Connect with us

Sports

Aston Villa look to offer Jack Grealish ‘new £100,000-a-week deal’ amid Man United interest

Published

on

aston villa look to offer jack grealish new 100000 a week deal amid man united interest

Aston Villa are planning on offering captain Jack Grealish a new £100,000-a-week contract to stop him joining Manchester United, according to reports. 

The 24-year-old midfielder scored the crucial goal to keep his boyhood club in the Premier League on the final day of the season during their 1-1 draw at West Ham

Grealish has endured a successful campaign for Dean Smith’s side in Villa’s first season back in the top-flight, with the Red Devils looking to add to the squad that reached finished in the top-four this term.

Aston Villa are set to offer Jack Grealish a new £100,000-a-week contract for next season

Aston Villa are set to offer Jack Grealish a new £100,000-a-week contract for next season

Aston Villa are set to offer Jack Grealish a new £100,000-a-week contract for next season

Villa owners Nassef Sawiris (right) and Wes Edens (left) desperately want Grealish to stay

Villa owners Nassef Sawiris (right) and Wes Edens (left) desperately want Grealish to stay

Villa owners Nassef Sawiris (right) and Wes Edens (left) desperately want Grealish to stay

But according to the Sun, the midfielder could be convinced to stay by Villa’s lucrative new contract offer, which is a significantly better deal than his current £70,000-a-week agreement. 

The report says Midlands club owners Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens do not want to let their star captain leave Villa under any circumstances and are hope that this bonus will be enough to keep Grealish where he is. 

Sawiris and Edens are reportedly also prepared to inject £100million into the club to bring in three or four quality additions ahead of Villa’s second season in the top-flight. 

Grealish enjoyed a fine Premier League season and Manchester United could move for him

Grealish enjoyed a fine Premier League season and Manchester United could move for him

Grealish enjoyed a fine Premier League season and Manchester United could move for him

Grealish (right) scored the pivotal goal that kept Villa in the top-flight on the final day

Grealish (right) scored the pivotal goal that kept Villa in the top-flight on the final day

Grealish (right) scored the pivotal goal that kept Villa in the top-flight on the final day

The Sun say that among the list of targets is Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard, Brentford midfielder Said Benrahma and young Exeter City teenager Ben Chrisene.

But keeping Grealish at the club is one of the top priorities for Smith, the club’s owners and the Villa supporters.

The midfielder has been on the club’s books since he was six-years-old and broke into the first-team as a teenager in 2012.

Since then, Grealish has represented his boyhood club 186 times and scored 25 goals.

During the 2019-20 season, Grealish scored eight Premier League goals and added six assists to his goal contributions total, which was enough to keep Villa in England’s top division. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

World Cup winner Rose Lavelle set for Man City debut in FA Cup tie against Arsenal, hints Gareth Taylor

Published

on

By

world cup winner rose lavelle set for man city debut in fa cup tie against arsenal hints gareth taylor

GARETH TAYLOR teased the prospect of World Cup winner Rose Lavelle making her debut for Manchester City in their Women’s FA Cup clash against Arsenal.

Taylor’s players face the Gunners on Thursday in the semis of a contest delayed from last term because of the Covid-19 pandemic.

Rose Lavelle could be set to make her debut for Manchester City on Thursday evening

2

Rose Lavelle could be set to make her debut for Manchester City on Thursday evening Credit: Kenny Ramsay – The Sun Glasgow

His team, which includes Lavelle, 25, and her US teammate Sam Mewis among their new signings, are vying for a place in the final of a competition they have won twice.

And the City boss reckons the USA playmaker, who helped knock the Lionesses out of the World Cup last year, is “keen” to make her mark.

Taylor, 47, said: “Rose has been training hard. What we’re trying to do with her is just make sure that when she is introduced –  which is hopefully over the next couple of games, that she’s ready –  because she is quite slight in stature and she had an issue when she first came to us with a slight injury.

“She has been really keen to get back in and start joining in the matches.

“It’s just been a case of keeping the reins on her slightly, just before we let her go and do her thing so, hopefully, we start to see that and, again, it gives us another option, which is great.

Taylor’s players, who defeated a high-energy Leicester City in the quarter-finals, will host Joe Montemurro’s Arsenal at the Academy Stadium.

The North London side, who lost to Chelsea in the finals in 2018, have won the cup on 14 occasions.

And the Gunners boss, whose line-up is likely to include Lisa Evans, the hat-trick hero from their win against Tottenham, says his team will take a “do or die” approach.

Lavelle (right) and her USA team-mate Alex Morgan are among several NWSL stars who joined Women's Super League clubs this term

2

Lavelle (right) and her USA team-mate Alex Morgan are among several NWSL stars who joined Women’s Super League clubs this term Credit: Reuters

Montemurro, 51, said: “There needs to be a level of patience also tomorrow, because they are a very good ball playing side, and we just need to be smart in terms of picking our times and our ability to win the ball back.

“But it’s a do or die and there are moments in the game that we need to make sure we’re prepared for and don’t let ourselves down.”

“The team that get into their rhythm as quick as possible and is able to control and dictate is going to be very very important because we are similar footballing sides.”

Man City complete £64m Ruben Dias transfer

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Sports

Douglas Costa snubs Wolves transfer in hope of securing lucrative Man Utd move from Juventus

Published

on

By

douglas costa snubs wolves transfer in hope of securing lucrative man utd move from juventus scaled

DOUGLAS COSTA has reportedly snubbed a move to Wolves as he hopes to secure a move to a bigger club such as Manchester United.

Costa, 30, is not interested in leaving Juventus unless it’s to a club of similar stature, according to corrieredellosport.

Wolves were interested in Costa but he turned them down

1

Wolves were interested in Costa but he turned them downCredit: Getty Images – Getty

United are said to be long-time admirers of Costa and would be interested in bringing him to Old Trafford.

He is seen as an alternative to their no.1 target Jadon Sancho, and they will consider making a move if that deal falls through.

Wolves were hoping to bring Costa to the Molineux this summer and super agent Jorge Mendes was tasked with making the move happen.

Mendes and Wolves have done lots of business over the years and he has helped them secure the likes of Joao Moutinho, Ruben Neves, Rui Patricio and record-signing Fabio Silva.

Wolves are on the hunt for a new winger after selling Diogo Jota to Liverpool in a £45m transfer.

Juve are keen to off-load Costa who is considered surplus to requirements at the club.

The Serie A champions have become increasingly frustrated at the Brazilian’s injury woes.

He missed 21 games through injury last season and ended the campaign with a tear in his abductor muscle.

Costa’s injury issues got so bad that the winger had even considered retirement.

In an interview with The Player’s Tribune he said: “There are times when I think, can I still play?

“That’s because I go out on the pitch and get injured again.”

Man Utd transfer target Douglas Costa in shock Alvaro Morata transfer swap talks between Atletico Madrid and Juventus

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Sports

Mike Tyson, 54, has such explosive punching power he could win belts from Anthony Joshua and Tyson Fury, says Jones Jr

Published

on

By

mike tyson 54 has such explosive punching power he could win belts from anthony joshua and tyson fury says jones jr

ROY JONES JR believes Mike Tyson could become heavyweight champion again and beat Deontay Wilder, Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua.

Despite now being 54, the American says Iron Mike’s “explosive punching power” alone  could propel him back to the top.

Mike Tyson's next opponent believes he could still cause problems to the heavyweight division

4

Mike Tyson’s next opponent believes he could still cause problems to the heavyweight division

Jones Jr is coming out of retirement to face Tyson in an exhibition match on November 28.

He insists if his opponent can ‘take care of himself well for a six month period’ he would do well against the heavyweights of today.

And he has every confidence the Baddest Man on the Planet could ‘get to their chin’ and get the win inside three rounds.

Jones Jr told Fight Hub TV: “He [Tyson] has one thing that most of them don’t have except Deontay Wilder which is tremendous punching power.

How the two legends compare

4

How the two legends compare

“When you got tremendous punching power what Mike got, he got a chance.

“Because he can end most of the fights in under three rounds.

“Most of these guys, all you got to do is get to their chin and he got them, because he has that much explosiveness in his punch.

“Yeah I believe if he got in shape, took care of himself for a six month period, he would definitely cause a problem in the heavyweight division, right now again.”

tyson 1

Tyson has been sending fans wild with his training clips ahead of his return to the ring.

And his body transformation has also left many in awe prior to the comeback.

Despite Fury and Joshua being in the prime of their careers and being the current king of the division, Jones Jr is adamant Tyson would do more than just compete against them.

He added: “I think he could do well against them two without a doubt, with just his explosive punching power, that’s it.”

Tyson Fury is the current WBC Title holder

4

Tyson Fury is the current WBC Title holderCredit: Rex Features
Anthony Joshua holds the rest of the heavyweight titles

4

Anthony Joshua holds the rest of the heavyweight titlesCredit: Getty
TM graphic Mike v3
Mike Tyson claims he bribed a police officer with new Bentley following row with wife outside a Burger King over condoms

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.