Connect with us

Sports

Arsenal dealt transfer blow after Lyon star Houssem Aouar claims he is STAYING at the French side

Published

on

arsenal dealt transfer blow after lyon star houssem aouar claims he is staying at the french side

Arsenal‘s pursuit for Houssem Aouar looks set to end in failure during this transfer window after the midfielder committed his immediate future to Lyon.

The French star has been linked with a move to the Emirates Stadium throughout this summer but appeared to confirm on Sunday that he is going nowhere on deadline day.

On Sunday he scored Lyon’s equaliser against Marseille in a 1-1 Ligue Un draw, and put in a man of the match performance in the process.

Houssem Aouar appears to have ruled himself out of a deadline day move to Arsenal from Lyon

Houssem Aouar appears to have ruled himself out of a deadline day move to Arsenal from Lyon

Houssem Aouar appears to have ruled himself out of a deadline day move to Arsenal from Lyon

The midfielder played a starring role for the French club on Sunday night, scoring their equaliser in a 1-1 draw with Marseille before committing his future to Lyon

The midfielder played a starring role for the French club on Sunday night, scoring their equaliser in a 1-1 draw with Marseille before committing his future to Lyon

The midfielder played a starring role for the French club on Sunday night, scoring their equaliser in a 1-1 draw with Marseille before committing his future to Lyon

After the game the 22-year-old took the opportunity to distance himself from a possible exit of last season’s Champions League semi-finalists.

‘I felt that I could still bring things to this team and the club, the club that raised me, ‘Quite simply,’ he told Telefoot La Chaine.

Arsenal’s hopes of securing a deal looked remote heading into the weekend regardless after Lyon’s president Jean-Michel Aulas claimed that none of his side’s key stars would be leaving the club due to issues trying to find a replacement in such a short space of time.

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta had been hoping to land the French midfielder this summer

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta had been hoping to land the French midfielder this summer

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta had been hoping to land the French midfielder this summer

The Gunners had struggled in matching Lyon’s £50million valuation of the France Under 21 star who was influential in guiding the club to the last four of the Champions League.

Despite the set-back of failing to land Aouar, Mikel Arteta’s side could still have a bust deadline day.

They have enquired about Hertha Berlin 18-year-old defender Omar Rekik, while out of favour midfielder Matteo Guendouzi is set to join the German side on loan.

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

UFC 254 LIVE REACTION: Khabib RETIRES, McGregor responds, champ ‘had suffered BROKEN foot and toes’ just WEEKS ago

Published

on

By

ufc 254 live reaction khabib retires mcgregor responds champ had suffered broken foot and toes just weeks ago
OFF PLATFORM KHABIB 4

‘NUMBERS DON’T LIE’

Jon Jones has rejected Khabib Nurmagomedov’s claim he is the best pound-for-pound fighter.

The UFC lightweight champion stretched his unbeaten record as a pro to 29-0 in MMA on Saturday night with victory over Justin Gaethje.

Many felt it was ‘The Eagle’s’ biggest test yet as he took on the American at UFC 254 on Fight Island.

But the Dagestani fighter left everyone in no doubt who the top dog was as he needed less than ten minutes to see off the man dubbed ‘The Highlight’.

Khabib, 32, shocked everybody afterwards by announcing his retirement from MMA.

That is despite him being linked with mega-money matches against old foe Conor McGregor or his hero Georges St. Pierre.

Inside the octagon after his latest win, he said: “There is only one thing I want from UFC, to put me as No.1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world because I deserve it

However, the current P4P king Jones quickly refuted Khabib’s request.

Writing on Twitter, he wrote: “Until I take that heavily crown, I grant you the spot. Enjoy Champ.”

He then tweeted: “15 world titles, numbers don’t lie.”

‘Bones’ then wrote: “I want to congratulate Khabib for an outstanding career.

“I know he made his father along with millions of fans around the world incredibly proud today.

“May God continue to bless him on his journey.”

The American then added: “Definitely a powerful moment, but my logic is definitely not clouded.”

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Sports

UFC 254 REACTION LIVE: Khabib RETIRES, McGregor messages, champ ‘had suffered BROKEN foot and toes’ just weeks ago

Published

on

By

ufc 254 reaction live khabib retires mcgregor messages champ had suffered broken foot and toes just weeks ago
OFF PLATFORM KHABIB 4

‘NUMBERS DON’T LIE’

Jon Jones has rejected Khabib Nurmagomedov’s claim he is the best pound-for-pound fighter.

The UFC lightweight champion stretched his unbeaten record as a pro to 29-0 in MMA on Saturday night with victory over Justin Gaethje.

Many felt it was ‘The Eagle’s’ biggest test yet as he took on the American at UFC 254 on Fight Island.

But the Dagestani fighter left everyone in no doubt who the top dog was as he needed less than ten minutes to see off the man dubbed ‘The Highlight’.

Khabib, 32, shocked everybody afterwards by announcing his retirement from MMA.

That is despite him being linked with mega-money matches against old foe Conor McGregor or his hero Georges St. Pierre.

Inside the octagon after his latest win, he said: “There is only one thing I want from UFC, to put me as No.1 pound-for-pound fighter in the world because I deserve it

However, the current P4P king Jones quickly refuted Khabib’s request.

Writing on Twitter, he wrote: “Until I take that heavily crown, I grant you the spot. Enjoy Champ.”

He then tweeted: “15 world titles, numbers don’t lie.”

‘Bones’ then wrote: “I want to congratulate Khabib for an outstanding career.

“I know he made his father along with millions of fans around the world incredibly proud today.

“May God continue to bless him on his journey.”

The American then added: “Definitely a powerful moment, but my logic is definitely not clouded.”

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Sports

Who is Khabib Nurmagomedov’s wife, how many children does UFC star have with her, and where do couple live?

Published

on

By

who is khabib nurmagomedovs wife how many children does ufc star have with her and where do couple live

KHABIB NURMAGOMEDOV defended his UFC title at UFC 254, and has now retired as one of the greatest fighters to ever grace the Octagon.

After his famous victory over Conor McGregor, Khabib become a household name – but who is his wife and what do we know about her?

 Khabib married his wife in 2013, but she has kept out of the public eye - this is him with Russian TV presenter Olga Buzova

2

Khabib married his wife in 2013, but she has kept out of the public eye – this is him with Russian TV presenter Olga Buzova

What is the name of Khabib Nurmagomedov’s wife?

The 32-year-old married his better half in June 2013, celebrating their fifth anniversary earlier this year.

But out of respect for his family, her name has never been revealed to the general public.

Khabib has kept his private life private, with his Instagram page having zero pictures of his wife or children.

 Khabib and his wife married in a traditional wedding

2

Khabib and his wife married in a traditional wedding

How many children do they have?

The couple have two children, first welcoming a baby girl on June 1, 2015.

Two years later, Khabib’s wife gave birth to a boy on December 30, 2017.

While it is unknown to the public as to the name of their daughter, it has previously been revealed they called their son Mohammed.

Where do they live?

The Nurmagomedov family reside in Makhachkala in the Republic of Dagestan.

The capital city has suffered trouble following the Second Chechen War that ended in 2009.

In sporting terms, it is more known for its main football club, Anzhi Makhachkala, who signed current Arsenal star Willian and Barcelona legend Samuel Eto’o under the ownership of oligarch Suleyman Kerimov seven years ago.

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.