Connect with us

Australia

Woman shot dead at Hollywood home belonging to a former Australian soap star after NFL party

Published

on

woman shot dead at hollywood home belonging to a former australian soap star after nfl party

One woman has been shot dead and two others seriously wounded after gunfire broke out at a party in a Hollywood mega-mansion owned by former Australian soap star Susa Hannaford.

The unidentified woman, who is thought to be 35, was rushed to hospital after being struck by bullets when pandemonium broke out at the Mulholland Drive mega mansion in the early hours of Tuesday morning.  

Initial reports from partygoers said hundreds of revelers had gathered at the sprawling property to celebrate an unidentified football star making the NFL draft.

However, police sources told TMZ they believe the party was hosted by the notorious LA gang 8-Tray Gangster Crips and that there were no NFL players in attendance.

Hannaford, who rose to fame after appearing as Kitty Sullivan in the 1970s Australian TV series ‘The Sullivans’, is understood to have rented out the $9million Beverly Crest mansion.

A 35-year-old woman was killed in a Hollywood mansion owned by Susan Hannaford (pictured) on Tuesday

A 35-year-old woman was killed in a Hollywood mansion owned by Susan Hannaford (pictured) on Tuesday

A 35-year-old woman was killed in a Hollywood mansion owned by Susan Hannaford (pictured) on Tuesday

It was reported that the home (pictured) had been rented by several NFL players for a party when the shooting occurred

It was reported that the home (pictured) had been rented by several NFL players for a party when the shooting occurred

It was reported that the home (pictured) had been rented by several NFL players for a party when the shooting occurred

A security guard working at the lavish party said it was thrown for an NFL player

A security guard working at the lavish party said it was thrown for an NFL player

A security guard working at the lavish party said it was thrown for an NFL player

Daily Mail Australia is not suggesting Hannaford was present at the property or had any involvement in the party or shooting. 

The mass shooting took place at around 1:15 a.m. at the huge short-term rental property in the affluent LA neighborhood of West Mulholland Drive. 

LAPD Lt. Chris Ramirez said at a news briefing Tuesday morning that cops were called to the scene to find two women and a man with gunshot wounds.

They were rushed to hospital with one patient in grave condition and two in a critical condition.

The Los Angeles Police Department confirmed one woman later died in hospital.

The two other victims were said to be in a stable condition by around 8 a.m. Tuesday.

The male victim is in his 30s and the second woman in her 40s, CBS reported.

A fourth victim – a woman – suffered a wrist injury while trying to flee the scene, while another man checked himself into a local hospital but was later released.

Ramirez said the incident is being treated as gang-related. No suspects have yet been identified or arrested, he added. 

Footage from earlier in the night showed hundreds of people packed across the stunning balconies of the Mulholland Drive villa as one reveler appeared to 'make it rain' - throwing dollar bills into the air, which showered into the pool below

Footage from earlier in the night showed hundreds of people packed across the stunning balconies of the Mulholland Drive villa as one reveler appeared to 'make it rain' - throwing dollar bills into the air, which showered into the pool below

Footage from earlier in the night showed hundreds of people packed across the stunning balconies of the Mulholland Drive villa as one reveler appeared to ‘make it rain’ – throwing dollar bills into the air, which showered into the pool below

Hundreds had gathered for an NFL star's party at the sprawling rental property (above)

Hundreds had gathered for an NFL star's party at the sprawling rental property (above)

Hundreds had gathered for an NFL star’s party at the sprawling rental property (above)

One woman has been shot dead and two others seriously wounded after gunfire broke out at a multi-million-dollar Beverly Crest mansion. Chaotic footage of the aftermath showed one partygoer cradling an injured person in their arms on the ground outside the property (pictured)

One woman has been shot dead and two others seriously wounded after gunfire broke out at a multi-million-dollar Beverly Crest mansion. Chaotic footage of the aftermath showed one partygoer cradling an injured person in their arms on the ground outside the property (pictured)

One woman has been shot dead and two others seriously wounded after gunfire broke out at a multi-million-dollar Beverly Crest mansion. Chaotic footage of the aftermath showed one partygoer cradling an injured person in their arms on the ground outside the property (pictured) 

Kennie D. Leggett, security manager for the event at the rented mansion, told CBS the lavish party was thrown to celebrate a football player being recently drafted to an NFL team.

He did not identify the player or which team he had been drafted to. 

We have money. We are people. This COVID, I mean, is just pushing us out everywhere, and we have nothing, so the only thing we do have is Airbnbs to rent swimming pools for our kids, to do big things and things of that nature,’ said Leggett.

He said his team planned on staying until 3 a.m. when the party was scheduled to end.

Cops have denied the claims of ties to an NFL star, saying they believe this version of events was a cover story in anticipation of trouble potentially breaking out, reported TMZ.

Police sources told TMZ they believe it was a party for the 8-Tray Gangster Crips and that there was no evidence of any NFL players attending the bash.

The 8-Trays are a notorious street gang on the West Side of South LA and are thought to be one of the most violent gangs in LA County.

The NFL Draft took place around four months back in April and rookie players selected are already in training camps with their new teams.   

A female and male partygoer were seen scuffling as she shouted 'that's my brother'

A female and male partygoer were seen scuffling as she shouted 'that's my brother'

A female and male partygoer were seen scuffling as she shouted ‘that’s my brother’

Shocking footage posted online by partygoer Gabriel Pacheco captured the moment the revelry was interrupted by about 20 gunshots being fired into the crowds.

A second round of gunfire is then heard, sending panicked guests running to safety.

Pacheco claimed the shots were fired at people when ‘a lot of big Ballers were gambling lost a lot of money [were] p***ed.

‘Then a bunch of gangsters came in and robbed everybody and started shooting everybody.

‘A lot of people with money and guns and gangsters… got crazy I ran for my life it was crazy.’

Before the shooting broke out, Pacheco had been filming luxury cars in the driveway and chatting with women outside, before going inside the luxury home.

Chaotic footage of the aftermath showed one partygoer cradling an injured person in their arms on the ground outside the property.

A female and male partygoer were also seen scuffling as she shouted ‘that’s my brother’.

Emergency services were seen attending another victim on the ground, while cops in riot gear stood on guard.

The mansion – which had been crawling with partygoers dancing and enjoying themselves just moments earlier – was deserted and shrouded in darkness as a police helicopter circled overhead.

Emergency services were seen attending to a victim on the ground after the shooting

Emergency services were seen attending to a victim on the ground after the shooting

Emergency services were seen attending to a victim on the ground after the shooting 

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Hannaford for comment. 

The 66-year-old lives in the mansion with her grandchildren Bella and Dante.

Hannaford made headlines in Australia in 2018 after accusing Channel Seven’s Sunday night of ‘setting her up’ in a TV interview about her finances.

She accused Channel Seven’s Sunday Night of ‘setting her up’ in a TV interview about her finances.

Hannaford played Kitty (pictured far right) in Australian drama 'The Sullivans' from 1976 to 1983

Hannaford played Kitty (pictured far right) in Australian drama 'The Sullivans' from 1976 to 1983

Hannaford played Kitty (pictured far right) in Australian drama ‘The Sullivans’ from 1976 to 1983

Powered by: Daily Mail

Australia

Fears grow for missing boy, 3, who vanished outside his house wearing white ‘Spiderman’ pyjamas

Published

on

By

fears grow for missing boy 3 who vanished outside his house wearing white spiderman pyjamas

A frantic search is underway after a three-year-old boy vanished from outside of his house on Saturday morning. 

Police are searching in the area around Karli Rise, Yallingup, in Western Australia after the boy was last seen about 7:30am on Saturday. 

The boy is described as fair skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes and he is wearing white ‘Spiderman’ pyjamas.

Police are searching in the area around Karli Rise, Yallingup, in Western Australia after the boy (pictured) was last seen about 7:30am on Saturday

Police are searching in the area around Karli Rise, Yallingup, in Western Australia after the boy (pictured) was last seen about 7:30am on Saturday

Police are searching in the area around Karli Rise, Yallingup, in Western Australia after the boy (pictured) was last seen about 7:30am on Saturday 

Anyone who sees the boy is asked to remain with him and call police immediately on 000.  

The boy is described as fair skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes and he is wearing white 'Spiderman' pyjamas

The boy is described as fair skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes and he is wearing white 'Spiderman' pyjamas

The boy is described as fair skinned with blonde hair and blue eyes and he is wearing white ‘Spiderman’ pyjamas 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Australia

New South Wales reports three new COVID-19 cases

Published

on

By

new south wales reports three new covid 19 cases

New South Wales has reported three new COVID-19 cases overnight.

Two cases are from returned travellers currently staying in hotel quarantine.

The other case is a staff member who worked while potentially infectious at Concord Hospital, in Sydney’s inner west. 

NSW Health said it was investigating how the staff member became infected.

‘The case cared for patients with COVID-19 and further investigation is underway to identify how the infection was acquired. 

‘Contact tracing is underway.’

New South Wales has reported three new COVID-19 cases overnight (pictured, two women wear face masks in Circular Quay)

New South Wales has reported three new COVID-19 cases overnight (pictured, two women wear face masks in Circular Quay)

New South Wales has reported three new COVID-19 cases overnight (pictured, two women wear face masks in Circular Quay)

The other case is a staff member at Concord Hospital, in Sydney's inner west

The other case is a staff member at Concord Hospital, in Sydney's inner west

The other case is a staff member at Concord Hospital, in Sydney’s inner west

Four people are currently being treated in intensive care units with two connected to respirators.   

NSW had six new COVID-19 cases in the 24 hours to 8pm on Thursday, with just one acquired locally and linked to a known cluster.

Five of the cases were returned overseas travellers in hotel quarantine.

The locally acquired case is a household contact of another one who attended Liverpool Hospital and was in isolation while infectious.

There are now 21 cases linked to the Liverpool Hospital dialysis cluster. 

As the state continues to record low numbers of COVID-19 cases, premier Gladys Berejiklian has made plans to welcome an extra 500 weekly returned travellers.  

The increase will start from September 27, and takes the state’s intake to about 3,000 a week.

It followed Ms Berejiklian’s declaration she’d be happy to accept the extra travellers if Queensland and Western Australia doubled their intake.

Those states will scale up capacity by 500 returnees per week more slowly than NSW.

Ms Berejiklian has for months been urging the other states to lift their game and share the load.  

NSW had six new COVID-19 cases in the 24 hours to 8pm on Thursday, with just one acquired locally and linked to a known cluster (pictured, nurses at a COVID-19 pop-up clinic at Rushcutters Bay)

NSW had six new COVID-19 cases in the 24 hours to 8pm on Thursday, with just one acquired locally and linked to a known cluster (pictured, nurses at a COVID-19 pop-up clinic at Rushcutters Bay)

NSW had six new COVID-19 cases in the 24 hours to 8pm on Thursday, with just one acquired locally and linked to a known cluster (pictured, nurses at a COVID-19 pop-up clinic at Rushcutters Bay)

NSW Health said it was investigating how the staff member at Concord Hospital became infected

NSW Health said it was investigating how the staff member at Concord Hospital became infected

NSW Health said it was investigating how the staff member at Concord Hospital became infected

The state premier continues to be at loggerheads with Queensland counterpart Annastacia Palaszczuk over the NSW and QLD border issue.

Queensland announced on Friday ACT residents will be able to fly into the Sunshine State from September 25, but those in NSW cannot as it’s still considered a hotspot.

Ms Berejiklian said all border talks with Ms Palaszczuk had ceased again, but Queensland Deputy Premier Steven Miles denied any communication breakdown.

He said Queensland’s chief health officer speaks with her NSW counterpart almost every day and he speaks with his counterpart most days too.

It came as NSW agreed to accept an additional 500 returned travellers each week into its hotel quarantine system. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Australia

Man who lost his penis to a flesh-eating bacteria sues hospital

Published

on

By

man who lost his penis to a flesh eating bacteria sues hospital

A man is suing a hospital after his penis was amputated when he developed flesh-eating bacteria. 

The 70-year-old from Shepparton, in Victoria, alleges that Goulburn Valley Health failed to treat him ‘adequately’ when he complained to the hospital of his illness, according to The Goulburn Valley News

In a Supreme Court writ filed on Monday, Wayne Grundy claims he caught the bacterial infection and ‘necrotising fasciitis’ during a week-long stay at the facility in April and May 2018. 

The 70-year-old from Shepparton alleges that Goulburn Valley Health failed to treat him 'adequately' when he complained to the hospital of his illness (stock image)

The 70-year-old from Shepparton alleges that Goulburn Valley Health failed to treat him 'adequately' when he complained to the hospital of his illness (stock image)

The 70-year-old from Shepparton alleges that Goulburn Valley Health failed to treat him ‘adequately’ when he complained to the hospital of his illness (stock image) 

He alleges that staff at the hospital ‘failed to adequately or properly assess the penis adequately or at all’ and did not administer antibiotics for the first one-and-a-half days of treatment. 

Among the other claims is that he was not transferred to Royal Melbourne Hospital for specialist treatment when the infection was diagnosed. 

The writ claims Mr Grundy suffers ‘psychological upset together with depression and anxiety’ and ‘will continue to suffer loss and damage’. 

He claims he has also developed post-traumatic stress disorder after the alleged botched treatment. 

Carmelo Barbante from Barbarte Personal Injury Lawyers told the publication that these types of cases were rare but the allegations of negligence were serious. 

His client is seeking medical costs, damages, and interest. 

Daily Mail Australia has contacted Goulburn Valley Health for comment.  

He alleges that staff at the hospital (pictured) 'failed to adequately or properly assess the penis adequately or at all' and did not administer antibiotics for the first one-and-a-half days of treatment

He alleges that staff at the hospital (pictured) 'failed to adequately or properly assess the penis adequately or at all' and did not administer antibiotics for the first one-and-a-half days of treatment

He alleges that staff at the hospital (pictured) ‘failed to adequately or properly assess the penis adequately or at all’ and did not administer antibiotics for the first one-and-a-half days of treatment 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.