Connect with us

Entertainment

Mike Larkan was about to go live on air when he learned he was sacked in Channel Ten’s budget cuts 

Published

on

mike larkan was about to go live on air when he learned he was sacked in channel tens budget cuts

Mike Larkan was sacked along with at least 24 other stars, including Studio 10 host Kerri-Anne Kennerley and journalist Natarsha Belling, in the brutal budget cuts at Channel 10 earlier this week. 

And the 56-year-old news anchor has admitted that the news came as a shock – and was delivered hours before he was due to do a live cross. 

He tells The Daily Telegraph: ‘I was caught off guard. I’ll be honest… I was totally surprised when I got the phone call. I just had no idea’.

Out: Mike Larkan (pictured) was sacked along with at least 24 other stars, including Studio 10 host Kerri-Anne and journalist Natarsha Belling, in the brutal afternoon of budget cuts at Channel Ten earlier this week

Out: Mike Larkan (pictured) was sacked along with at least 24 other stars, including Studio 10 host Kerri-Anne and journalist Natarsha Belling, in the brutal afternoon of budget cuts at Channel Ten earlier this week

Out: Mike Larkan (pictured) was sacked along with at least 24 other stars, including Studio 10 host Kerri-Anne and journalist Natarsha Belling, in the brutal afternoon of budget cuts at Channel Ten earlier this week

Mike went on to say that he’s taken his sacking rather well.  

‘You don’t want to hear the news you are no longer in their plan going forward. But, well, I’ve taken that in my stride,’ he said.   

He added:  ‘I’ve had a good 25 years and I’ve been lucky to have survived that long. There have been retrenches and I’ve survived those, but not quite this time.’  

Oh no: The 56-year-old news anchor has admitted the news came as a shock - and arrived hours before he was due to do a live cross. He tells The Daily Telegraph: 'I was caught off guard. I'll be honest... I was totally surprised when I got the phone call. I just had no idea'

Oh no: The 56-year-old news anchor has admitted the news came as a shock - and arrived hours before he was due to do a live cross. He tells The Daily Telegraph: 'I was caught off guard. I'll be honest... I was totally surprised when I got the phone call. I just had no idea'

Oh no: The 56-year-old news anchor has admitted the news came as a shock – and arrived hours before he was due to do a live cross. He tells The Daily Telegraph: ‘I was caught off guard. I’ll be honest… I was totally surprised when I got the phone call. I just had no idea’

Earlier this week, staff members were informed that the news and operations department was being ‘restructured’ in response to the sharp decline in advertising revenue caused by the coronavirus pandemic.  

The changes are expected to be effective from Monday, September 14. 

Channel 10’s network director of news content, Ross Dagan, said in a statement about the job cuts: ‘The decision to make these changes was a very difficult one and I want to express my sincere thanks and gratitude to our friends and colleagues who will leave the network. 

Mike went on to say that he's taken his sacking rather well: 'You don't want to hear the news you are no longer in their plan going forward. But, well, I've taken that in my stride,' he said

Mike went on to say that he's taken his sacking rather well: 'You don't want to hear the news you are no longer in their plan going forward. But, well, I've taken that in my stride,' he said

Mike went on to say that he’s taken his sacking rather well: ‘You don’t want to hear the news you are no longer in their plan going forward. But, well, I’ve taken that in my stride,’ he said

‘It is in no way a reflection of their talent, contribution or passion. They are exceptionally gifted people. We are incredibly proud of them and their work. There is no doubt they will be missed.

‘These painful changes reflect the state of the media industry in recent years and the need for all media companies to achieve new efficiencies.

‘While our viewers in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth will see some on-air changes, we will continue to produce local news and employ local reporters, camera operators and production staff in those cities.’

He added: 'I've had a good 25 years and I've been lucky to have survived that long. There have been retrenches and I've survived those, but not quite this time'

He added: 'I've had a good 25 years and I've been lucky to have survived that long. There have been retrenches and I've survived those, but not quite this time'

He added: ‘I’ve had a good 25 years and I’ve been lucky to have survived that long. There have been retrenches and I’ve survived those, but not quite this time’

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Entertainment

The Handmaid’s Tale has resumed filming in Toronto as Mckenna Grace, 14, joins the cast for season 4

Published

on

By

the handmaids tale has resumed filming in toronto as mckenna grace 14 joins the cast for season 4

Production on Hulu’s The Handmaid’s Tale was halted in mid-March due to the coronvirus.

And while fans of the Elisabeth Moss-led series will have to wait until sometime next year for new episodes, Deadline.com reported Thursday that filming on the show has finally resumed.

The outlet also revealed that 14-year-old actress Mckenna Grace is joining the cast as the teenage wife of a much older Commander in the dystopian drama.

Back in action: The Handmaid's Tale starring Elisabeth Moss resumed filming for its fourth season two weeks ago in Toronto, Canada, Deadline.com reported on Thursday

Back in action: The Handmaid’s Tale starring Elisabeth Moss resumed filming for its fourth season two weeks ago in Toronto, Canada, Deadline.com reported on Thursday 

Mckenna, whose credits include The Haunting of Hill House, Troop Zero and the upcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife, will play a character called Mrs. Keyes.

She is described as ‘a sharply intelligent, teenage wife of a much older Commander who rules her farm and household with confidence. 

‘She has a rebellious, subversive streak, and is calm and pious on the outside with turmoil, even insanity, on the inside.’

Work on season four started back up two weeks ago in Toronto, Canada, according to Deadline. 

Delayed: Production on the Hulu hit series had been halted in mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic and fans will now have to wait until sometime next year for new episodes

Delayed: Production on the Hulu hit series had been halted in mid-March due to the COVID-19 pandemic and fans will now have to wait until sometime next year for new episodes

New role: Child star Mckenna grace, 14, is joining the cast as the teenage wife of a much older Commander. Her character is described as having a 'rebellious, subversive streak'

New role: Child star Mckenna grace, 14, is joining the cast as the teenage wife of a much older Commander. Her character is described as having a ‘rebellious, subversive streak’

The drama based on Margaret Atwood’s 1985 novel premiered on Hulu in 2017 and quickly garnered a huge following.

Former Mad Men star Moss is the protagonist June, who is captured while trying to flee the fictional Gilead with her husband and daughter and ends up, renamed Offred, as a Handmaid whose role is to bear children for infertile ruling elite couples.

By the end of the third season, Moss’ character has navigated life in the religiously oppressive Gilead to the point where she has succeeded in rescuing dozens of girls and helping them escape to neighboring Canada.

She, though, has returned to Gilead where her own daughter Hannah remains and at the end of the last episode, she was seen being shot by guards.

It sets the scene for season four to follow June and other Handmaids, along with help from the Marthas, or house servants, as they seek to destroy their oppressors or be destroyed by them.

Hulu has not yet announced precisely when The Handmaid’s Tale will return to its streaming service.

Hit show: The drama based on Margaret Atwood's 1985 novel and set in the dystopian society of Gilead premiered in 2017 and quickly garnered a huge following and multiple Emmy wins

Hit show: The drama based on Margaret Atwood’s 1985 novel and set in the dystopian society of Gilead premiered in 2017 and quickly garnered a huge following and multiple Emmy wins 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Grant and Chezzi Denyer hint their tell-all podcast is causing marital problems 

Published

on

By

grant and chezzi denyer hint their tell all podcast is causing marital problems

Self-proclaimed ‘Aussie television super couple’ Grant and Chezzi Denyer launched their new podcast IT’S ALL TRUE earlier this week. 

The candid podcast is about their ‘drama-filled 10 year marriage’ and promises to tell all of their stories ‘no matter how god-awful, embarrassing or hilarious’. 

But on Thursday, Chezzi, 40, posted a selfie to Instagram, with a caption suggesting the podcast was so honest that it completely changed them as a couple. 

'More uncomfortable home truths': Grant and Chezzi Denyer say their tell-all podcast has caused problems, but is cathartic for the couple

'More uncomfortable home truths': Grant and Chezzi Denyer say their tell-all podcast has caused problems, but is cathartic for the couple

‘More uncomfortable home truths’: Grant and Chezzi Denyer say their tell-all podcast has caused problems, but is cathartic for the couple 

‘We were all love and smiles before recording today’s IT’S ALL TRUE Podcast… We didn’t walk out looking this way though,’ Chezzi wrote on Instagram. 

‘More uncomfortable, sometimes funny, home truths shared again. Can’t say too much. You’ll have to wait til Monday to hear our next episode. But brace yourselves.’

While that may sound intense, Chezzi has previously said telling their uncomfortable stories is part of a ‘cathartic’ process for the couple.

Healing process: While the podcast sounds intense, Chezzi said telling their uncomfortable stories is part of a 'cathartic' process for the couple

Healing process: While the podcast sounds intense, Chezzi said telling their uncomfortable stories is part of a ‘cathartic’ process for the couple

‘What we’ve spoken about on this week’s episode and next week’s episode isn’t always easy to discuss.. but it does feel very cathartic being able to speak freely and our hope is that we may help others with our stories!’ Chezzi said on Wednesday. 

Meanwhile, Grant wrote: ‘There’s a fair bit of pain you have to relive when talking about these things, and it’s easy for me to feel lots of shame.’ 

On Monday’s episode, Grant revealed how his life went downhill during an addiction to painkillers.  

The 43-year-old Family Feud host was on a concoction of Endone and morphine while recovering from a broken back injury after a monster truck accident. 

Brutal: On Monday's episode, Grant revealed how his life went downhill during an addiction to painkillers, recalling one occasion where he woke up surrounded by faeces and believed his wife was being raped by an intruder

Brutal: On Monday’s episode, Grant revealed how his life went downhill during an addiction to painkillers, recalling one occasion where he woke up surrounded by faeces and believed his wife was being raped by an intruder

The side effects from his drug use were so bad that the star once woke up surrounded by faeces and believed his wife was being raped by an intruder.

Mad sh*t that went on …. when I closed my eyes and couldn’t tell the difference between reality and my dream,’ he said on his It’s All True podcast on Monday. 

‘I remember waking up thinking there was a home invasion and I thought that Chezzi was being attacked, being raped in the apartment.

‘I’m trying to find these guys who are attacking you and raping you. I’m like, “Where are they? I know they’re here! Where are they?”‘

Happy family: Chezzi is pregnant with the couple's third child. Pictured with Grant and their daughters, Scout, four, and Sailor, eight

Happy family: Chezzi is pregnant with the couple’s third child. Pictured with Grant and their daughters, Scout, four, and Sailor, eight  

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Former AFL star Brendan Fevola flaunts his BIZARRE half-shaved mullet haircut in Melbourne

Published

on

By

former afl star brendan fevola flaunts his bizarre half shaved mullet haircut in melbourne

He proudly flaunted his bizarre half-shaved mullet on Thursday evening. 

And shortly after debuting his new look, former AFL star Brendan Fevola took to the streets of Melbourne to show off his questionable new ‘do.

The 39-year-old was seen out for a stroll amid the city’shard lockdown, dressed down in a white T-shirt and blue shorts.

He woke up like this! Former AFL star Brendan Fevola flaunted his BIZARRE half-shaved mullet haircut while out for a stroll during Melbourne's hard lockdown on Friday

He woke up like this! Former AFL star Brendan Fevola flaunted his BIZARRE half-shaved mullet haircut while out for a stroll during Melbourne’s hard lockdown on Friday 

He also had on his face mask that has ‘not today rona’ emblazoned across the front.

As he looked down at his car keys, the FOX FM radio host’s odd hairstyle was on full display, with Brendan revealing the bare top and sides and the dark curly locks on the back of his head.  

On Thursday, Brendan shared a photo on Instagram showing the bald front of his head and the remaining part of his mane. 

That's different!  As he looked down at his car keys, the FOX FM radio host's odd hairstyle was on full display, with Brendan revealing the bare top and sides and the dark curly locks on the back of his head

That’s different!  As he looked down at his car keys, the FOX FM radio host’s odd hairstyle was on full display, with Brendan revealing the bare top and sides and the dark curly locks on the back of his head

He hilariously captioned the snap: ‘Looking grouse 2020’.

It comes after Brendan unveiled several dramatic looks back in Melbourne’s April lockdown. 

The sports star dyed his hair green and purple to represent his employer’s trademark logo.

'Looking grouse 2020':  On Thursday, Brendan shared a photo on Instagram showing the bald front of his head and the remaining part of his mane

‘Looking grouse 2020’:  On Thursday, Brendan shared a photo on Instagram showing the bald front of his head and the remaining part of his mane

‘New day, new hair style,’ he wrote, before offering a spirited plug for his show with co-stars Fifi Box and Byron Cooke. 

‘Make sure you are tuning in 6 till 10 Mon to Fri,’ he said, adding fans could also download the smart phone app. 

Brendan also informed his legion of fans his daughter Leni did the dye job. 

'New day, new hair style': It comes after Brendan unveiled several dramatic looks back in April. The sports star dyed his hair green and purple to represent his employer's trademark logo

‘New day, new hair style’: It comes after Brendan unveiled several dramatic looks back in April. The sports star dyed his hair green and purple to represent his employer’s trademark logo

The shock look came after the AFL player, who is normally a brunette, admitted he ‘got bored’ while cooped up at home and decided to change his hair colour.

After his hair initially went yellow, Brendan later unveiled a lighter blond colour after a second dye attempt. 

‘I’m so not posing here,’ he cheekily wrote underneath in Instagram post with his peroxide blonde hair.   

Blond Bombshell! He also rocked a platinum blonde 'do

Blond Bombshell! He also rocked a platinum blonde ‘do

The former Carlton footy star then joked ‘just a candid shot of my grouse look’, alongside the hashtags ‘new hair’ and ‘blonds have more fun’. 

Brendan claimed he was channeling Eminem’s Slim Shady look with his newly bleached hair and said: ‘ISO got me doing weird s**t’.  

Killing time: The former AFL star is normally a brunette, but he admitted he 'got bored' on and decided to change up his hair colour

Killing time: The former AFL star is normally a brunette, but he admitted he ‘got bored’ on and decided to change up his hair colour 

Work in progress! Brendan revealed he was channelling Eminem's Slim Shady look when he rocked this look

Work in progress! Brendan revealed he was channelling Eminem’s Slim Shady look when he rocked this look

Good dad! Brendan is the father of four children - daughters Mia, Leni, Lulu and baby Tobi

Good dad! Brendan is the father of four children – daughters Mia, Leni, Lulu and baby Tobi 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.