Connect with us

Sports

Chelsea ‘have all-but agreed personal terms with Kai Havertz after he held talks with Frank Lampard’

Published

on

chelsea have all but agreed personal terms with kai havertz after he held talks with frank lampard

Chelsea are in a strong position to sign Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen, with manager Frank Lampard speaking to the midfielder about a move to Stamford Bridge, according to the Athletic.

The Blues have been the front runners for the highly-coveted youngster despite interest from the likes of Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, and their move looks to have taken a step closer as they are reportedly the only club willing to meet the Bundesliga side’s asking price – thought to be around £73million.

Havertz’s performances in the German top flight have made him one of the most sought-after players in Europe – scoring 17 goals in all competitions and providing eight assists from midfield. 

Chelsea are in pole position to sign Kai Havertz from Leverkusen for around £73m this summer

Chelsea are in pole position to sign Kai Havertz from Leverkusen for around £73m this summer

Chelsea are in pole position to sign Kai Havertz from Leverkusen for around £73m this summer

Manager Frank Lampard is said to have held talks with the starlet about a move to the Bridge

Manager Frank Lampard is said to have held talks with the starlet about a move to the Bridge

Manager Frank Lampard is said to have held talks with the starlet about a move to the Bridge

Lampard has already shown his ambition for the club ahead of next season by signing Hakim Ziyech from Ajax and Havertz’ compatriot Timo Werner from Leipzig, and now he appears to be on the verge of another coup after the report claimed he has held talks with the 21-year-old.

Havertz is keen on a move to Stamford Bridge, the Athletic adds, with personal terms not thought to be an issue in negotiations. The player was said to favour a move to Madrid but the club are unlikely to make a big money move at this time. 

Los Blancos chief Florentino Perez warned that the club face financial difficulties and that fans should not expect to see any Galacticos in coming this summer, saying: ‘The situation is very bad and there will be no great signings.’

Agreeing terms with the German, who is keen on moving to Chelsea, should not be an issue

Agreeing terms with the German, who is keen on moving to Chelsea, should not be an issue

Agreeing terms with the German, who is keen on moving to Chelsea, should not be an issue

The midfielder won’t be put off joining the team should they fail to qualify for the Champions League, the report continues, with the starlet attracted to the club’s vision, their group of young players and the presence of Lampard.

He would be linking up with fellow German Werner, who was snapped up for £53m and another star who was persuaded by Lampard as Chelsea moved fast to land him amid serious interest in Europe.

Reports in Germany last week claimed the star had already ‘decided to join Chelsea’ while Bayern Munich are said to be abandoning plans to rival the Premier League side as they look for cheaper options.

Bayern Munich have invested heavily in Leroy Sane and would not be able to rival Chelsea

Bayern Munich have invested heavily in Leroy Sane and would not be able to rival Chelsea

Bayern Munich have invested heavily in Leroy Sane and would not be able to rival Chelsea 

The German champions have already made a big-money signing as they brought in Leroy Sane from Manchester City for around £40m, while Barcelona also lack the strength to challenge Chelsea.

While PSG would have the financial muscle to launch a bid, they are not thought to be a desired desination for Havertz. Manchester United have also been linked, but their top priority is landing fellow Bundesliga star Jadon Sancho – who could cost around £100m.

Chelsea continued their confident season under Lampard by moving into the FA Cup final on Sunday after beating Manchester United 3-0, and look on course to finish in the top four, which would only boost their hopes of landing Havertz. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Everton ‘fended off Man United interest in Dominic Calvert-Lewin with a massive £80m asking price’ 

Published

on

By

everton fended off man united interest in dominic calvert lewin with a massive 80m asking price

Everton reportedly told Manchester United they would need to pay £80m if they wanted to sign striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin.

The Sun claim Ole Gunnar Solskjaer had made the player a top target but hopes of a deal were ended abruptly when United heard the asking price.

Calvert-Lewin only cost Everton £1.5m when they signed him from Sheffield United four years ago.

Everton reportedly told Manchester United that Dominic Calvert-Lewin would cost them £80m

Everton reportedly told Manchester United that Dominic Calvert-Lewin would cost them £80m

Everton reportedly told Manchester United that Dominic Calvert-Lewin would cost them £80m

He has since netted 36 goals in 136 appearances for the Toffees.

Three of those came in Saturday’s 5-2 win over West Brom at Goodison Park. 

The hat-trick sees the 23-year-old leading the race for the Premier League Golden Boot, having also scored the only goal of the game in the opening day win over Tottenham.  

After the game, Calvert-Lewis said: ‘The manager is on me every day about one-touch finishes and being in the box – being in the right areas to put the ball in the back of the net.

Calvert-Lewin scored a hat-trick as Everton made it two wins from two on Saturday

Calvert-Lewin scored a hat-trick as Everton made it two wins from two on Saturday

Calvert-Lewin scored a hat-trick as Everton made it two wins from two on Saturday

‘It’s nice to know what I’m working on in training is coming off on the pitch.

‘That’s the biggest reward – my first hat-trick in professional football and in the end a good team performance.’

At the time Ancelotti said: ‘I think he is going to be at the top in England and in Europe.’

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Sports

Social media reacts to a wicked nutmeg from Daniel Podence on Kevin de Bruyne

Published

on

By

social media reacts to a wicked nutmeg from daniel podence on kevin de bruyne

Daniel Podence has received high praise on social media after he pulled off an audacious nutmeg against Kevin De Bruyne during Wolves‘ Premier League defeat by Manchester City

The winger displayed excellent skill to tap the ball through the City midfielder’s legs and cross perfectly for Raul Jimenez who headed past Ederson and into the net.

Although De Bruyne is not renowned for his defensive capabilities, Podence understandably won plaudits from football fans after he outwitted one of the most talented players on the planet.

Daniel Podence produced exquisite skill to nutmeg Kevin De Bruyne on Monday night

Daniel Podence produced exquisite skill to nutmeg Kevin De Bruyne on Monday night

Daniel Podence produced exquisite skill to nutmeg Kevin De Bruyne on Monday night

The Portuguese winger knocked the ball through the City midfielder's legs in the second half

The Portuguese winger knocked the ball through the City midfielder's legs in the second half

The Portuguese winger knocked the ball through the City midfielder’s legs in the second half

Podence proceeded to curl in an excellent cross which Raul Jimenez headed into the net

Podence proceeded to curl in an excellent cross which Raul Jimenez headed into the net

Podence proceeded to curl in an excellent cross which Raul Jimenez headed into the net

33459340 8757969 image a 29 1600732306237

33459340 8757969 image a 29 1600732306237

One person posted: ‘All of Kevin De Bruyne’s assists now belong to Daniel Podence.’ 

Meanwhile, another fan Tweeted: ‘Daniel Podence just sent Kevin De Bruyne for a Belgian waffle. Lovely assist from the pint-sized wizard.’

One person even accused the Portuguese of ‘sending De Bruyne back to Chelsea’. 

De Bruyne once again displayed his outstanding talent at the other end of the pitch as City kicked off their season with a win at Molineux, playing a part in all three goals scored by Pep Gardiola’s team. 

Wolves striker Jimenez (L) powers the ball beyond Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson

Wolves striker Jimenez (L) powers the ball beyond Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson

Wolves striker Jimenez (L) powers the ball beyond Manchester City goalkeeper Ederson

33459338 8757969 image a 31 1600732323955

33459338 8757969 image a 31 1600732323955

De Bruyne played a pivotal role and scored a penalty as City began their season with a 3-1 win

De Bruyne played a pivotal role and scored a penalty as City began their season with a 3-1 win

De Bruyne played a pivotal role and scored a penalty as City began their season with a 3-1 win

The 29-year-old was taken down by Roman Saiss in the first half before picking himself up to score emphatically from the penalty sot. 

The Belgium international then played anther incisive pass to Raheem Sterling who set up Phil Foden with a tap in to double the visitors’ lead.

Podence missed two opportunities to half the deficit, first shooting wide from the edge of the box and then putting too much weight on his lob over Ederson. 

12 minutes of normal time remained when Jimenez headed in from Podence’s teasing cross, but City wrapped up all three points in stoppage time as Gabriel Jesus’ deflected beyond Rui Patricio after De Bruyne won back possession. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Sports

Pep Guardiola says he will play ‘mostly academy players’ in the Carabao Cup tie against Bournemouth

Published

on

By

pep guardiola says he will play mostly academy players in the carabao cup tie against bournemouth

Pep Guardiola vowed to play a significant number of Manchester City‘s academy in the Carabao Cup as injuries piled up before their season even started.

City were without seven first-team players for Monday’s impressive 3-1 win at Wolves to injury, Ilkay Gundogan joining the list after testing positive for coronavirus ahead of the game.

Guardiola’s squad have under 72 hours’ rest before facing Bournemouth on Thursday and the manager claimed he has no choice but to dip into the academy.

Pep Guardiola said he will play mostly academy players for the Carabao Cup tie on Thursday

Pep Guardiola said he will play mostly academy players for the Carabao Cup tie on Thursday

Pep Guardiola said he will play mostly academy players for the Carabao Cup tie on Thursday

Tommy Doyle was one of the Manchester City youngsters to make the bench against Wolves

Tommy Doyle was one of the Manchester City youngsters to make the bench against Wolves

Tommy Doyle was one of the Manchester City youngsters to make the bench against Wolves

‘We cannot pretend we can recover in three days and then another three days play again,’ Guardiola said. ‘We cannot expend the energy we did today (again) on Thursday against Bournemouth because of Sunday (against Leicester).

‘It is a lack of preparation, we have seven players out and they are not coming back soon. We will see how many players are available.

‘We would like to continue in the Carabao Cup but we don’t have players after this period, to be able to play every three or four days. We’re going to play mostly academy players against Bournemouth and try to keep the energy for the Premier League.’

Academy graduates Tommy Doyle and Adrian Bernabe were joined on City’s bench by 17-year-old Liam Delap on Monday. Delap, son of former Stoke defender Rory, is a highly regarded striker and looks set for a senior debut against Bournemouth.

Academy graduate Liam Delap (above) was also on the bench along with Adrian Bernabe

Academy graduate Liam Delap (above) was also on the bench along with Adrian Bernabe

Academy graduate Liam Delap (above) was also on the bench along with Adrian Bernabe

Guardiola’s fitness problems are mounting, with the Catalan suggesting that only Eric Garcia will recover in time for Leicester’s visit to the Etihad on Sunday. Aymeric Laporte is back training and should return, although Aleks Zinchenko, Bernardo Silva, Sergio Aguero and Joao Cancelo are facing weeks on the sidelines.

‘Most of them are after the Leeds game, the international break,’ Guardiola added. ‘After that they will be ready. Laporte was not injured but only had one training session. Eric had 16 stitches but maybe the next game he will be fit.

‘Unfortunately Ilkay got Covid. I’m concerned for the society, not Man City. The cases are increasing, they’re still there.

‘It’s less aggressive but it’s still there. Aymeric and Riyad passed it and now we have Ilkay. I think he feels quite well now but he has to stay at home. We tried to be prudent, be alert in our private lives, but it is there. We are no different to any human being in society.’

Ilkay Gundogan is one of seven players out of the game after testing positive for coronavirus

Ilkay Gundogan is one of seven players out of the game after testing positive for coronavirus

Ilkay Gundogan is one of seven players out of the game after testing positive for coronavirus

Aymeric Laporte is back training and should return for the game after also testing positive

Aymeric Laporte is back training and should return for the game after also testing positive

Aymeric Laporte is back training and should return for the game after also testing positive

City are on the hunt for a new central defender and have interest in Sevilla’s 21-year-old Jules Kounde. The LaLiga club’s sporting director, Monchi, claimed to have rejected a bid, with the Europa League winners wanting upwards of £60million.

‘There is no agreement with City,’ Monchi said. ‘It’s certain that in the last few days we have received interest from one club for Jules. They submitted an offer that was assessed by the board and it was rejected. If they come back, we will listen and we will respond.’

City will be encouraged by their opening-day victory yet Wolves were made to rue missed opportunities after half-time, with Daniel Podence causing problems to City’s back four but failing to take his chances.

‘It’s not about measuring the positives and negatives,’ Wolves manager Nuno Espirto Santo said. ‘We know how important moments in both boxes are. We were bad defensively in our box in the first half. We should’ve been more clinical. City have talented players but we caused them a lot of problems. There are lots of things we can improve on.’

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.