Connect with us

Sports

F1 British Grand Prix 2020 LIVE: Hamilton pole, Hulkenberg starts from pits, Leclerc third – latest race updates

Published

on

f1 british grand prix 2020 live hamilton pole hulkenberg starts from pits leclerc third latest race updates
OFF PLATFORM F1 BRITISH GRAND PRIX

F1 returns to Silverstone in just half an hour with Lewis Hamilton on pole as he looks to secure a SEVENTH British Grand Prix win.

Despite a spin in qualifying, he regained his composure to push teammate Valterri Bottas down to second on the podium after two storming laps – both track records.

  • Today is race day, with lights out at 2.10pm
  • Grid – 1st Hamilton 2nd Bottas 3rd Leclerc
  • Nico Hulkenberg to start from pit lane after car problems.
  • Sky Sports F1 and Channel 4 are showing the British Grand Prix in the UK.
  • Channel 4 and All4 are free for all UK viewers.

Follow all the latest from Silverstone below with our live blog…

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Tottenham ‘complete £20m capture of Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg’

Published

on

By

tottenham complete 20m capture of southampton midfielder pierre emile hojbjerg

Tottenham have reportedly completed the signing of Southampton midfielder Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg in a £20 million deal.

The Denmark international was at the club’s Hotspur Way training ground on Monday to undergo a medical for the deal.

Now according to Talksport, Tottenham have now completed the switch, which will see Hojbjerg become Jose Mourinho‘s first signing of the summer.

Tottenham have reportedly completed the signing of Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Southampton

Tottenham have reportedly completed the signing of Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Southampton

Tottenham have reportedly completed the signing of Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Southampton

It would be Jose Mourinho's first signing of the summer as he looks to strengthen the team

It would be Jose Mourinho's first signing of the summer as he looks to strengthen the team

It would be Jose Mourinho’s first signing of the summer as he looks to strengthen the team

The 25-year-old is understood to be joining Spurs for an initial £15m which could rise to more than £20m with add-ons.

It is also been previously reported that right-back Kyle Walker-Peters is set to go the other way in a separate deal.

Hojbjerg arrived in England in 2016 from Bayern Munich, where he also worked under Pep Guardiola and impressed at St Mary’s, soon taking on the armband.

He was recently stripped of the captaincy after he informed the south coast club that he would not be signing a new deal and spent much of the resumption of the 2019-20 campaign out of the side.  

Hojbjerg was stripped of his captaincy after making it clear he wanted to leave Southampton

Hojbjerg was stripped of his captaincy after making it clear he wanted to leave Southampton

Hojbjerg was stripped of his captaincy after making it clear he wanted to leave Southampton

There was interest from Everton, but the midfielder was keen to work with Jose Mourinho at Spurs, who look to have got the deal done in an uncharacteristically swift manner.

The 25-year-old’s contract at Southampton was set to expire next summer and he looked intent on joining Spurs after liking several social media posts linking him with the move. 

Walker-Peters’ move is a separate transaction as Saints look to make his loan into a permanent transfer – a deal which is still being finalised.

The right back spent the second half of last season on loan with Ralph Hasenhuttl’s men and impressed, prompting Southampton to pay a reported £12m for his services. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Sports

Bayern Munich chief Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says club has a new concept to get fans back into stadiums

Published

on

By

bayern munich chief karl heinz rummenigge says club has a new concept to get fans back into stadiums

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge has revealed that the club are working on a new ‘concept’ to get fans safely back into stadiums to watch live football.

Rummenigge claimed on Tuesday that an inspection has been carried out at the Allianz Arena before saying there is ‘a chance’ of a return for supporters ‘soon’.

Fans in Germany haven’t been able to attend games live and in person since March due to the outbreak of the coronavirus

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is hoping to get fans back in stadiums soon

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is hoping to get fans back in stadiums soon

Bayern Munich chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge is hoping to get fans back in stadiums soon

Bayern Munich chief revealed the club are working on a concept to make a return safe for fans

Bayern Munich chief revealed the club are working on a concept to make a return safe for fans

Bayern Munich chief revealed the club are working on a concept to make a return safe for fans

However, Rummenigge is optimistic that could all change in the near future. 

‘I don’t enjoy football without fans,’ Rummenigge said, according to Kicker. ‘There was an inspection at Allianz Arena. We have a concept that’s been implemented very well. There’s a chance that we’ll soon be able to welcome fans again in the arena.’  

The 64-year-old’s comments come a day after Germany’s health experts reportedly agreed to extend a ban for spectators in stadiums until at least the end of October, with coronavirus numbers rising in some areas of the country.

Supporters haven't been able to attend games since March following the Covid-19 outbreak

Supporters haven't been able to attend games since March following the Covid-19 outbreak

Supporters haven’t been able to attend games since March following the Covid-19 outbreak

The Bundesliga campaign restarted in mid-May following a two-month suspension, becoming the first European league to resume under strict rules to contain the spread of Covid-19.

Bayern successfully wrapped up the league title in June and there was hope fans would be allowed to return in some form before the new campaign begins next month.

However, while Rummenigge remains optimistic, Germany’s government officials are less so.

Rummenigge (left) is optimistic that fans could return in some capacity in the near future

Rummenigge (left) is optimistic that fans could return in some capacity in the near future

Rummenigge (left) is optimistic that fans could return in some capacity in the near future

‘We need to stay vigilant. In the current situation, spectators in the stadiums would be the wrong signal,’ health minister Jens Spahn said in a tweet.

Spahn pointed to a rising number of new coronavirus cases over the past few days and warned against taking any avoidable risks that could further increase the infection rate.

Government officials have repeatedly urged Germans to stick with precautionary measures such as social distancing and the wearing of face masks, but the rising number of infections suggest some have become less careful during the summer months.

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Sports

Tyson Fury’s dad John, 56, joins Instagram after drinking ‘a coffee and pint of vodka’ in hilarious first post

Published

on

By

tyson furys dad john 56 joins instagram after drinking a coffee and pint of vodka in hilarious first post

TYSON FURY’S dad John is already causing a stir on Instagram despite only setting up the account on Monday.

The 56-year-old – who called out Mike Tyson in June – already boasts over 60,000 followers, with his fans sent into hysterics over his first post.

John Fury, 56, has delighted fans with content on his Instagram account

1

John Fury, 56, has delighted fans with content on his Instagram accountCredit: Instagram gypsyjohnfury

His world heavyweight champion son Tyson was filming his dad after the pair spent the day training and sight-seeing.

Tyson then asks his dad what his plans are for the rest of the day, with John remarking: “I haven’t got any plans.”

Fury then says: “Well you’ve just had a coffee and a pint of vodka, how are you feeling?”

To which John replies by saying: “I’m alright, the vodkas have kicked in nicely so I’ll be ready for my tea about six o’clock.”

He then joked, “I’ll probably eat myself to death like I usually do”, which drew laughter from the undefeated WBC champ.

Fans were loving the clip, as one commented: “This will go down in history.”

Another said: “Looking forward to hearing your rants or should I say words of wisdom! Love you John.”

A third added: “I love this man words can’t explain. Need to meet him.

Meanwhile one simply stated: “Mate, you’re a ledge.”

A clip from his account this morning showed him hard at work in training, as he shocked his supporters with his immense punching power.

Tyson has also shared footage of John helping out the Lancaster City Council by digging up weeds in his effort to “keep Morecambe beautiful”.

Tyson Fury’s dad shows off his punch power in Instagram training video

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.