Connect with us

Main News

Carol Baskin CANCELS TWO Loose Women appearances

Published

on

carol baskin cancels two loose women appearances

Loose Women viewers were left bitterly disappointed when Tiger King antagonist Carole Baskin cancelled yet another appearance on the show. 

Despite being tipped to chat to the panel on Wednesday, the big cat enthusiast cancelled at the last minute, in a move that came hours after her late husband’s family funded an advertisement during her Dancing With The Stars debut. 

The first chat was planned for Tuesday, however after waiting 45 minutes for her appearance she did not show-up while panellist Denise Welch travelled all the way from Cheshire to chat to the documentary star. 

Outrage: Loose Women viewers were left bitterly disappointed when Tiger King antagonist Carole Baskin cancelled yet another appearance on the show

Outrage: Loose Women viewers were left bitterly disappointed when Tiger King antagonist Carole Baskin cancelled yet another appearance on the show

Carole caused shockwaves when she signed up to Dancing With The Stars and keen to capitalise on her appearance, her late husband Don Lewis’ family opted to take out an advert seeking information on his alleged murder. 

After Tiger King hit Netflix earlier this year, many viewers were intrigued by rumours that she had killed Don and fed him to the big cats in her sanctuary.

Despite incessant denials, the Lewis family used her DWTS debut to air a 50-second clip calling for information about his 1997 disappearance in 1997 and offered a $100,000 reward is being offered for any leads.

Following the advert’s release, Carole said: ‘I haven’t seen it, but I’m not surprised. Spending time worrying about what I’m doing is probably not a really good use of your time’, before she insisted the move was a publicity stunt. 

Oh no: Despite being tipped to chat to the panel on Wednesday, the big cat enthusiast cancelled at the last minute, in a move that came hours after her late husband's family funded an advertisement during her Dancing With The Stars debut

Oh no: Despite being tipped to chat to the panel on Wednesday, the big cat enthusiast cancelled at the last minute, in a move that came hours after her late husband’s family funded an advertisement during her Dancing With The Stars debut

Tough break: The first chat was planned for Tuesday, however after waiting 45 minutes for her appearance she did not show-up while panellist Denise Welch travelled all the way from Cheshire to chat to the documentary star

Tough break: The first chat was planned for Tuesday, however after waiting 45 minutes for her appearance she did not show-up while panellist Denise Welch travelled all the way from Cheshire to chat to the documentary star

The scandal surrounding the advert led to debate that her reason for cancelling on Loose Women was due to the controversy. 

Andrea McLean said on the show: ‘Carole has denied any involvement in husband’s disappearance, he has formally been declared dead, she is now remarried.’

As well as the advert hypothesis, other angry viewers alleged that the producers had merely been drawing in viewers and claimed the incident was ‘a s**t show’. 

After the show aired, the panellists reached out to Carole with a video saying they were always there for her if she needs be. 

Carole reportedly said: ‘I am so sorry, I screwed up my ever changing schedule, phone of hook with fan support/interviews… I have hours where Dancing With The Stars wants me. That has to be my priority.’

Viewers soon flooded Twitter, writing: ‘Come on @loosewomen Carol Baskin mugged you off big time !! Couldn’t even be bothered to apologise to you…

33255050 8739333 image a 41 1600261220008

33255054 8739333 image a 43 1600261226652

Not convinced: Viewers weren't  happy

Not convinced: Viewers weren’t  happy 

Don’t blame the time difference (she managed to ‘commit’ knowing this), don’t blame an advert we probably weren’t likely to have seen, have some manner… 

‘Sorry but how the f**k has #LooseWomen been allowed to advertise Carol Baskin appearing on their show all morning knowing that wasn’t going to happen… 

‘What a s**t show… Wtf #loosewomen so I’ve just sat though all that waiting for Carol Baskin and the drama and there isn’t again… 

‘I only turned into this gargabe for the Carole Baskin interview, and they can’t even deliver that, these old dogs are pathetic and embarrassing, this crap show should be axed… Carole Baskin thinks she is too good for #LooseWomen… 

‘You don’t have a lot of time with her because you wasted time on that non interview with Carole Baskin #LooseWomen… Why was the whole Carole Baskin interview made such a big deal of there?! Struggling for content maybe? #LooseWomen… 

‘Carole Baskin has apparently promised to give #LooseWomen her first UK exclusive interview? First the exclusive ‘Coronavirus whistleblower’ and now this.’ [sic]

‘His big interview with Carol Baskin they’ve been banging on about for days and it never happened. Why not say that in the first place? Desperate for viewers much?!’

Powered by: Daily Mail

Health

Olympian Allyson Felix Breaks Usain Bolt’s Record—10 Months After Emergency C-Section

Published

on

By

image?q=85&c=sc&poi=face&w=2000&h=1047&url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io%2Fwp content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F12%2F2019%2F10%2Fallyson felix 2000

Olympian Allyson Felix Breaks Usain Bolt’s Record—10 Months After Emergency C-Section | Health.com <meta name="original-source" content="This Story Originally Appeared On People “>

this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.

Powered by: Health

Continue Reading

Main News

Paris faces new coronavirus restrictions

Published

on

By

paris faces new coronavirus restrictions

France is set to announce tougher lockdown measures in Paris today, including a ban on gathering of ten or more people to tackle a rise in coronavirus cases. 

The sale and consumption of alcohol in public places after 8pm is also expected to be banned by city officials, who could also reduce the maximum number of people at mass gatherings from 6,000 to 1,000 people.

The new rules mark a major step backwards for the French capital, but are more relaxed than those brought in by this week by the UK – which has banned gatherings larger than six across the country, and ordered all pubs to close by 10pm.

Paris is set to be hit with new lockdown measures today that will ban gatherings of more than 10 people, along with alcohol consumption in public places after 8pm

Paris is set to be hit with new lockdown measures today that will ban gatherings of more than 10 people, along with alcohol consumption in public places after 8pm

France, Spain and the UK are all seeing spiking Covid cases - but only the UK has imposed new national measures, while France and Spain have used more-relaxed local lockdowns

France, Spain and the UK are all seeing spiking Covid cases – but only the UK has imposed new national measures, while France and Spain have used more-relaxed local lockdowns

That is despite France having more than double the UK’s daily coronavirus cases, based on a seven-day rolling average.

France, Spain and the UK are bearing the brunt of a second wave of coronavirus cases in Europe, which comes after countries across the continent eased lockdown.

Until this week, all three countries had been dealing with problem using local lockdowns, targeted at areas where cases were rising fastest.

But on Tuesday the UK suddenly broke ranks with a raft of new nationwide measures, which Prime Minister Boris Johnson said will last for the next six months.

In addition to cutting the size of gatherings and closing pubs early, he also urged workers to return to working from home – despite an earlier drive to get people back into offices – and banned indoor team sports.

He also increased fines for rule-breakers, and made the army available to help police enforce the measures.

That is not the case in Spain or France, where both countries have resisted imposing new nation-wide measures on focused on local lockdowns.

Parts of Madrid have been plunged back into full lockdown as coroanvirus cases in Spain have soared, but most of the city is still allowed to move around freely

Parts of Madrid have been plunged back into full lockdown as coroanvirus cases in Spain have soared, but most of the city is still allowed to move around freely

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson insisted the new nationwide measures will need to remain in in place for the next six months to keep infections down over winter

UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson insisted the new nationwide measures will need to remain in in place for the next six months to keep infections down over winter 

In Spain, parts of Madrid with rapidly rising infections have been thrown back into full lockdown, with authorities calling on the army to help enforce the rules.

The remaining 6.6million residents have been encouraged to say indoors, though are not required to do so – yet. New measures are due to be announced next week.

Meanwhile Catalonia, where Barcelona is located, has also announced bans on gatherings larger than six people.

Spain saw 11,300 new cases of coroanvirus on Tuesday this week, based on a rolling seven-day average. 

In France, the cities of Lyon, Marseille, Bordeaux, and Nice have all already been hit with tougher new lockdown measures, though country-wide restrictions have remained the same.

Measures include no drinking in public places after 8pm, all bars to close by midnight, and the size of gatherings cut.

Masks are already compulsory across France in all indoor spaces, though many cities have made them compulsory outdoors as well.

France reported 10,155 new coronavirus cases on Tuesday, based on a seven-day rolling average. The figure for the UK was 3,928.

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Main News

Prince William and Kate Middleton appoint Zeinab Badawi as Royal Foundation director

Published

on

By

prince william and kate middleton appoint zeinab badawi as royal foundation director

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have appointed BBC broadcaster Zeinab Badawi as a director for their Royal Foundation.

Prince William and Kate Middleton, both 38, selected the Sudanese-British broadcaster, 61, who is an Oxford University graduate and has spent years working for the BBC, to join the team heading up their organisation. 

Projects that Zeinab will likely oversee include the couple’s Royal Foundation Covid-19 Response Fund, which was launched in July 2020 and helps a range of projects, from ensuring all emergency workers have access to individual grief trauma from Hospice UK, to helping early years charity Best Beginnings support an extra 20,000 new mothers.   

According to the Court Circular, the presenter met with the Duchess yesterday at Kensington Palace, with royal reporter Rebecca English confirming news of the appointment on Twitter this afternoon.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, both 38, have appointed BBC broadcaster Zeinab Badawi as a director of their Royal Foundation

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, both 38, have appointed BBC broadcaster Zeinab Badawi as a director of their Royal Foundation

She studied Philosophy, Politics and Economics at Oxford University and obtained a Masters Degree (with distinction) in Middle East History and Anthropology from SOAS 

She has also been named several times in Powerlist as one of Britain’s top 100 most influential members of the black community and has been named as one of the Top 50 Most Influential Members of the African Diaspora.

The broadcaster is a trustee of BBC Media Action (the charitable broadcasting company’s charity), as well as the Chair of the Royal African Society, of which the Duke of Cambridge is patron.

She was the first presenter of the ITV Morning News, and co-presented Channel 4 News with Jon Snow from 1989 to 1998, before joining BBC News. 

The Sudanese-British broadcaster, who is an Oxford University graduate and has spent years working for the BBC, has been chosen by the royals to join the team heading up their organisation

The Sudanese-British broadcaster, who is an Oxford University graduate and has spent years working for the BBC, has been chosen by the royals to join the team heading up their organisation

The news comes as it emerged Simon Case, who was Prince William’s private secretary, has resigned as a trustee of the foundation. 

Simon spent almost two years working as Prince William’s right-hand man before temporarily moving to Downing Street earlier this year to assist with the coronavirus response. 

Earlier this month he was confirmed as the youngest head of the civil service in living memory. 

It comes as news emerged that Simon Case, who was Prince William's private secretary, has resigned as a trustee of the foundation

It comes as news emerged that Simon Case, who was Prince William’s private secretary, has resigned as a trustee of the foundation

The appointment of the 41-year-old, who officially started on September 9 and said he was ‘honoured’, represented the latest stage in the Government’s dramatic shake-up of Whitehall. 

Last July the Cambridges announced their former communications secretary Jason Knauf would become the chief executive of the organisation, when Lorraine Heggessey stood down in the autumn. 

The Royal Foundation became the ‘principle charitable vehicle for The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge’ from October 1, after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex broke away from the foundation last year.  

The Royal Foundation was set up by William and Harry in 2009 to run all their charitable campaigns and ventures, with Kate joining in 2011 and Meghan joining in 2018, before she and Prince Harry split last year

The Royal Foundation was set up by William and Harry in 2009 to run all their charitable campaigns and ventures, with Kate joining in 2011 and Meghan joining in 2018, before she and Prince Harry split last year 

The Foundation had an income of £7.83million in 2018, on top of £9million in 2017.

The Royal Foundation was set up by William and Harry in 2009 to run all their charitable campaigns and ventures, and joined by Kate when she became Duchess of Cambridge in 2011.

The Foundation focuses on issues such as helping young people, wildlife conservation, cyberbullying and supporting the military. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.