators found cash withdrawals of £133,000 had been made in the year to November 2015 and £156,000 was taken out the following year. 

Between December 2015 and May 2016, £108,786 was transferred to a trustee and the charity was shut down last week, with remaining funds being given to to the Round Table Children’s Wish. 

Ms Bhari’s mother Jean O’Brien, 66, one of the charity’s trustees, also took a voluntary guarantee not to be a trustee or hold a senior management position at a charity for five years.

Police investigated but said that there was insufficient evidence to take the matter further. 

Investigators found £133,000 had been withdrawn from the charity in the year to November 2015 and £156,000 was taken out the following year

Investigators found £133,000 had been withdrawn from the charity in the year to November 2015 and £156,000 was taken out the following year

Investigators found £133,000 had been withdrawn from the charity in the year to November 2015 and £156,000 was taken out the following year

The charity’s ambassadors were One Direction and Louis Tomlinson personally donated £2million to the fund, according to reports.

David Cameron also tweeted his backing to the charity in 2015 and rewarded it with a special Downing Street award.

Last week, Ms O’Brien addressed the Charity’s Commission’s decision to close it and allegations her daughter had faked her illness.

She wrote on Facebook: ‘No one on this earth could have loved Meg more than me. I did everything I could to make her life as wonderful, as happy and as comfortable as it could be. 

‘The charity grew so quickly and although Meg and I worked tirelessly I take full responsibility for the less than perfect admin and record keeping.

‘I am not ashamed to say I have been driven to the brink by these completely untrue and devastating allegations.’ 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.