Connect with us

Sports

Mike Tyson looks in frightening shape with bulging leg muscles while training for return at 54 against Jones Jr

Published

on

mike tyson looks in frightening shape with bulging leg muscles while training for return at 54 against jones jr

MIKE TYSON has shown off his frightening shape as he prepares to make an eagerly anticipated boxing comeback aged 54.

Tyson is training to box fellow legend Roy Jones Jr, 51, in an eight-round exhibition on September 12 in California.

Mike Tyson looks in frightening shape as he prepares to make a boxing comeback aged 54

2

Mike Tyson looks in frightening shape as he prepares to make a boxing comeback aged 54

The youngest heavyweight champion of all time has been in the gym since March working alongside MMA coach Rafael Cordeiro.

Cordeiro shared an image of a trimmed down Tyson looking in sensational form – and fans are getting behind Iron Mike.

One said: “@miketyson looks like he is morphing into his old boxing self its an amazing journey to watch!”

Another said: “He looks massive.”

One added: “@miketyson is a legend. Keep being great.”

Tyson hasn’t fought since 2005, the night he retired after losing to Kevin McBride.

But on his comeback, the California State Athletic Commission, who have sanctioned the bout, urged the headliners to restrain from knockouts.

But Jones, who tried to fight Tyson in 2003, knows the commission “can’t control” the feared puncher and will treat the bout like any of his other 75.

RB TALE OF TAPE TYSON JR 2

He told Yahoo Sports: “It’s a sparring session, but you have to remember, I’m the small guy here.

“Andy Foster can’t control Mike once Mike gets in the ring. I’ve got to defend myself like I’m in a real fight.

“If Mike goes out there and decides to start hammering, what am I supposed to do, look at Andy? Hell no! I’ve got to defend myself and get back in it.”

Tyson will box Roy Jones Jr in an eight-round exhibition bout

2

Tyson will box Roy Jones Jr in an eight-round exhibition bout

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Man Utd looking to offload Sergio Romero after keeper’s heartbreak at Europa League snub

Published

on

By

man utd looking to offload sergio romero after keepers heartbreak at europa league snub

MANCHESTER UNITED are looking to find keeper Sergio Romero a new club after his Europa League heartbreak.

The Argentinian, 33, was upset about being overlooked for the semi-final defeat by Sevilla.

Romero could be on his way out of Man Utd after his Europa League snub

1

Romero could be on his way out of Man Utd after his Europa League snubCredit: Rex Features

He is now considering his future away from Old Trafford, sources close to the keeper have told SunSport.



Romero has been an understudy for several seasons but felt his big chance of fame was snatched away from him when Ole Gunnar Solskjaer recalled David De Gea.

Now South American insiders claim ex-Sampdoria star Romero wants to go to a new club and play.

And United chiefs are open to him leaving and currently working on the idea.

The Romero development will impact on Dean Henderson, who last month signed a mega new five-year deal on £120,000 a week.

He could be loaned out if the Red Devils have cover and a club would pay his wages.

United’s transfer team had been looking for possible European clubs who were after a top keeper like Henderson for a year.

But now those plans have all been put on hold.

pic1 2

Sign up to play Dream Team 2020/21 now

  • It’s completely free to play
  • Play the traditional Season game as well as Draft
  • There’s a hefty jackpot up for grabs across 2020/21
  • SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE

SunSport told you how Romero – who pockets £70,000 a week – was the Premier League’s highest benchwarmer last season.

He made £3.64m despite not playing a single minute in the top flight.

Everton had been looking at a move for Romero, according to reports, because he wanted to put pressure on Jordan Pickford.

Wilfried Zaha ‘disappeared’ from Man Utd action after rumours of affair with David Moyes’ daughter, admits Patrice Evra

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Gareth Bale rewarded us for keeping faith by breaking winless jinx and destroying Inter Milan

Published

on

By

gareth bale rewarded us for keeping faith by breaking winless jinx and destroying inter milan

THERE’S one thing I can guarantee about Gareth Bale’s return to Tottenham — he won’t be waiting 24 games for his first win!

I took the Tottenham manager’s job in October 2008 and everyone knew we had a special talent on our hands.

Gareth Bale showed the world how good he was when he destroyed Maicon and Inter Milan

4

Gareth Bale showed the world how good he was when he destroyed Maicon and Inter MilanCredit: News Group Newspapers Ltd
Gareth Bale was at his peak at Tottenham under Harry Redknapp

4

Gareth Bale was at his peak at Tottenham under Harry RedknappCredit: PA:Press Association
Wales superstar Gareth Bale won the Champions League with Real Madrid in 2018 but was increasingly sidelined in Spain

4

Wales superstar Gareth Bale won the Champions League with Real Madrid in 2018 but was increasingly sidelined in SpainCredit: Reuters

Yet for one reason or another, we never seemed to win a league game when Gareth was in the side, even though it was nothing to do with the lad himself.

League Cup, FA Cup, Europe, they were fine . . . it was just in the Premier League and it was a run that dragged on for ages.

Then, in January 2009, we had an FA Cup game at Manchester United and I was chatting to Sir Alex Ferguson, a big mate of mine, a few days beforehand.

Bale’s name cropped up and I remember Fergie saying: “I’m superstitious, I wouldn’t play him, I’d be thinking there was a jinx.”

I thought no more of it, Gareth played — and played well — but we lost the game and that was that.

It was only afterwards that it crossed my mind Sir Alex was probably trying to get me to drop him so he could nick him for tuppence ha’penny!

There was no way that was ever going to happen . . . just like there was no way I was ever going to let Gareth go on loan anywhere, despite all the rumours I’ve heard over the years.

He went from being rated the best full-back in the world to the crowd chanting “taxi for Maicon”. Gareth tore him to shreds and everyone in Europe realised what we already knew.

Apparently I was ready to let him go to Nottingham Forest for a spell — well, I can tell you now, that is 100 per cent rubbish.

They may have made a call to someone at Spurs, but certainly not me, because they’d have got a short and very blunt answer.

He may have had to wait for a Premier League win, but Bale was special. We saw it every day in training.

I’d known that since I watched him for Spurs against Fulham when I was Portsmouth boss and he had me and Joe Jordan drooling in the stands. They still only drew, mind!

In the end it took 20-odd matches for Gareth to finally win a Premier League game . . . and I made sure it was nailed on.

It was about seven games into the 2009-10 season, we were four up at home to Burnley and Gareth came off the bench for the last five minutes. No jinx was going to stop that!

Gareth Bale tormented Inter Milan amid a thrilling three weeks for the speedster when at Spurs first time around

4

Gareth Bale tormented Inter Milan amid a thrilling three weeks for the speedster when at Spurs first time aroundCredit: Action Images – Reuters

Spurs finished fourth that year and made the Champions League — and that’s when it took off for him.

In the space of three weeks he scored a hat-trick in the San Siro as we lost 4-3 to Inter, then ran riot when we beat them at White Hart Lane and destroyed Maicon in both.

He went from being rated the best full-back in the world to the crowd chanting “taxi for Maicon”.

Gareth tore him to shreds and everyone in Europe realised what we already knew.

Bale was actually playing left-back when I went to Spurs, with Luka Modric — who I was determined to use through the middle — on the wing.

Everyone at the club told me Luka was too small to be in there, but I was sure we’d get more from him centrally, while Gareth would be a star pushed further forward.

I don’t think too many would question the decision if you asked them now. He was a fantastic talent, every day he’d do something in training that took your breath away, whether it was his pace, one of those incredible dribbles, or a 30-yard screamer.

Sign up to play Dream Team 20/21 now

  • It’s completely free to play
  • Play the traditional Season game as well as Draft
  • There’s a hefty jackpot up for grabs across 2020/21
  • SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE

And he’s definitely the guy who can make all the difference to Tottenham’s season because, to be honest, they looked pretty ordinary last week against Everton.

They’ve got the best stadium, the best training ground and Daniel Levy knows they must have Champions League football to go with it — and Gareth can take them there.

Look at the squad Jose Mourinho’s got . . . Harry Kane, Son Heung-min, Dele Alli, Lucas Moura — it’s full of internationals.

Now they are adding Bale to the list because the top four is a must for them. Anything else is a failure.

So the pressure will be on for Gareth to deliver, and he has to be given a bit of time to settle in.

But he won’t need long. He’s a fit lad, keeps himself in shape and he knows about the Premier League.

It makes me laugh when some say he leaves Madrid as a failure.
Four Champions League medals says otherwise, never mind anything else.

And 105 goals for a winger isn’t too shabby, especially when you have people raving over some centre- forwards who’ve got 13 in a season.

He was a sensation before and he’ll be a sensation again. I wouldn’t mind managing a team of flops if they were all as bad as Gareth!

Gareth Bale arrives at Tottenham training centre for transfer talks

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Joshua Buatsi delighted to be back in the saddle as he targets Anthony Yarde and Callum Johnson

Published

on

By

JOSHUA BUATSI will race through the gears on his boxing comeback after 13 months out, with two fellow Brits in his crosshairs.

The 27-year-old light-heavyweight gets back in the saddle on October 4 in a tune-up bout against Marko Calic.

Joshua Buatsi returns on October 4 in a tune-up bout against Marko Calic

4

Joshua Buatsi returns on October 4 in a tune-up bout against Marko CalicCredit: Richard Pelham – The Sun
The cycling nut wants to overtake Callum Johnson and long-time rival Anthony Yarde

4

The cycling nut wants to overtake Callum Johnson and long-time rival Anthony YardeCredit: Richard Pelham – The Sun

But the two English rivals the cycling nut wants to overtake are Matchroom stablemate Callum Johnson and long-time rival Anthony Yarde.

The competition with 29-year-old Yarde — who boxes on a rival TV network under promoter Frank Warren — is on the backburner until one of the Londoners lands a world title.

But 35-year-old Johnson, who challenged bravely for a world title at the end of 2018, is one Buatsi wheelie fancies.

The Anthony Joshua-managed ace said: “The Callum Johnson fight would be easier to make as we are in the same weight class, promotional team and country.

“Just by being in this sport I think we all make it clear that we want the best fights but there is always more to it sadly.

“I watched the first couple of rounds of Anthony Yarde’s recent fight and then just got on with my evening but it was good he got back to winning ways.

“It’s hard to say if we will fight, we both want to, but the politics can make it difficult.

“I know it is the main fight that people want to see so, if the two promoters can come together and get to an agreement, I am sure us two fighters will take it on.”

When gyms were closed for the Covid-19 lockdown, Buatsi hit the steepest hills in London and Kent

4

When gyms were closed for the Covid-19 lockdown, Buatsi hit the steepest hills in London and KentCredit: Richard Pelham – The Sun
He raced Team GB heavyweight star Cheavon Clarke on two wheels

4

He raced Team GB heavyweight star Cheavon Clarke on two wheelsCredit: Richard Pelham – The Sun

When gyms were closed for the Covid-19 lockdown, Buatsi hit the steepest hills in London and Kent to race Team GB heavyweight star Cheavon Clarke on two wheels.

Typically he gave his new hobby 100 per cent and had to be reminded to swap the helmet for a sparring headguard once he could get back to the day job.

Buatsi added: “Boxing is my bread and butter. I am not a professional cyclist and a couple of people reminded me of that so as soon as the gyms reopened I got back to the grind.

“I had fun beating Cheavon in every race but I was happy to get my career back on track.”

Katie Taylor leaves young boxer in tears when world champion makes surprise appearance in video to give her advice

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.