Connect with us

Sports

Mike Tyson looks in frightening shape with bulging muscles in his legs while training for return at 54 against Jones Jr

Published

on

mike tyson looks in frightening shape with bulging muscles in his legs while training for return at 54 against jones jr

MIKE TYSON has shown off his frightening shape as he prepares to make a boxing comeback aged 54.

Tyson is training to box fellow legend Roy Jones Jr, 51, in an eight-round exhibition on September 12 in California.

Mike Tyson looks in frightening shape as he prepares to make a boxing comeback aged 54

2

Mike Tyson looks in frightening shape as he prepares to make a boxing comeback aged 54

The youngest heavyweight champion of all time has been in the gym since March working alongside MMA coach Rafael Cordeiro.

Cordeiro shared an image of a trimmed down Tyson looking in sensational form – and fans are getting behind Iron Mike.

One said: “@miketyson looks like he is morphing into his old boxing self its an amazing journey to watch!”

Another said: “He looks massive.”

One added: “@miketyson is a legend. Keep being great.”

Tyson has not fought since 2005, the night he retired after losing to Kevin McBride.

But on his comeback, the California State Athletic Commission, who have sanctioned the bout, urged the headliners to restrain from knockouts.

But Jones, who tried to fight Tyson in 2003, knows the commission “can’t control” the feared puncher and will treat the bout like any of his other 75.

RB TALE OF TAPE TYSON JR 2

He told Yahoo Sports: “It’s a sparring session, but you have to remember, I’m the small guy here.

“Andy Foster can’t control Mike once Mike gets in the ring. I’ve got to defend myself like I’m in a real fight.

“If Mike goes out there and decides to start hammering, what am I supposed to do, look at Andy? Hell no! I’ve got to defend myself and get back in it.”

Tyson will box Roy Jones Jr in an eight-round exhibition bout

2

Tyson will box Roy Jones Jr in an eight-round exhibition bout

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Jordon Ibe ‘set to undergo medical at Derby ahead of signing two-year deal’

Published

on

By

jordon ibe set to undergo medical at derby ahead of signing two year deal

Former Liverpool youngster Jordon Ibe is set to undergo a medical at Derby County ahead of signing a two-year deal at the Championship club, it has been reported.

Ibe was released by Bournemouth at the end of last season after a difficult four seasons on and off the pitch in which he scored just three Premier League goals.

In his final campaign at the Vitality Stadium, he played just four matches in all competitions and failed to score a single goal.

Jordon Ibe is set to undergo a medical at Derby County on Monday ahead of signing a contract

Jordon Ibe is set to undergo a medical at Derby County on Monday ahead of signing a contract

Jordon Ibe is set to undergo a medical at Derby County on Monday ahead of signing a contract 

The forward spent four years at Bournemouth but was released from his contract last month

The forward spent four years at Bournemouth but was released from his contract last month

The forward spent four years at Bournemouth but was released from his contract last month 

Ibe enjoyed a loan spell at Derby County back in 2014-15, playing 20 Championship games

Ibe enjoyed a loan spell at Derby County back in 2014-15, playing 20 Championship games

Ibe enjoyed a loan spell at Derby County back in 2014-15, playing 20 Championship games

The now 24-year-old spoke out about the difficulties of his time at the club in a recent podcast interview, admitting he was affected by online abuse and failed to click with manager Eddie Howe.

He also spent time in rehab for his mental health after crashing his £130,000 Bentley supercar into a cafe.

He was charged with driving without due care and attention and failing to stop at the scene of an accident last November. 

Ibe is now set for pastures new and will return to one of his former clubs in Derby County, according to the Telegraph.

The former Liverpool youngster moved to Bournemouth for £15m but scored only five times

The former Liverpool youngster moved to Bournemouth for £15m but scored only five times

The former Liverpool youngster moved to Bournemouth for £15m but scored only five times

He moved to Anfield as a 16-year-old and has previously spent a season on loan at Pride Park

He moved to Anfield as a 16-year-old and has previously spent a season on loan at Pride Park

He moved to Anfield as a 16-year-old and has previously spent a season on loan at Pride Park 

The forward spent a season on loan there from Liverpool in 2014-15, scoring five goals in 20 Championship appearances. 

He is set to sign a two-year contract under Phillip Cocu and is likely to go straight into the squad for the home game against Blackburn Rovers on Saturday.

The end of October sees Derby travel to the south coast to face Bournemouth, where Ibe could come up against his former club.

The England youth star cost the Cherries £15million when he arrived from Anfield, but failed to hit the heights expected of him in the Premier League. 

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Sports

9am Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Alex Telles £18m fee ‘too high for Woodward’, Lingard to Spurs, Sancho deal expected

Published

on

By

9am man utd transfer news live alex telles 18m fee too high for woodward lingard to spurs sancho deal

MANCHESTER UNITED looked all set to sign Alex Telles but Ed Woodward has thrown a spanner into the works, according to reports in Porto.

However, the Red Devils CEO is said to be quietly confident that Dortmund will drop their £108m asking price for Jadon Sancho.

Sign up to play Dream Team 2020/21 now

  • It’s completely free to play
  • Play the tradtional Season game as well as Draft
  • There’s a hefty jackpot up for grabs across 2020/21
  • SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE

Get all the latest news and transfer gossip here…

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

9am Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Rice ‘must request move’, Kante ‘not a holding midfielder’, Mendy quarantine LATEST

Published

on

By

9am chelsea transfer news live rice must request move kante not a holding midfielder mendy quarantine latest

CHELSEA are close to securing the signing of goalkeeper Edouard Mendy, after Rennes’ manager confirmed the stopper WILL join the Blues.

And Frank Lampard is reportedly set to step up his pursuit of Declan Rice after concluding that N’Golo Kante is not a holding midfielder.

Sign up to play Dream Team 20/21 now

  • It’s completely free to play
  • Play the tradtional Season game as well as Draft
  • There’s a hefty jackpot up for grabs across 2020/21
  • SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE

Get all the latest transfer gossip and updates below…

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.