Connect with us

Sports

Bayern Munich chief says club will sell Liverpool target Thiago for ‘fair’ price

Published

on

bayern munich chief says club will sell liverpool target thiago for fair price

Bayern Munich chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has this week admitted he is willing to work with clubs who make a ‘fair’ offer for midfielder Thiago Alcantara.

The CEO of the German giants has finally spoken out on the speculation swirling around the Spanish playmaker, who has been heavily linked with Jurgen Klopp‘s Liverpool.

Former Barcelona star Thiago, 29, has just one year remaining on his Bayern deal and has told the club he wishes to move on this summer.

Bayern Munich are ready to sell midfielder Thiago but only for what they deem a 'fair' fee

Bayern Munich are ready to sell midfielder Thiago but only for what they deem a 'fair' fee

Bayern Munich are ready to sell midfielder Thiago but only for what they deem a ‘fair’ fee

Speaking this week to German publication Bild, Rummenigge said: ‘Regarding Thiago, it’s known that he told us he wanted to do something new. 

‘If a club approaches us that is willing to pay a fair transfer fee, we will work on it’

Liverpool have not yet made any formal offer to Bayern for Thiago, and it is understood the two clubs are some way apart in their valuation.

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge admitted Thiago has asked to move on from Germany

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge admitted Thiago has asked to move on from Germany

Bayern CEO Karl-Heinz Rummenigge admitted Thiago has asked to move on from Germany

Bayern are looking to bank over £30million for the player who they signed from the Nou Camp for £21.6m in the summer of 2013.

Liverpool boss Klopp is known to be a long-term admirer of Thiago, previously referring to him as one of the league’s ‘great’ players during his time in the Bundesliga.

The player himself has held ambitions to play in the Premier League, and is said to be hopeful a move to Anfield can be completed

As previously reported, Liverpool are only looking to pay over the £20m mark to make a possible deal happen, with the player turning 30 in April next year and entering the twilight of his career.

Jurgen Klopp is a known admirer of Thiago and is said to be keen on a move if possible

Jurgen Klopp is a known admirer of Thiago and is said to be keen on a move if possible

Jurgen Klopp is a known admirer of Thiago and is said to be keen on a move if possible

Reports across Germany state Klopp is keen to add Thiago to his midfield ranks at Anfield and has made this opinion known internally, though will continue to act within budget throughout the summer transfer window.

The Reds have seen their spending finances badly hampered by the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, and had to pull out of a move for German striker Timo Werner as a result.

Liverpool could not justify a huge outlay on a player who would initially be brought in as a rotational back-up to their deadly front three of Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane. Werner instead signed for Chelsea in a £53m deal.

Liverpool have already been active in the market, signing Kostas Tsimikas from Olympiacos

Liverpool have already been active in the market, signing Kostas Tsimikas from Olympiacos

Liverpool have already been active in the market, signing Kostas Tsimikas from Olympiacos 

Klopp has been active in the transfer market already however, after Liverpool announced the signing of Greece international Kostas Tsimikas on Monday afternoon for a fee of £11.75m. 

The Reds are still in the market for more defensive cover, following the departure of Dejan Lovren to Zenit St Petersburg.

Brighton youngster Ben White, who spent last season on loan with Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds United, is among a list of targets. 

In the coming weeks the club will also listen to offers for winger Harry Wilson and forward Xherdan Shaqiri. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Lewis Hamilton accuses F1 chiefs of deliberately tinkering with rules to make races interesting amid Mercedes dominance

Published

on

By

lewis hamilton accuses f1 chiefs of deliberately tinkering with rules to make races interesting amid mercedes dominance

LEWIS HAMILTON has accused F1’s governing body, the FIA, of tinkering with the rules deliberately to keep the sport interesting.

Hamilton has dominated this season, with six wins, eight pole positions and eight podiums in just 10 races.

Hamilton feels he is being hard-done by F1

3

Hamilton feels he is being hard-done by F1Credit: EPA

His impressive run has put him 44-points ahead of his rivals in the championship.

But after being heavily penalised in the Italian and Russian GPs with 10-second time penalties, plus the FIA’s decision to ban engine qualifying modes to limit his Mercedes’ power, Hamilton says they are interfering too much.

When asked by SunSport if he felt he was being targeted, Hamilton said: “I don’t necessarily think that it’s for me. 

“I think probably most teams, whenever a team is at the front, obviously they are doing a lot of scrutiny.

“Everything we have on our car is being checked, and double-checked and triple-checked.

“They are changing rules, such as the engine regs, lots of lots of things to get in the way to keep the racing exciting, I assume.

“I don’t know if the rules, in terms of what happened [in Russia], was anything to do with it but naturally that’s how it feels.

“It feels like we’re fighting uphill, but it’s OK. It’s not like I haven’t faced adversity before.

“So we just keep our heads down and keep fighting and keep trying to do a better job and be cleaner and squeaky clean.”

 The ten greatest F1 drivers of all-time - according to SunSport's motorsport correspondent Ben Hunt
The ten greatest F1 drivers of all-time – according to SunSport’s motorsport correspondent Ben Hunt

The 10 second combined time penalties in Sochi stopped Hamilton from equalling Michael Schumacher’s record of 91 wins in F1.

However, Hamilton later had the two penalty points expunged from his licence, moving him further away from picking up a one-race ban.

The penalty in Russia related to his practice starts on the way to the grid, where his Mercedes team gave him the green light to do so.

However, Merc’s trackside engineering director, Andrew Shovlin, said he feared the FIA would punish Hamilton after admitting they did not realise just how far up the pitlane Hamilton had travelled to practice his starts.

Instead of the penalty points being applied to Hamilton’s licence, Merc were hit with a £23,000 fine.

Speaking after the race, Shovlin said: “Lewis asked if he could go a bit further, we hadn’t realised quite how far he was going to go.

“We didn’t see the first one. When we saw the second one we thought ‘they’re not going to like that’.

“We didn’t think it was dangerous and, given that the event notes said that it was on the right-hand side after the pit exit, we thought it might have been ambiguous enough that we would have just got a telling-off.

Hamilton had been close to equalling Shumacher's record

3

Hamilton had been close to equalling Shumacher’s recordCredit: AFP
f1
Hamilton has been vocal in his support of protest group Black Lives Matter

3

Hamilton has been vocal in his support of protest group Black Lives MatterCredit: Getty Images – Getty

“But when we saw the car position, it wasn’t a complete surprise that they didn’t like it.”

Meanwhile, the FIA’s Race Director, Michael Masi says he is open for a discussion with Hamilton if the world champion senses there is an issue.

He said: “From my perspective it’s very simple that if Lewis wants to raise something, as I have said to him before, and said to all the drivers, numerous times the door is always open.

“I’m more than happy to discuss anything but I think from an FIA perspective, we are there as a sporting regulator, to administer the regulations.

“We have the stewards as an independent judiciary to adjudicate those, and therefore there was an infringement and it doesn’t matter if it was Lewis or any other one of the 19 drivers.

“If a breach has occurred of the regulations, they will consider it on its merits, adjudicate it equitably and fairly in the circumstances taking all the key elements into account.”

Lewis Hamilton wears t-shirt demanding justice for Breonna Taylor on the podium after winning the Tuscan F1 GP

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Sports

Bournemouth trying to hijack Rodrigo Riquelme transfer from Atletico Madrid to Reading as David Brooks replacement

Published

on

By

bournemouth trying to hijack rodrigo riquelme transfer from atletico madrid to reading as david brooks replacement scaled

Bournemouth are trying to hijack Spanish winger Rodrigo Riquelme’s move from Atletico Madrid to Reading.

The Cherries want tricky Riquelme to join them as a potential replacement for Welsh star David Brooks who is available at £50 million. 

The player impressed for Atletico's B side last season

1

The player impressed for Atletico’s B side last season Credit: Getty Images – Getty

Riquelme was due to join Reading where his agent has strong links, but now Bournemouth have come in and want to tie up the deal quickly.

Atletico want Riquelme to play after he starred for their B team last season. And Jason Tindall’s side could provide that chance if Brooks goes.

Brooks has been a target for Leicester while Manchester United are also keeping an eye on him in case they cannot land Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund. 

Bournemouth are looking to boost quality in the squad after having to let some big-hitters leave this summer following their relegation.

Nathan Ake was sold to Manchester City last month for a whopping £41million.

Senior players Callum Wilson and Ryan Fraser both went to Newcastle, with the latter going on a free.

Fraser refused to sign a new contract beyond June after the season had to be extended due to lockdown.

And he then rubbed salt in the wounds by suggesting he could have kept them up had he stayed.

Bournemouth have also lost the likes of Jordan Ibe and Harry Arter.

Long-serving players Charlie Daniels, Simon Francis and Andrew Surman were all released.

Newcastle complete Ryan Fraser free transfer as he joins old Bournemouth pal Callum Wilson through the door

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Sports

Liverpool star Mohamed Salah favourite for Premier League Golden Boot with Vardy odds SLASHED after goalscoring heroics

Published

on

By

liverpool star mohamed salah favourite for premier league golden boot with vardy odds slashed after goalscoring heroics

MO SALAH is favourite to win the Premier League Golden Boot – but Jamie Vardy’s odds have been slashed after his Manchester City heroics.

Leicester star Vardy took the award for most goals last season too when he came top of the pile with 23.

LB GRAPHIC GOLDEN BOOT odds 1

And the 33-year-old – a 16/1 shot with Ladbrokes to reclaim his crown before the season started – is now second favourite after his hat-trick against City.

Vardy, who called time on his international career more than two years ago, scored two penalties either side of a brilliant near-post finish to stun Pep Guardiola’s title chasers.

It means Vardy is already top of the list alongside Everton’s Dominic Calvert-Lewin on five goals from three games.

And the Foxes star is 5/1 to stay there until the end of the season, with Liverpool hero Salah, who has three goals from two games, a 4/1 shot.

Tottenham’s Son Heung-min, who bagged four against Southampton, occupies third spot on his own – but looks like he could be out for a while with a hamstring problem.

Leeds’ Patrick Bamford and Brighton’s Neal Maupay both have three goals from as many games but don’t feature on the list of likely Golden Boot winners.

Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is third favourite at 11/2.

There is then a big break before you get to Calvert-Lewin at 10/1.

Vardy is second favourite at 5/1 to win the Golden Boot again

1

Vardy is second favourite at 5/1 to win the Golden Boot againCredit: Mark Robinson – The Sun

Son’s Spurs team-mate Harry Kane – one goal so far this season – is a 10/1 shot to finish top.

Chelsea new boy Timo Werner – who is yet to score – is 12/1.

Southampton star Danny Ings has enjoyed a resurgence and is 16/1, the same as Man City’s Raheem Sterling and Liverpool ace Sadio Mane.

It is eye-opening that no Manchester United player currently makes the shortlist.

England forward Marcus Rashford has two goals from just three shots after three games.

While Bruno Fernandes, Mason Greenwood, Juan Mata and Donny van de Beek all have one each.

Jose Mourinho reveals how Tottenham were forced to move the goalposts ahead of their Europa League qualifying win over Shkendija

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.