Connect with us

Sports

Hakim Ziyech’s passing is ‘ridiculous’, Chelsea boss Frank Lampard tells Rio Ferdinand

Published

on

hakim ziyechs passing is ridiculous chelsea boss frank lampard tells rio ferdinand

Former England captain Rio Ferdinand says Chelsea manager Frank Lampard has lavished praise on summer signing Hakim Ziyech to him – hailing one particular attribute too.

Ziyech joined the Blues officially this summer in a £37.8million transfer from Ajax – although the deal was initially back in February.

The winger is yet to make his Chelsea due to a slight knee injury sustained last month in a pre-season friendly against Brighton but already he has impressed Lampard, according to Ferdinand.

Hakim Ziyech is yet to make his Chelsea debut but he's already impressed Frank Lampard

Hakim Ziyech is yet to make his Chelsea debut but he's already impressed Frank Lampard

Hakim Ziyech is yet to make his Chelsea debut but he’s already impressed Frank Lampard

Chelsea manager Lampard has described Ziyech's passing as 'ridiculous'

Chelsea manager Lampard has described Ziyech's passing as 'ridiculous'

That's according to Rio Ferdinand

That's according to Rio Ferdinand

According to Rio Ferdinand (right), Lampard has described the winger’s passing as ‘ridiculous’

‘You know what I spoke to Frank the other day about Ziyech and he said: ‘His passing is ridiculous.’ Ferdinand told the Five YouTube channel.

‘I’m looking to see them passes when he cuts with his left foot and has the likes of Mason Mount, Timo Werner Kai Havertz etc. all making runs and I think Ziyech will be putting it on a plate for these boys.’

The 27-year-old is one of six new signings at Stamford Bridge so far this transfer window. Out of those new arrivals only Timo Werner and Kai Havertz were available to play in their opening 3-1 Premier League win at Brighton on Monday night.

Of the two, Werner made the bigger impact winning a penalty – which Jorginho converted – and Ferdinand believes the striker will prove to be the signing of the season.

‘I’m going to go for Werner,’ Ferdinand continued.

‘He looked sharp against Brighton and I saw him against Spain the other day – he tore them one.’

Ferdinand believes Chelsea new boy Timo Werner will prove to be the signing of the season

Ferdinand believes Chelsea new boy Timo Werner will prove to be the signing of the season

Ferdinand believes Chelsea new boy Timo Werner will prove to be the signing of the season

Werner won the Blues a penalty during their 3-1 win at Brighton in their Premier League opener

Werner won the Blues a penalty during their 3-1 win at Brighton in their Premier League opener

Werner won the Blues a penalty during their 3-1 win at Brighton in their Premier League opener

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Mike Tyson took cocaine and cannabis moments before ring walk as Lou Savarese tells incredible tale 20 years on

Published

on

By

mike tyson took cocaine and cannabis moments before ring walk as lou savarese tells incredible tale 20 years on

MIKE TYSON claims he took cocaine and marijuana just moments before his fight against Lou Savarese.

Iron Mike – is preparing for his comeback fight against Roy Jones Jr aged 54 – said he indulged in drugs moments before his ring walk at Hampden in June 2000.

 Tyson said he used cocaine and marijuana moments before beating Savarese... a bout in which he also knocked down the ref
Tyson said he used cocaine and marijuana moments before beating Savarese… a bout in which he also knocked down the refCredit: News Group Newspapers Ltd
 Tyson got around drug tests by using a fake penis
Tyson got around drug tests by using a fake penisCredit: Reuters

Tyson – who used a fake penis to beat drug tests – beat Savarese via technical knockout just 38 seconds into the first round.

The Baddest Man on the Planet sent Savarese crashing to the canvas after a monster left hook just 12 seconds in.

And it was while referee John Coyle tried to stop the relentless onslaught that he was also clocked by Tyson.

The man in the middle went sprawling before eventually getting back up and calling the fight off.

Tyson – who now has his own cannabis empire – was fined £125,000 for not obeying the ref’s orders and, in the carnage that followed the fight, gave his infamous comment about wanting to eat Lennox Lewis’ children.

The win over Savarese was the second fastest of Tyson’s career and came in his third comeback fight after a nine-month break.

Tyson had served a four-month prison sentence for assaulting two motorists in that time.

But his drug-use had not taken a back seat and, incredibly, he even used them right before fights.

TM graphic Mike v3

Savarese recently told BBC Sport he feels it is “not fair” his opponent that night used drugs before their bout.

The 54-year-old said: “It is not fair if you are taking drugs before the fight, you want to have a level playing field.”

Savarese, who retired after his final fight against Evander Holyfield in June 2007, is adamant the ref should have allowed the fight to go on.

He added: “I didn’t think the fight was over, I just thought he got disqualified or whatever.

“I thought the referee had stopped the fight because Tyson had hit him when he got in the middle of us. I didn’t know they were stopping the fight because of me getting hurt.

“It was pandemonium, it was strange because he was still throwing punches while the referee was in there.”

 Tyson sent the ref sprawling to the canvas after he tried to stop the bout
Tyson sent the ref sprawling to the canvas after he tried to stop the boutCredit: EPA
 Iron Mike won via TKO after just 38 seconds of the first round
Iron Mike won via TKO after just 38 seconds of the first roundCredit: Reuters
Mike Tyson spars in explosive training video as 53-year-old shows he still has ferocious power and speed

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Southampton eye Benfica midfielder Florentino Luis in transfer race with Fulham in Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg replacement

Published

on

By

southampton eye benfica midfielder florentino luis in transfer race with fulham in pierre emile hojbjerg replacement

SOUTHAMPTON could end their search for a new midfielder by snatching Florentino Luis from under the noses of Fulham and AC Milan.

Fulham boss Scott Parker has had the 21-year-old defensive midfielder watched by scouts playing for Benfica, while Milan have also made their interest known.

Florentino Luis has previously attracted interest from Manchester United

1

Florentino Luis has previously attracted interest from Manchester United

But Saints have now entered the race for his services as they seek a long-term replacement for former captain Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg following his move to Tottenham.

Boss Ralph Hasenhuttl has been concerned with the lack of authority in that area of the field his side have shown in the first fortnight of the season.

And that may force his hand to make a firm bid to offer Luis, regarded as one of the best young talents in his position in Europe, regular Premier League football.

Luis has made 21 appearances for Benfica and scored one goal since being promoted to the first-team.

The Portuguese ace, nicknamed “The Octopus”, previously attracted interest from Manchester United.

But Southampton could make their move for Luis following their shaky start to the season.

Hasenhuttl’s side suffered a disastrous 5-2 defeat to Tottenham on Sunday.

Spurs star Son Heung-min scored four times before Harry Kane bagged the fifth.

The Saints are without a win in the new campaign after a 1-0 loss to Crystal Palace.

Southampton also looked at risk of losing Danny Ings this month as Tottenham indicated their interest.

But Hasenhuttl has confirmed the 28-year-old has “absolutely zero chance” of leaving.

Mourinho interrupts Son interview to say Kane should have got Man of the Match vs Southampton despite Son scoring FOUR

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Top 10 boxers in history announced with Floyd Mayweather Jr No1, Muhammad Ali down at four and Mike Tyson OUT

Published

on

By

top 10 boxers in history announced with floyd mayweather jr no1 muhammad ali down at four and mike tyson out

FLOYD MAYWEATHER has been named the greatest boxer in history.

The retired 50-0 king is ranked miles ahead of great rival Manny Pacquiao in second place in the table from respected boxing site BoxRec.

 The 10 best boxers of all time according to BoxRec

2

The 10 best boxers of all time according to BoxRec

Mayweather, 43, from Michigan, US, never lost during his 21-year professional career and his ranking at the top of the pile is another jab at the Filipino.

Muhammad Ali, arguably the greatest sportsman ever, comes in fourth, behind Argentina’s legendary Carlos Monzon.

Here, SunSport runs down the top ten – a lucrative list even the likes of Evander Holyfield, Mike Tyson, Roberto Duran and Rocky Marciano could not make.

1. Floyd Mayweather

MONEY held multiple world titles in five weight classes and is not only regarded as one of the greatest defensive boxers ever but the most accurate.

Forbes listed the 5ft 8ins champion as the highest earning athlete in the world from 2012 to 2015.

2. Manny Pacquiao

The only active boxer on the list, Pacquiao, 41, is the only eight-division world champion in the history of boxing.

A current senator in his native Philippines, Pacquiao demolished Oscar De La Hoya into retirement in December 2008, obliterated Ricky Hatton in May 2009… but lost to Mayweather in the Fight of the Century in 2015.

3. Carlos Monzon

The Argentine playboy died in 1995 and held the undisputed middleweight championship for seven years and recorded 59 knockouts during his career.

However, he has been largely banished from the annals of boxing after he was sentenced to 11 years in prison for killing his wife Alicia Muniz in 1988.

4. Muhammad Ali

No one touches ‘The Greatest’ for cultural, social and political impact.

His boxing record may well have been even better, too, had he not lost three years of his career after refusing to fight in the Vietnam War from 1967 to 1970.

The image of Ali standing over a battered Sonny Liston is one of sport’s most iconic and his Thrilla in Manila win over Joe Frazier in 1975 the most famous boxing fight ever.

 This image of Ali standing over a beaten Liston is one of the most famous ever

2

This image of Ali standing over a beaten Liston is one of the most famous everCredit: AP:Associated Press

5. Sugar Ray Robinson

Robinson’s performances at lightweight, welterweight, middleweight and light heavyweight were so seminal that they prompted journalists to create the ‘pound-for-pound’ rankings.

He only lost 19 of his incredible 174 fights and was the first boxer ever to win a belt five times. He died in 1989.

6. Bernard Hopkins

‘The Executioner’, 55, was famed for his power and ability to pick opponents off on the counter.

He held multiple world titles at middleweight and light heavyweight and credited his mastery of the fundamentals as a reason for his career lasting 28 years.

7. Joe Louis

The ‘Brown Bomber’ was heavyweight champion from 1937 to 1949 – a period in which he defended his title 25 times.

More than that, he is widely regarded as one of the first black athletes to achieve the status of national hero in the US. He died in 1981.

8. Archie Moore

‘Mongoose’ is the longest reigning world light heavyweight champion of all time.

He held the crown from December 1952 to May 1962 and though he had a great chin which could take a pounding, he was respected as a highly strategic and defensive pugilist. Died in 1998.

9. Oscar De La Hoya

At the time of his retirement in April 2009, De La Hoya, now 47, was the most popular boxer in the world.

He won ten world titles in six divisions and started boxing at the age of five, but is now a successful businessman having founded Golden Boy Promotions.

10. Julio Cesar Chavez

The Mexican competed from 1980 to 2005 and was a multiple world champion in three weight divisions: super featherweight, lightweight and light welterweight.

Chavez, 57, holds the record for the most successful defences of world titles at 27 and, before his first professional loss to Frankie Randall in 1994, had gone on an 87-fight win streak.

Deontay Wilder says Anthony Joshua quit in his big fight with Andy Ruiz Jr.

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.