Connect with us

Sports

Manchester United locked in talks with Inter Milan over the permanent sale of Alexis Sanchez

Published

on

manchester united locked in talks with inter milan over the permanent sale of alexis sanchez

Manchester United were continuing talks with Inter Milan over the permanent transfer of Alexis Sanchez on Monday night.

Inter are pressing to get the deal done without a fee and want United to cancel the final two years of the Chilean’s contract.

Sanchez is willing to accept a dramatic pay cut with a three year contract worth £125,000 a week after tax on the table.

Manchester United remain in talks with Inter Milan over the permanent sale of Alexis Sanchez

Manchester United remain in talks with Inter Milan over the permanent sale of Alexis Sanchez

Manchester United remain in talks with Inter Milan over the permanent sale of Alexis Sanchez

Inter have named Sanchez in their Europa League squad but need to agree a deal with United for him to continue playing for them beyond Wednesday’s tie with Getafe.

Reports out of Italy on Monday said the two clubs had reached an agreement however United said talks were still ongoing.

The 31-year old Sanchez was due back from his loan at Inter on Friday.

The two years left on his contract at Old Trafford are worth up to £560,000 a week, including £300,000 basic salary and £100,000 in image rights. His departure would save United potentially up to £58m in wages. 

Sanchez is willing to accept a large pay cut with a three-year contract worth £125,000 tabled

Sanchez is willing to accept a large pay cut with a three-year contract worth £125,000 tabled

Sanchez is willing to accept a large pay cut with a three-year contract worth £125,000 tabled 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Kylian Mbappe ‘more likely to sign a new PSG deal than join Liverpool or Real Madrid in 2021’

Published

on

By

kylian mbappe more likely to sign a new psg deal than join liverpool or real madrid in 2021

Kylian Mbappe is more likely to sign a new deal with Paris Saint-Germain than join Liverpool or Real Madrid next summer, according to reports.

The striker is in the final two years of his contract with the French champions and there had been talk that the 21-year-old was considering his options amid interest from other clubs.

But French transfer expert Jonathan Johnson has told Sky Sports that Mbappe, who scored 30 goals in all competitions last season, is more likely to commit his future to PSG by signing an extension.

Kylian Mbappe is expected to sign a new deal with PSG rather than leave the club next summer

Kylian Mbappe is expected to sign a new deal with PSG rather than leave the club next summer

Kylian Mbappe is expected to sign a new deal with PSG rather than leave the club next summer

The striker is entering the final two years of his contract with the French side this season

The striker is entering the final two years of his contract with the French side this season

The striker is entering the final two years of his contract with the French side this season

‘There’s been a longstanding interest in Mbappe from Liverpool and Real Madrid,’ Johnson explained.

‘However, I don’t see PSG giving Mbappe up easily. I think if they need to they would probably allow him to enter the final 12 months of his contract in a bid to try to persuade him to extend his stay with the club, particularly based on their performance in the Champions League last season.

‘Kylian Mbappe is the future for this PSG project and I just don’t see them giving him up without a fight. I don’t think either of Real Madrid or Liverpool would be able to pay what PSG would even consider just to go to the table and negotiate next summer.

Liverpool and Real Madrid have shown interest in the striker but would struggle to afford him

Liverpool and Real Madrid have shown interest in the striker but would struggle to afford him

Liverpool and Real Madrid have shown interest in the striker but would struggle to afford him

‘With the coronavirus situation looking like it’s going to be here to stay for at least the next six to eight months, I think it’s going to be very difficult for any club to be able to enter into negotiations with PSG so I think more signs point to a contract extension making sense for Mbappe than it does angling for a move to a Liverpool or a Real Madrid.’ 

As reported by Sportsmail, Liverpool did make contact with the representative of Mbappe in the summer of 2017, when the then Monaco star was preparing to make his first big move on the European stage. 

But in November 2019, manager Jurgen Klopp said it would be virtually impossible for his side to bring the World Cup winner to Anfield.

‘(Buying) this calibre of player is difficult. I don’t see any club at the moment who can buy Kylian Mbappe from PSG.

‘I don’t see any club, that is how it is. We are involved in the clubs that cannot do it – it is as easy as that.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp previously said there is no chance the Reds could afford Mbappe

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp previously said there is no chance the Reds could afford Mbappe

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp previously said there is no chance the Reds could afford Mbappe

‘OK, from a sporting point of view, there are not a lot of reasons to not sign him – what a player he is! It is about the money, of course. No chance. Absolutely no chance.’

Real boss Zinedine Zidane is also thought to be an admirer of Mbappe but the LaLiga side have been hit by the financial impact of the on-going pandemic.

President Florentino Perez confirming there would be no big signings this summer and it remains to be seen whether they would be able to afford the Frenchman in 2021.

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Sports

Antonio Rudiger considering quitting Chelsea in summer transfer after Frank Lampard axes defender for Liverpool clash

Published

on

By

antonio rudiger considering quitting chelsea in summer transfer after frank lampard axes defender for liverpool clash

ANTONIO RUDIGER is reportedly considering a move away from Chelsea before deadline day.

Sky Sports claims the Germany international, 27, was left shocked after being axed from Frank Lampard’s squad for Sunday’s 2-0 home defeat to Liverpool.

Antonio Rudiger is considering his Chelsea future ahead of deadline day

2

Antonio Rudiger is considering his Chelsea future ahead of deadline dayCredit: Getty Images – Getty

Andreas Christensen and Kurt Zouma were preferred in the heart of defence.

And youngster Fikayo Tomori was selected on the bench before impressing as a second-half sub.

Chelsea now have five senior centre-backs at the club after signing Thiago Silva on a free transfer from Paris Saint-Germain.



There are also three prospects ready to break through from next season including Malang Sarr, Ethan Ampadu and Xavier Mbuyamba.

Rudiger has entered the final two years of his Chelsea contract.

And he is now believed to be weighing up his options with regular game time no longer guaranteed.

The former Stuttgart star joined Chelsea from Roma in 2017 for £30million.

Rudiger has played 115 times for the Blues, winning the 2018 FA Cup and 2019 Europa League.

But he is ready to turn his back on west London to secure his place in Germany’s squad for Euro 2021.

Boss Lampard also offered no words of comfort following Rudiger’s omission from the Liverpool game.

Lampard explained: “We have five centre halves at the club so I can’t pick three on the bench so that’s the way it is.

“I have to pick the squad via training, situations and the opponent.”

Chelsea's worst-ever flop XI includes Kepa and Bakayoko

2

Chelsea’s worst-ever flop XI includes Kepa and Bakayoko
Goalkeeper Edouard Mendy having medical at Chelsea with Kepa replacement on verge of transfer

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Douglas Costa ‘could make a shock move to Wolves from Juventus’

Published

on

By

douglas costa could make a shock move to wolves from juventus

Douglas Costa could be making a surprise transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers, according to Tuttosport

Agent Jorge Mendes, who also looks after Cristiano Ronaldo, is looking for a new club for Costa, who may not have much of a future at Juventus

He is currently looking to push forward a deal with Wolves, who just sold striker Diogo Jota to Liverpool

Agent Jorge Mendes is pushing for a Douglas Costa transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers

Agent Jorge Mendes is pushing for a Douglas Costa transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers

Agent Jorge Mendes is pushing for a Douglas Costa transfer to Wolverhampton Wanderers

The Brazilian striker's future at Juventus is uncertain under new manager Andrea Pirlo

The Brazilian striker's future at Juventus is uncertain under new manager Andrea Pirlo

The Brazilian striker’s future at Juventus is uncertain under new manager Andrea Pirlo

This leaves a spot open for Costa, but Juventus will likely also be looking for another replacement before allowing him to leave. 

His future under new boss Andrea Pirlo is uncertain, having only played an eight minute cameo in their 3-0 win over Sampdoria in Juventus’ first game of the Serie A season.

Since arriving at Juventus in 2018, Costa has made 102 appearances, scoring 10 goals and providing 21 assists. 

Costa has made 102 appearances since joining Juventus in 2018, scoring 10 goals

Costa has made 102 appearances since joining Juventus in 2018, scoring 10 goals

Costa has made 102 appearances since joining Juventus in 2018, scoring 10 goals

Costa joining Wolves could provide Nuno Espirito Santo with a potent attacking force. Combined with Adama Traore, the pair would create some frightening pace down the flanks.  

Fiorentina’s Federico Chiesa and Shanghai Shenhua’s Stephan El Shaarawy are said to be potential candidates to replace Costa in Turin, with new the club looking to bring in more Italian talent. Alvaro Morata has passed his medical for a return to the Old Lady.

Manchester United are also thought to be in the hunt for Costa, having put in an initial bid of £27million last month. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.