Connect with us

Sports

FA launch investigation after player was subjected to alleged racist abuse during cup tie

Published

on

fa launch investigation after player was subjected to alleged racist abuse during cup tie

The FA have launched an investigation after a player was allegedly subjected to racist abuse from the crowd, leading to an FA Cup tie being abandoned.

Combined Counties Premier Division side CB Hounslow United took a stand and refused to come out of their dressing room for the second half of the preliminary round tie at Sevenoaks Town after a member of their team was targeted.

Sportsmail understands complaints were made to the referee on four separate occasions during the first half by the player on the receiving end of the abuse.

The FA launched a probe after a player was allegedly subjected to racist abuse from the crowd

The FA launched a probe after a player was allegedly subjected to racist abuse from the crowd

And the shocking incidents prompted Hounslow United to take matters into their own hands as they decided not to continue the game. An FA spokesperson said: ‘We are aware of the allegations and we are currently investigating the matter.’

Sevenoaks said in a post on Twitter following the match: ‘Today’s game has been abandoned. We are investigating an alleged matter and no further comment will be made until this process has been concluded.’

Sevenoaks confirmed they had been gathering witness statements as part of the probe.

Hounslow have been asked for their observations by the FA, who are awaiting the referee’s report as part of their investigation.

The FA Cup tie was abandoned at Sevenoaks Town when Hounslow United chose not to play on

The FA Cup tie was abandoned at Sevenoaks Town when Hounslow United chose not to play on

Isthmian League South East side Sevenoaks were 3-0 up at the break after goals from Kyle De Silva, Tyrell Richardson-Brown and James Bessey-Sakdana before the game was halted. No complaint had been made to Kent Police by Sunday night.

Last season an FA Cup qualifying match between non-League Haringey Borough and Yeovil was called off after racist abuse was aimed at players by the crowd.

Haringey’s players walked off after defender Coby Rowe suffered racist abuse, while goalkeeper Douglas Pajetat was spat at and had objects thrown at him, with Yeovil agreeing not to finish the match in a display of solidarity.

The incident led to five men being arrested.

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Luton vs Man Utd LIVE: Stream, score, TV channel as Henderson STARTS at Kenilworth Road – Carabao Cup latest updates

Published

on

By

luton vs man utd live stream score tv channel as henderson starts at kenilworth road carabao cup latest updates
BLOG Luton vs Man United

MANCHESTER UNITED face Championship side Luton tonight in a Carabao Cup showdown at Kenilworth Road.

  • Live score: Luton 0-0 Man Utd
  • TV/Live stream: Sky Sports Main Event/NOW TV
  • Luton XI: Shea, Tunnicliffe, Bradley, Hylton, Shinnie, Moncur, Lockyer, Clark, Kioso, Norrington-Davies, Lualua.
  • Man Utd XI: Henderson, Wan-Bissaka, Bailly, Maguire, Williams, Fred, Matic, Mata, van de Beek, Lingard, Ighalo.

Follow all the latest from this Carabao Cup clash with our live blog below…

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Unbeaten Dandalla and Ayr winner Umm Kulthum could clash in Cheveley Park – Newmarket runners, odds and latest

Published

on

By

unbeaten dandalla and ayr winner umm kulthum could clash in cheveley park newmarket runners odds and latest scaled

TWO Yorkshire roses could clash in Saturday’s Group 1 Cheveley Park Stakes.

Unbeaten Dandalla will head to Newmarket for Karl Burke while Richard Fahey is to ‘um and ah’ whether Umm Kulthum will take her chance.

Dandalla saw off Fev Rover and Santosha at Newmarket and both have since franked the form

1

Dandalla saw off Fev Rover and Santosha at Newmarket and both have since franked the formCredit: PA:Press Association

Fahey’s youngster impressed when winning a Group 3 at Ayr on Saturday and the Yorkshireman will leave it until Thursday to make a decision.

Burke’s Dandalla has been off with a small setback since her Group 2 Duchess of Cambridge win, but the bookies have her vying for favouritism on the Rowley Mile.

Burke told Sun Racing: “She did her final bit of work this morning which we were pleased with and we’re very much looking forward to it now.

“We took a chance running her at Newmarket last time, but it looked a winnable race and we just about got away with it.

“I know the form experts thought she ran up to her level but I’m not having that. There’s no way she was at her best that day.

“Hopefully she can prove that on Saturday.”

Paddy Power make her a 10-3 shot to come out on top, with Miss Amulet currently the 3-1 jolly.

Ben Curtis will again partner Burke’s filly.

Cheveley Park Betting – Paddy Power

Miss Amulet 3-1

Dandalla 10-3

Sacred 7-2

Happy Romance 9-2

Umm Kulthum 5-1

Alcohol Free 8-1

Aloha Star 10-1

Zoetic 12-1

CLICK HERE FOR PULL PADDY POWER MARKET AND LIVE ODDS

Burke added: “I’d like a bit of rain beforehand, but it’s no concern either way, she’ll run regardless.

“I’m confident there’s more to come. She’s shown she’s not one of these tiny two-year-olds.

“We think she’ll improve from two to three and even from her last run she’s changed shape, she’s lengthened and matured.

“We’re very happy with her again now, the last month or so has been very good.

“I think Saturday would be her last run. The only option was to step up to a mile and I don’t want to do that yet.

“She’s exciting for next year and I think win, lose or draw, we’ll be pulling stumps.”

Meanwhile Umm Kulthum is a 5-1 chance but a decision on her participation is to be made later in the week.

Fahey said: “She won nicely up at Ayr. She’s got her own way of doing things and if we can get her to break better she’ll be even nicer.

“She’s okay at the moment but we need to see how she is over the next couple of days, I’d say it’s 50-50 at the moment.”

Stablemate Fev Rover is likely to be seen in the Fillies’ Mile next on October 10 at Newmarket.

She also has the option of heading to France but Fahey is wary of the growing COVID restrictions.

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Racing industry dealt hammer blow as more pilot events cancelled and crowds unlikely for SIX months

Published

on

By

racing industry dealt hammer blow as more pilot events cancelled and crowds unlikely for six months scaled

THE racing industry faces a huge challenge to survive in its current guise after the government announced punters will not be on course for at least SIX months.

The sport was dealt a hammer blow as upcoming pilot events were scrapped at the last minute and its major income stream ended.

The first and last - punters enjoyed Monday's safe and socially-distanced fixture at Warwick

1

The first and last – punters enjoyed Monday’s safe and socially-distanced fixture at WarwickCredit: PA:Press Association

Racing is the second-highest attended sport in the UK and without financial support it could spell the end for many businesses within the industry.

Racecourses particularly will come under huge duress, but with prize money set to suffer as a result, trainers and the rest of the industry are at threat.

Newmarket’s Cambridgeshire Meeting had been set to welcome 1000 punters for each of its three days of racing this week following in Warwick’s footsteps after their pilot on Monday.

But the course confirmed that it would return to racing behind closed doors.

Meetings are underway between the sports leaders from the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) and the government as to the next stages.

It’s thought sports across the board are appealing for a mass bailout otherwise many are at risk.

Nick Rust, the BHA’s Chief Executive, said: “Racing’s leaders are responding to this crisis by working together like never before.

“We are working to a recovery plan, but today’s announcement will set back our progress.

“We will urge the government to provide financial support, as they have indicated they are considering, and to accept the case for urgent reform of the Levy.

“Our loyal owners and our key international investors have stood by us and we ask government to work with us to maintain that confidence in racing and in Britain.”

The Jockey Club have also backed calls from organisations across sport for the Government to provide direct support for the industry.

Nevin Truesdale, Group Chief Executive of The Jockey Club, said: “The two pilot events staged by Racing showed that we can host people safely with so much outdoor space for social distancing and stringent protocols in place.

“Nevertheless we respect the Government’s decision to pause their pilot programme across sport as part of trying to reduce contact between people.

“Without paying spectators, the largest revenue streams for many sports have been cut off for six months to date and, with no prospect of a change soon, this threatens the survival of sports organisations and the many livelihoods they support. 

“Now is the time that sport needs the Government to step in and provide direct support to the industry, as they did when awarding £1.57 billion to the arts in July.

“Sport and physical activity sustains 600,000 jobs and contributes more than £16 billion per year to the UK economy. British Racing alone contributes more than £4 billion a year in normal times, which clearly these are not.”

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.