Connect with us

Sports

1pm Man Utd news LIVE: Jadon Sancho ‘agrees five-year deal’, Adama Traore £50m transfer interest, Grealish update

Published

on

1pm man utd news live jadon sancho agrees five year deal adama traore 50m transfer interest grealish update
sancho traore

MANCHESTER UNITED continued their excellent recent form with a 5-2 hammering of Bournemouth at Old Trafford.

And Jadon Sancho has reportedly agreed a five-year deal with the Red Devils and could hand in a transfer request to push the move from Dortmund through.

Follow ALL of the latest United news here…

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Pavlyuchenkova joins Nadal and Bart in pulling out of the US Open due to coronavirus concerns

Published

on

By

pavlyuchenkova joins nadal and bart in pulling out of the us open due to coronavirus concerns

Russia‘s Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova said on Wednesday that she will not travel to New York to take part in the US Open later this month as organisers could not guarantee her health and safety amid the COVID-19 pandemic.

The US Open is set to be played from August 31 to September 12 even as the country leads the world with over 4.7million confirmed COVID-19 cases and more than 157,000 deaths, according to a Reuters.

Pavlyuchenkova, 29, joins the likes of men’s defending champion Rafa Nadal and women’s world number one Ash Barty who pulled out of the Grand Slam out of fear of contracting the novel coronavirus during their stay in the country.

31601168 0 image a 4 1596643301903

31601168 0 image a 4 1596643301903

Russia’s Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova announced on Instagram she will not travel to New York

31600960 0 image a 2 1596643012168

31600960 0 image a 2 1596643012168

‘I’ve been thinking a lot and decided not to play (the) U.S. Open this year,’ Pavlyuchenkova, ranked 30 in the world, said on Instagram.

‘It wasn’t easy because I hadn’t missed any Grand Slam in my entire career. Tennis is almost everything for me.

‘The main reason is insecurity, (the) U.S. Open doesn’t provide any guarantees. I don’t feel comfortable to travel to USA in such circumstances.

‘From this moment, every player is on his own. My team and I have decided it would be for the best not to participate.’

Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the US Open, citing concerns around the coronavirus pandemic

Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the US Open, citing concerns around the coronavirus pandemic

Rafael Nadal has pulled out of the US Open, citing concerns around the coronavirus pandemic

The Spaniard won the competition last year but said the health situation was 'still complicated'

The Spaniard won the competition last year but said the health situation was 'still complicated'

The Spaniard won the competition last year but said the health situation was ‘still complicated’

Although Barty has pulled out, nine of the women’s top 10 were named in the women’s field while world number one Novak Djokovic headlines the men’s field after organisers released the entry list on Tuesday.

While the men’s ATP Tour is yet to resume since it was suspended in March, the women’s WTA Tour returned this week with a tournament at Palermo where strict guidelines are in place to curb the spread of the virus.

Players are also scheduled to play at the Aug. 20-28 Western & Southern Open in New York, which serves as a warm-up event for the U.S. Open. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Sports

Aberdeen given go ahead to play Hamilton and St Johnstone fixtures despite new coronavirus lockdown

Published

on

By

aberdeen given go ahead to play hamilton and st johnstone fixtures despite new coronavirus lockdown

Aberdeen’s clash at St Johnstone on Saturday is set to go ahead as planned despite the Granite City being thrust back into lockdown.

A fresh cluster of 54 coronavirus cases has forced First Minister Nicola Sturgeon into ordering a fresh round of restrictions on Aberdeen.

That sparked fears that the new Scottish Premiership season could be thrown into chaos just two weeks in.

Aberdeen have been given go ahead to play Hamilton and St Johnstone fixtures this week

Aberdeen have been given go ahead to play Hamilton and St Johnstone fixtures this week

Aberdeen have been given go ahead to play Hamilton and St Johnstone fixtures this week

But Scottish football’s Joint Response Group has no immediate concerns over the situation, with Hampden bosses currently happy for the Dons’ trip to Perth to go ahead.

Premiership clubs have been given an exemption which has allowed them to resume training and playing matches.

Under the terms of that exemption, players and team staff members are operating in a bubble and must undergo twice weekly testing to ensure any fresh outbreaks are swiftly caught and traced.

The latest round of results, released by the JRG on Tuesday, saw 1274 tests carried out across the 12 Premiership clubs plus Hearts and Glasgow City – with no positive results recorded.

Derek McInnes' team will make the 148-mile round trip to St Johnstone on Saturday

Derek McInnes' team will make the 148-mile round trip to St Johnstone on Saturday

Derek McInnes’ team will make the 148-mile round trip to St Johnstone on Saturday

The new measures introduced by the First Minister saw pubs and clubs in Aberdeen ordered to to shut as of 5pm on Wednesday, while residents also been warned against travelling more than five miles.

But Derek McInnes’ team will be given the green light to make the 148-mile round trip between Pittodrie and McDiarmid Park.

McInnes is hoping to see his team get back on track against Saints after kicking off the new campaign with a 1-0 defeat to Rangers at home on Saturday.

Aberdeen are also in action on Wednesday when they host Hamilton and, as things stand, that game is also unaffected.

While the Reds will carry on with their preparations, their women’s side has announced it is postponing training sessions.

The SWPL2 outfit – who do not start their season until October – tweeted: “Given today’s announcement by the First Minister relating to Aberdeen & some enforced lockdown restrictions, we feel as a club it would be best to postpone ALL training for the remainder of this week and next. We will keep you updated accordingly.”

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Sports

Inter vs Getafe LIVE: Stream free, TV channel, score, teams – Europa League round of 16 latest updates

Published

on

By

inter vs getafe live stream free tv channel score teams europa league round of 16 latest updates
OFF PLATFORM INTER VS GETAFE

INTER are taking on Getafe as they aim to show why they’re one of the favourites to win the Europa League.

But they’re unlikely to have it all their own way against a team who stunned Ajax to progress 3-2 on aggregate with a display so stubborn Jose Mourinho would have been proud.

This tie will be decided over one leg in neutral Germany tonight after the first leg was cancelled due to the coronavirus outbreak in Italy.

  • Inter vs Getafe is live on BT Sport 2.
  • Coverage will commence at 7.45pm – 15 minutes before kick-off.
  • To stream the game live, head to the BT Sport website or app.
  • EE customers can get a FREE three-month BT Sport app trial by texting SPORT to 150. You can then cancel at any time.
  • Inter XI: Handanovic; Godin, De Vrij, Bastoni; D’Ambrosio, Barella, Brozovic, Gagliardini, Young; R Lukaku, Lautaro Martinez
  • Getafe XI: Soria; Olivera, Etxeita, Djené, Suarez; Cucurella, Timor, Arambarri, Maksimovic, Nyom; Mata

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.