Connect with us

Sports

Brit millionaire Joe Fournier puts down £2m bet he will beat YouTube star Jake Paul amid fight talks

Published

on

brit millionaire joe fournier puts down 2m bet he will beat youtube star jake paul amid fight talks scaled

BRITISH millionaire Joe Fournier has put up a £2million bet he would beat YouTuber Jake Paul following talks of a fight between the pair.

Paul, 1-0 in his pro career, is trained by ex-cruiserweight BJ Flores, a friend and former sparring partner for David Haye.

Joe Fournier has bet £2m he will beat YouTuber Jake Paul

2

Joe Fournier has bet £2m he will beat YouTuber Jake Paul Credit: Rex Features
Jake Paul won his pro debut in February beatin AnEsonGib

2

Jake Paul won his pro debut in February beatin AnEsonGib Credit: Getty Images – Getty

Haye has promoted Nightclub tycoon Fournier, 37, who has an unbeaten 8-0 record all by knockout.

And after telling Fournier that internet celebrity Paul reckons he can beat him, the businessman offered a wager to the American and Flores.

Haye told iFL TV: “Joe is in Mykonos now on a boat and he’s like, ‘This YouTuber thinks he can beat me?’

“He’s like, ‘Tell him I’ll bet him a million pounds. I’ll bet him a million and BJ a million, winner takes all’.

“He’s deadly serious. He said get me a escrow account and I’ll transfer the money now.

“I’m like, ‘Relax man, just enjoy Mykonos’. And he’s like, ‘No, seriously get me set up and I’ll fight’.”

Fournier turned pro in 2015 after competing in White Collar fights, but he has not boxed since 2016 having been hit with an 18-month doping ban in 2017.

Paul beat social media rival AnEsonGib in Feburary and faces former NBA star Nate Robinson next month on Mike Tyson’s undercard.

Fournier – who once dated Paris Hilton – is ready to cut short his vacation and prepare to fight Paul.

Haye said: “He literally FaceTime’d me earlier and said, ‘Make it happen. Tell me where to transfer the money.

“He lives in Mykonos now, he’s drinking every night I don’t know why he wants to do this, he’s that confident.

“He’s like, ‘I’ll drink every day, I don’t care’.”

Jake Paul rushed to hospital after Ryan Garcia decks YouTuber in ‘Body Shot Challenge’… but was it all fake?

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Transfer news LIVE: Dele Alli ‘PSG talks open’, Mbappe LATEST with Liverpool and Real Madrid interest, Suarez updates

Published

on

By

transfer news live dele alli psg talks open mbappe latest with liverpool and real madrid interest suarez updates

THE transfer window rolls on in spectacular fashion.

Dele Alli has ‘opened talks’ over a stunning loan move to PSG, while we have the latest on Luis Suarez’s switch away from the Nou Camp.

Sign up to play Dream Team 2020/21 now

  • It’s completely free to play
  • Play the tradtional Season game as well as Draft
  • There’s a £100k jackpot up for grabs across 2020/21
  • SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE

Follow all the latest transfer gossip and news below…

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Gary Moore on weather watch as stable star Goshen prepares to return to the track

Published

on

By

gary moore on weather watch as stable star goshen prepares to return to the track scaled

GARY Moore will be breaking out his best rain-dance moves in the coming days as stable star Goshen nears a return to action.

Last year’s star juvenile hurdler, who had the Triumph at his mercy before a final-flight error cost him the race, is entered in a pair of handicaps at Haydock on Saturday.

 Goshen could run at Haydock this weekend

1

Goshen could run at Haydock this weekendCredit: Getty Images – Getty

He has the option to run over 1m6f or 1m4f this weekend, though he will only take up his entry if ground conditions are suitable.

And Moore is desperate to get a run into the horse to set him up for an ambitious tilt at the Group 2 Long Distance Cup on Qipco British Champions Day.

Moore told Sun Racing: “He’s in great order, I’m very happy with him.

“I think Haydock are calling the ground ‘Good’ at the minute and I won’t run him unless it’s Good to Soft. There is a bit of rain around and we could do with some over the next couple of days.

“If we can get the run into him at Haydock we will take it from there, but we have entered him in the Long Distance Cup at Ascot.

“We will need to get a run into him but it is something that’s under consideration, you can normally guarantee Soft ground on Champions Day.

“I might be dreaming, I don’t know, but I think he is up to that sort level on the Flat. I’d like to think he is getting better but time will tell.

“I thought the Cup races weren’t a strong standard when you take Stradivarius out of it, and obviously he will be going to the Arc.

Don’t miss the best of Sun Racing

“There is plenty of racing going on next month so I thought the race could be a good opportunity for him – but we need to get a run into him.”

If the weather Gods don’t play ball over the next few days, Moore will begin mapping out Goshen’s path to the Champion Hurdle.

But early season targets will again be dictated by underfoot conditions.

Moore explained: “We’ve got some hurdling targets in the back of our minds if the Flat plans don’t pan out.

“There is the Listed hurdle at Kempton on the same weekend as Champions Day, but I’ve been around a long time now and as long as I can remember the ground at that meeting is normally pretty quick.

“There is the Elite Hurdle in November but it can get pretty quick at Wincanton, too. He would be find on genuine autumn or winter Good ground, where the moisture has got in. We wouldn’t mind a wet autumn.

“I’m looking forward to seeing him run as much as everybody else, but it’s a long time until March I don’t want to chance him.”

SEE ALL FREE BETS HERE

Ruby Walsh gets emotional paying tribute to Pat Smullen after jockey’s death

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

The EFL, West Ham and Hull all defend the decision to go ahead with Carabao Cup clash

Published

on

By

the efl west ham and hull all defend the decision to go ahead with carabao cup clash

The EFL, West Ham and Hull City insist that all coronavirus protocols were satisfied ahead of their Carabao Cup clash on Tuesday night – despite Hammers boss David Moyes and two players testing positive before the game. 

Issa Diop and Josh Cullen had both been named by Moyes in the starting line up ahead of their 5-1 victory, before they were told at 6.20pm of their positive tests. 

All three left the ground immediately, with the pair replaced in the line-up by Harrison Ashby and Jack Wilshere on an updated team-sheet at 6.47pm. 

West Ham and Hull City both insist that protocols were satisfied ahead of their fixture

West Ham and Hull City both insist that protocols were satisfied ahead of their fixture 

Having taken everything into account, medical staff at both the Premier League club and League One club decided it was safe to go ahead, with all parties preferring that to abandoning the tie. 

Despite the tests taking place on Monday, the clubs were satisfied that there had been no further risk to any West Ham players, with staff following the EFL matchday travelling protocol.

In section 24, which relates to travel, rules state that clubs ensure staff travel to the stadium either by a car carrying no other players or staff, or by coach, train or plane where social distancing measures are adhered to. 

With the game taking place a the London Stadium, West Ham stars and staff all made their own way to the ground.  

West Ham had offered to pay for testing for Hull City players, but the League One club declined.

Hammers boss David Moyes was informed that he had tested positive for Covid-19 at 6.20pm

Hammers boss David Moyes was informed that he had tested positive for Covid-19 at 6.20pm

When asked why, boss Grant McCann explained: ‘Because we didn’t want to create anything.  

‘We decided against it, we felt we were fine. No one is showing any symptoms or anything like that. We always monitor the players’ well-being.

‘We can get tested wherever we want. We are following the guidelines of the EFL. Just because somebody offers you free tests it doesn’t mean you do it.

‘We are comfortable with what we are doing. We are monitoring the players at every level.’

It is a different approach from Leyton Orient, who saw their clash with Tottenham called off on Tuesday after 10 members of their squad tested positive having accepted testing from the Premier League side.  

Hull boss Grant McCann defended the League One side's decision not to accept testing

Hull boss Grant McCann defended the League One side’s decision not to accept testing 

Confirming the positive tests, West Ham co-owner David Sullivan spoke to talkSPORT to explain the rigorous protocols the Hammers went through ahead of the game. 

‘What we do in the Premier League, every team we are tested three times a week during pre-season and we are now tested once a week so we were all tested on Monday,’ he said.

‘The results came through at literally 6:30-6:45pm last night and unfortunately two of the players tested positive, so the manager had to juggle the the team with who was there and then had to go home and self-isolate, as did the two players.

‘And then the whole team will be retested today to see if we have any more casualties. All the players are fine, I mean they have slightly sore throats.

‘The manager actually was on fine form this morning, he has had a slight sore throat for a couple of days but he put it down to the fact that he shouts a lot.

‘He is a pretty hands on manager, coach and he is on the training pitch, screaming and shouting. And he said: “Look I do get a sore throat occasionally, so I thought nothing of it”. It’s just a minor sore throat and hopefully it doesn’t get worse.’

David Sullivan spoke to talkSPORT, stating that some members of staff did have sore throats

David Sullivan spoke to talkSPORT, stating that some members of staff did have sore throats 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.