Connect with us

Sports

‘I’ll see you soon, Fathead’: Tony Ferguson fires back at Khabib after Russian said he was finished

Published

on

ill see you soon fathead tony ferguson fires back at khabib after russian said he was finished

Tony Ferguson has hit back at Khabib Nurmagomedov after his longtime rival claimed he was ‘finished’ following his one-sided defeat at the hands of Justin Gaethje earlier this year.

Ferguson and Khabib had a scheduled fight fall through for a fifth time in May, the former instead facing Gaethje for the interim lightweight title.

El Cucuy was comprehensively beaten on the night by Geathje, who will challenge Khabib at UFC 254 next Saturday, and the Russian claimed on Wednesday that he would never be the same again.

Tony Ferguson has hit back at Khabib Nurmagomedov after he claimed he was 'finished'

Tony Ferguson has hit back at Khabib Nurmagomedov after he claimed he was ‘finished’

Khabib claimed Ferguson would never be the same after his defeat to Justin Gaethje

Khabib claimed Ferguson would never be the same after his defeat to Justin Gaethje

‘He’s going to come back, and someone is going to beat him again, I believe,’ Khabib told ESPN.

‘Because when you take damage like this, you’re never going to be the same. Never. Even if you’re Tony Ferguson.’

And Ferguson has taken exception to his comments, responding via Twitter. 

He tweeted: ‘@TeamKhabib@Justin_Gaethje I’ll see you soon, Fathead.

‘You Can’t Run Well & Conditioning Sucks. Only reason you feel bad is because you did bad.

34394078 8840359 image m 1 1602697023512

‘I Own You, Chicken # 200k & 20Pushups For The Homeless. U (sic) Two Are Managed By @AliAbdelaziz00 I’ll Make It A Point To See You Both.’

Dana White has spoken about the possibility of matching Khabib up with Ferguson for a sixth time next year but Khabib was doubtful the 36-year-old will be able to forge his way to a title shot again.

‘Stupid. Stupid, stupid. Remember, I told you I like Tony Ferguson but he’s a stupid guy. He keeps talking about me. Why you keep talking about me? Someone smash your face, Justin Gaethje smash you everywhere,’ he went on.

‘If you wanna promote yourself, OK, I agree with you. But if you really want to keep talking about me and you think it’s going to be something special and put you in good position, this shows your mind, your weakness.

‘What can we do? Maybe if he comes back, but I don’t think this is possible.’

Khabib will defend his lightweight title against Gaethje at UFC 254 on Fight Island

Khabib will defend his lightweight title against Gaethje at UFC 254 on Fight Island 

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Donny Van de Beek will regret £40m Man United move according to Holland legend Marco van Basten

Published

on

By

donny van de beek will regret 40m man united move according to holland legend marco van basten

Holland legend Marco Van Basten claims Donny van de Beek will come to regret his summer move to Manchester United.

The 23-year-old midfielder has only played 61 minutes in the Premier League for the Old Trafford side after arriving from Ajax for £40million in the summer.

The Holland international was once again left on the bench by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer – who has promised Van de Beek he will get minutes this season – in United’s dour 0-0 draw at home to Chelsea

Marco Van Basten claims Donny van de Beek will regret his move to Manchester United

Marco Van Basten claims Donny van de Beek will regret his move to Manchester United

Marco Van Basten claims Donny van de Beek will regret his move to Manchester United

Van Basten was speaking on Rondo, a programme aired on Dutch channel Ziggo Sport

Van Basten was speaking on Rondo, a programme aired on Dutch channel Ziggo Sport

Van Basten was speaking on Rondo, a programme aired on Dutch channel Ziggo Sport

But speaking on Rondo, a programme aired on Dutch television channel Ziggo Sport, Van Basten believes his compatriot should have waited to assess his options instead of jumping at the chance to join United.

‘Donny should not have gone to Manchester United,’ Van Basten said. ‘When you are a good player you want to play every week.

‘It is really bad for a player like Donny to play only six or seven games this year. That is shocking for your match rhythm.

‘I know he is earning loads and loads more than he used to. But as a top player you have to be critical and look at the chances of playing when you sign for a new club.

The 23-year-old midfielder has only played 61 minutes in the Premier League for his new club

The 23-year-old midfielder has only played 61 minutes in the Premier League for his new club

The 23-year-old midfielder has only played 61 minutes in the Premier League for his new club

‘Donny should have waited for better prospects and signed for another club.’ 

Van de Beek was on just £30,000 per week at Ajax but earns around £108,000 per week at Old Trafford.

Van Basten’s comments come after former United left back Patrice Evra questioned why the club had even brought Van de Beek to the club.

Speaking after the goalless draw against Chelsea, Evra said: ‘We’re talking about Van de Beek, nothing against the kid, but why have we bought him?

‘He’s watching the game from the stand every game. We don’t need him, that’s the truth.’

Fellow Sky Sports pundit Gary Neville said Van de Beek himself will be questioning why he was signed if he is not part of the manager’s immediate plans.

Van de Beek (right) has been promised he will get game time by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (left)

Van de Beek (right) has been promised he will get game time by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (left)

Van de Beek (right) has been promised he will get game time by Ole Gunnar Solskjaer (left)

‘What is a little bit of a mystery is the use of Van de Beek since he’s been signed for £40million,’ Neville added.

‘He doesn’t seem to be at the forefront of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s plans in every game. 

‘It’s a bit of a mystery that one. And the more he doesn’t start, and the more he doesn’t come on, the more you’re thinking, “Well £40m player, ordinarily you’d get him in the team”.

‘He must be thinking: “What am I doing here?’ at this moment in time.’ 

Van de Beek has made just two starts for United this season, which came in Carabao Cup victories against Luton and Brighton.

Van Basten's comments come after Patrice Evra questioned why United bought Van de Beek

Van Basten's comments come after Patrice Evra questioned why United bought Van de Beek

Van Basten’s comments come after Patrice Evra questioned why United bought Van de Beek

He has made just two starts for United this season, which came in Carabao Cup victories

He has made just two starts for United this season, which came in Carabao Cup victories

He has made just two starts for United this season, which came in Carabao Cup victories

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Continue Reading

Sports

Manchester United ‘want Erling Haaland and still believe they can take Jadon Sancho’ from Dortmund

Published

on

By

manchester united want erling haaland and still believe they can take jadon sancho from dortmund

Manchester United have strongly retained their interest in signing Borussia Dortmund hitman Erling Haaland as well as his team-mate Jadon Sancho, according to reports. 

England forward Sancho was United’s top summer target and although a move did not materialise, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer instead signing free agent Edinson Cavani up front, United’s willingness to do a deal has not gone away. 

But it is United’s interest in Norwegian striker Haaland, who Solskjaer coached during his time at Molde, which has been renewed and the 20-year-old has a £68m release clause valid in the summer of 2022 written into his Dortmund contract, The Athletic reports. 

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains interested in a deal for both Erling Haaland and Jadon Sancho

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains interested in a deal for both Erling Haaland and Jadon Sancho

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer remains interested in a deal for both Erling Haaland and Jadon Sancho

Sancho and Haaland linked up brilliantly again at the weekend for Borussia Dortmund

Sancho and Haaland linked up brilliantly again at the weekend for Borussia Dortmund

Sancho and Haaland linked up brilliantly again at the weekend for Borussia Dortmund 

The report details that though Solskjaer refused to meet the financial demands of Mino Raiola – Haaland’s agent – when the forward eventually moved from RB Salzburg to Dortmund in January, United’s long-term interest remains. 

The relationship between Haaland and Solskjaer is still thought to be strong, and United could pursue a move sooner than 2022 for a higher fee if his performances justify a steeper price tag. 

His agent Raiola has previously had run-ins in the past with Solskjaer and United, particularly over the long-term future of Paul Pogba. 

Meanwhile, despite the fact United refused to meet Dortmund’s £108m asking price for Sancho by their summer window deadline, striking a deal is still at the forefront of Ed Woodward’s mind in the near-future. 

In a pursuit which was reportedly given the codename ‘Project No 7’, even though Cavani has now taken the illustrious shirt number at Old Trafford, United are still keen to strike a deal for the 20-year-old ex-Manchester City youth-team player. 

Erling Haaland scored his fifth Bundesliga goal in five games with his strike against Schalke on Saturday

Erling Haaland scored his fifth Bundesliga goal in five games with his strike against Schalke on Saturday

Sancho neatly set up Haaland at the weekend though is yet to score in the German top-flight

Sancho neatly set up Haaland at the weekend though is yet to score in the German top-flight

A double United swoop for Haaland and Sancho could total in the region of £176million

Solskjaer retains a good relationship with Haaland despite Mino Raiola acting as his agent

Solskjaer retains a good relationship with Haaland despite Mino Raiola acting as his agent

Solskjaer retains a good relationship with Haaland despite Mino Raiola acting as his agent 

A deal for both Sancho and Haaland, with the potential fees on the table, could total as much as £176m. 

However, whether Dortmund decide to do business with United following the twists and turns of the Sancho saga this summer is another matter altogether. 

United also lost out to Dortmund in the signing of Birmingham City’s Jude Bellingham, who has already been used regularly in the centre of the Germans’ midfield at the beginning of the new season. 

Haaland, meanwhile, scored his fifth Bundesliga goal in five games as Dortmund strolled to a 3-0 win over local rivals Schalke on Saturday.  

Sancho is yet to score in the German top-flight this season though he did set-up Haaland for his goal at the weekend, with the pair’s lethal partnership continuing to flourish.  

Last week, former United coach Rene Meulensteen claimed the Red Devils would have done better landing a legitimate No 9 in the summer, such as Haaland, rather than chasing an overpriced deal for Sancho. 

‘United need a real striker, a proper No 9, one like Erling Haaland,’ Meulensteen wrote in his column for Manchester United Supporters Club Scandinavia.  

Ex-Utd coach Rene Meulensteen believes United should have pursued Haaland in the summer

Ex-Utd coach Rene Meulensteen believes United should have pursued Haaland in the summer

Ex-Utd coach Rene Meulensteen believes United should have pursued Haaland in the summer

‘Just look at Bayern Munich about how important a striker is for them. Ask Tottenham or Leicester what a striker means. For me, it is strange that a striker has not been the main goal for United.

‘Marcus Rashford can play striker, but he is not a typical striker. Anthony Martial can provide goals, but he is no goal scorer.

‘Now Edinson Cavani has signed but I don’t think Manchester United should look for a 33-year-old on the last day of the transfer window.’

This post first appeared on dailymail.co.uk

Continue Reading

Sports

Conor McGregor tells ex-UFC champ Fabricio Werdum ‘f*** you’ in furious Twitter row over performance enhancing drugs

Published

on

By

conor mcgregor tells ex ufc champ fabricio werdum f you in furious twitter row over performance enhancing drugs

CONOR McGREGOR has got involved in a furious Twitter row over drug testing with former UFC star Fabricio Werdum.

It all started when McGregor, who is poised to return to UFC in January to fight Dustin Poirier, retweeted MMA star Sinead Kavanagh’s post calling for ‘pre-fight drug tests’.

Conor McGregor has been involved in a furious row on social media with Fabricio Werdum

3

Conor McGregor has been involved in a furious row on social media with Fabricio WerdumCredit: Instagram / @thenotoriousmma
Werdum was not happy McGregor was passing judgement on drug testing in Bellator

3

Werdum was not happy McGregor was passing judgement on drug testing in BellatorCredit: Getty – Contributor
McGregor was left stunned at Werdum's responses considering he was banned for two years for failing a drugs test

3

McGregor was left stunned at Werdum’s responses considering he was banned for two years for failing a drugs test

McGregor commented: “It is crazy to think@BellatorMMA
still do not have a performance enhancing drug testing system in place.

“It is long overdue time the promotion adopts a reputable testing body in order to keep it’s clean athletes safe!”

Kavanagh is trained by McGregor and is contracted to Bellator, with Werdum rumoured to be close to signing for the organisation.

However Werdum was not impressed with McGregor’s comment, posting: “Losers always will try to find excuses. Champions work very hard and don’t distracted by ants.”

The 43-year-old former UFC heavyweight champ then brought in current Bellator flyweight women’s champ Cris Cyborg into the argument.

He added: “@CyborgsGloves is a living legend”, before calling McGregor a ‘m***** f*****’ in Portuguese.

McGregor was left confused as to why Werdum brought former UFC champ Cyborg into conversation, who is represented by McGregor’s Paradigm Management company.

He replied: “Huh? I did not mention Cris whatsoever. Nothing to do with Cris at all.

“It is a request to the promotion, as a top tier one, to up its PED testing program. As currently there is zero in place.

“This is a dangerous business and to take a lax stance here, at this level, is wrong.”

DD COMPOSITE UFC PPV 2

Still Werdum continued, apparently getting his wires crossed however.

He posted: “The funny thing is it was cause a girl 145 that trains at your gym Sinead Kavanagh posted a tweet about testing following Cyborg beating her up. Why are you backtrack now?”

McGregor then attempted to explain Werdum’s error, writing: “They never fought. I train Sinead. I manage Cris. Both tremendously gifted warriors.

“This is not about either! Or any of the roster for that matter.

“It is about the promotion itself stepping up to the plate, as one of the top tier organisations in MMA, and upping its testing.”

Attempting to shut Werdum up for good, McGregor then slammed the fighter over his own drugs ban.

The Irishman wrote: “Actually wait! Aren’t you currently banned for steroids right now?

“And got your sentenced reduced for ratting other people? And also just recently signed to this promotion I speak of?

“Woah. Man, f*** you. My lord, what a business this is.”

Werdum was banned for TWO YEARS by USADA for failing an out-of-competition test back in 2018.

Werdum has always maintained his innocence and told Combate that he ‘felt like a criminal’ over the suspension.

He also alleges that he was told that if he ‘snitched’ on other fighters he would have his time out of action reduced.

Dana White ‘expects’ Conor McGregor to fight Dustin Poirier again in UFC after publicly accepting bout… but at 155lbs

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.