Connect with us

Sports

Neil Warnock tests positive for coronavirus and will MISS Middlesbrough’s clash with Bournemouth

Published

on

neil warnock tests positive for coronavirus and will miss middlesbroughs clash with bournemouth

Neil Warnock will miss Middlesbrough’s Championship clash with Bournemouth on Saturday after testing positive for Covid-19

The 71-year-old manager is understood to be self-isolating in the north east after returning a positive result following a routine test at the club’s training ground earlier this week.

Middlesbrough are not thought to have recorded any other positive test results among their playing squad, who are training as normal this week in the build-up to their first home game of the season at the Riverside Stadium on Saturday. 

Neil Warnock will miss Middlesbrough's game with Bournemouth after a positive Covid-19 test

Neil Warnock will miss Middlesbrough's game with Bournemouth after a positive Covid-19 test

Neil Warnock will miss Middlesbrough’s game with Bournemouth after a positive Covid-19 test

Warnock will pick the team, but be restricted to watching the match on television, with assistants Kevin Blackwell and Ronnie Jepson taking charge on match day.

Warnock’s positive test will further raise concerns about the potential for Covid-19 to spread throughout clubs in the EFL following changes to the testing regime. 

All Championship clubs were tested weekly last season, but as Sportsmail revealed earlier this week that is no longer mandatory after the EFL altered protocols and some clubs are only testing players after they return from international duty. 

As a result Premier League clubs have become concerned about the risk of infection when meeting EFL sides in the Carabao Cup, with at least one top-flight outfit paying for their opponents to have tests before this week’s second-round tie.

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Tyron Woodley says ‘Black Lives Matter’ to every question in press conference ahead of UFC headliner vs Colby Covington

Published

on

By

tyron woodley says black lives matter to every question in press conference ahead of ufc headliner vs colby covington scaled

TYRON WOODLEY answered every question in the press conference before his grudge match with Colby Covington by saying ‘Black Lives Matter’.

The former UFC welterweight champion faces his bitter rival on Saturday and used the headliner to make a political statement.

Tyron Woodley wearing a 'Black Lives Matter' t-shirt

2

Tyron Woodley wearing a ‘Black Lives Matter’ t-shirt
Colby Covington is an avid Donald Trump supporter

2

Colby Covington is an avid Donald Trump supporter

Woodley, 38, wore a Black Lives Matter t-shirt as he held a separate press conference to Covington, 32.

He also had a hat on with the words ‘Make Racists Catch The Fade Again’, in the same style as the ‘Make America Great’ cap president Donald Trump made famous.

Covington – a vocal supporter of Trump – in contrast wore a similar red cap with ‘Keep America Great’ written across.

During Woodley’s conference, he replied with similar responses such as ‘I just think that Black Lives Matter,’ and ‘I hope they realise Black Lives Matter.’

In an interview with ESPN, earlier this week and the American confirmed he would have Black Lives Matter written on his shorts against Covington.

Woodley also wants the UFC to do more to support the movement and and take inspiration from NBA, who allowed players to wear Black Lives Matter on their jerseys during the play-offs.

The UFC star said: “I wish the UFC would do a little bit more; I’m really not happy with that.

“I had a long conversation with Dana White about it when the riots happened at Ferguson. I wanted them to utilise me to show a positive spin.

“Let’s go give back. Let’s go do seminars with these kids. Mixed martial arts is an affordable martial art that they can do.

“Start doing seminars, bring some of these guests in and have them talk to the kids about life and what martial arts and the discipline has given to them.”

Covington fired back at Woodley during his separate press conference, as he said: “Tyron asked not to engage with me in person, doing his little thing.

“He’s trying to copy what I do – he’s the only one that’s racist.

“And the only race there is in this fight is the race to get him out of the UFC.”

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Real Madrid reassign Gareth Bale’s No11 shirt BEFORE he officially joins Tottenham in brutal parting blow

Published

on

By

real madrid reassign gareth bales no11 shirt before he officially joins tottenham in brutal parting blow scaled

REAL MADRID have wasted no time in cutting ties with Gareth Bale after handing his No11 shirt to Marco Asensio.

Incredibly, Los Blacos’ actions have come BEFORE the Welshman has even completed his stunning return to Tottenham.

Real Madrid have already taken away Gareth Bale's No11 jersey

3

Real Madrid have already taken away Gareth Bale’s No11 jerseyCredit: PA:Press Association
Marco Asensio has inherited Bale's shirt, with Vinicius Jr taking the No20

3

Marco Asensio has inherited Bale’s shirt, with Vinicius Jr taking the No20

Bale arrived in England on Friday morning to put the finishing touches on his incredible £20million season-long loan move.

The 31-year-old returns to north London after seven years in Madrid, where he won two LaLiga titles and four Champions Leagues.

And Jose Mourinho will be hoping Bale, who could be deployed in a central role alongside Harry Kane, can replicate the form that secured his £86m Real switch in 2013.

Despite his success in Spain, Bale’s relationship with the Real hierarchy was never easy.

And he also became a target for frustrated fans due to his relaxed attitude despite pocketing £500,000 each week in wages.

Bale came close to leaving Real last year for the Chinese Super League on a free transfer before the move was axed.

And there still appears to be no love lost between player and club after Real took away Bale’s No11 jersey on Friday.

The squad number has now been given to fellow winger Marco Asensio, who missed most of last season after rupturing his ACL.

Sign up to play Dream Team 2020/21 now

  • It’s completely free to play
  • Play the traditional Season game as well as Draft
  • There’s a hefty jackpot up for grabs across 2020/21
  • SIGN UP TO PLAY HERE
LB GRAPHIC GARETH BALE2

3

He joins the likes of Ronaldo, Michael Owen and Arjen Robben to wear the No11.

And the move also suggests that there may be no way back for Bale at the Bernabeu, despite his Spurs switch only being a loan.

Meanwhile, Asensio’s former No20 has been given to young Brazilian winger Vinicius Jr.

But Bale’s focus will be solely on his season with Spurs, where he was named PFA Players’ Player of the year TWICE while also netting 26 goals in his final campaign.

Gareth Bale arrives at Tottenham training centre for transfer talks

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Top 10 UFC heavyweights ranked, with Miocic, Blaydes and Ngannou kings of the Octagon

Published

on

By

UFC’s heavyweight division has continued to flourish despite the departure of greats like Daniel Cormier, Cain Velasquez and Randy Couture.

Heavyweight champion Stipe Miocic sits at the top of the division, but other fighters such as Francis Ngannou, Curtis Blaydes and Derrick Lewis are right on the champ’s heels.

UFC Heavyweight champion, Stipe Miocic sits atop of the heavyweight division

11

UFC Heavyweight champion, Stipe Miocic sits atop of the heavyweight divisionCredit: Getty Images – Getty

Here’s our top 10 current UFC heavyweights.

10: Augusto Sakai

Japanese-Brazilian fighter Augusto Sakai starts off our list.

Sakai, a former Bellator fighter, made his UFC debut on September 22, 2018, at UFC Fight Night 137. He picked up a technical knockout victory (TKO) over Chase Sherman in the third round.

Augusto Sakai's weigh-in before his September 5 bout against Alistair Overeem

11

Augusto Sakai’s weigh-in before his September 5 bout against Alistair OvereemCredit: Handout – Getty

With five fights under his UFC resume, Sakai won his first four bouts until he was knocked out by Alistair Overeem on September 5, at UFC Fight Night 176.

The 29-year-old has work to put in in the Octagon if he wants a shot at Stipe Miocic’s title.

9: Walt Harris

After being released by the UFC in 2013, Walt Harris returned to the company a year later and faced Soa Palelei at UFC Fight Night 55.

The 37-year-old has had a bumpy career since returning to the UFC; he’s participated in 12 fights, lost five of them and had one overturned after testing positive for Ligandrol.

Walt Harris (R) faced off against Alistair Overeem (L) at UFC on ESPN on May 16, 2020

11

Walt Harris (R) faced off against Alistair Overeem (L) at UFC on ESPN on May 16, 2020Credit: Getty Images – Getty

Harris fought Alistair Overeem at UFC on ESPN on May 16, 2020, where he lost the bout by TKO.

8: Alistair Overeem

The nine-year veteran, Alistair Overeem, 40, arrived on the UFC scene in convincing fashion by picking up a TKO victory over Brock Lesnar at UFC 141.

Since his debut in 2011, Overeem has participated in 19 UFC fights with seven losses.

Nine-year veteran, Alistair Overeem cracked our top 10 list, making it at number eight.

11

Nine-year veteran, Alistair Overeem cracked our top 10 list, making it at number eight.Credit: Getty Images – Getty

Overeem had his title shot against Miocic at UFC 203 in 2016, but failed to capture the gold, losing by KO.

His most recent victory came over Sakai at UFC Fight Night 176, when he KO’d the Japanese-Brazilian fighter on September 5.

7: Junior Dos Santos

Junior Dos Santos, 36, arrived on the scene at UFC in 2008 and made an immediate impact since he stepped foot in the Octagon.

The Brazilian has participated in 22 fights since arriving on the scene 12 years ago and only lost seven.

Junior Dos Santos make the list at number seven, as he's currently on a three fight losing streak

11

Junior Dos Santos make the list at number seven, as he’s currently on a three fight losing streakCredit: Getty Images – Getty

His heavyweight stock has taken a hit as he’s currently on a three fight losing streak.

Santos faced Jairzinho Rozenstruik at UFC 252 on August 15, 2020, but lost the bout by TKO in the second round.

6: Alexander Volkov

Alexander Volkov, 31, made his UFC debut four years ago at UFC Fight Night on November 19, 2016.

The Russian has fought seven times since, losing only twice.

Volkov’s only big fight came this year, against Curtis Blaydes in the main event of UFC on ESPN, which he lost via unanimous decision (UD).

Prior to that fight, the Russian was expected to face Overeem on April 20, 2019, but Volkov pulled out from the contest for undisclosed reasons.

Alexander Volkov, 31, made his UFC debut four years ago at UFC Fight Night on November 19, 2016

11

Alexander Volkov, 31, made his UFC debut four years ago at UFC Fight Night on November 19, 2016Credit: AP:Associated Press

He was also scheduled to face Dos Santos on November 9, 2019, however, Dos Santos was forced to pull out due to contracting a serious bacterial infection.

He’s scheduled to fight Walt Harris on October 25, 2020 at UFC 254.

5: Derrick Lewis

Derrick Lewis, 35, made his UFC debut six years ago. During that time he’s fought the likes of Junior Dos Santos, Daniel Cormier, Alexander Volkov and Francis Ngannou.

The 35-year-old fought Daniel Cormier for the UFC Heavyweight title at UFC 230 in 2018, but lost the contest via submission after Cormier put him in a rear-naked choke.

Derrick Lewis holds the UFC record for most heavyweight knock outs with 11

11

Derrick Lewis holds the UFC record for most heavyweight knock outs with 11Credit: AP:Associated Press

In his latest fight, he faced Aleksei Oleinik at UFC Fight Night on August 8, 2020, where he broke the UFC record for most heavyweight knockout’s with 11.

Lewis is currently riding a three fight winning streak by beating Oleinik, Ilir Latifi and Blagoy Ivanov.

4: Jairzinho Rozenstruik

Jairzinho Rozenstruik has shown why he is one of the best heavyweights in the UFC thus far.

The 32-year-old made his UFC debut in February 2019 and has competed in six fight, losing just once.

Before making the transition to the UFC, Rozenstruik fought all over the world in countries such as Japan, Russia, Brazil and his home of Suriname.

Jairzinho Rozenstruik made it on our list at the number four slot, winning five of his six fights since his UFC debut

11

Jairzinho Rozenstruik made it on our list at the number four slot, winning five of his six fights since his UFC debutCredit: Getty Images – Getty

His overall professional MMA record stands at 11-1, with his only loss coming at the hands of Francis Ngannou at UFC 249 in May 2020.

Rozenstruik last fought against Dos Santos on August 15, 2020 at UFC 252. He won the fight via TKO in the second round.

3: Curtis Blaydes

Since making his UFC debut in 2016, Curtis Blaydes has been showcasing why he deserves a title shot against Miocic.

His only two losses came against Francis Ngannou, in his debut match at UFC Fight Night in 2016 and then again in 2018.

Curtis Blaydes' only two losses in the UFC came at the hands of Francis Ngannou

11

Curtis Blaydes’ only two losses in the UFC came at the hands of Francis NgannouCredit: Getty Images – Getty

Blaydes has defeated heavyweights such as Mark Hunt, Dos Santos, Volkov and Overeem.

The 29-year-old is scheduled to face Derrick Lewis on November 28, 2020 at UFC Fight Night 184.

2: Francis Ngannou

The man who is next in line at Miocic’s Heavyweight championship is Francis Ngannou.

UFC president Dana White spoke about Jon Jones’ jump to the heavyweight division and noted that Ngannou was next in line for a title shot.

“In my opinion, Jones is the greatest of all-time, and if he wants to come back and take a shot at the heavyweight championship, I wouldn’t have a problem with that,” White said.

Francis Ngannou is next in line for Stipe Miocic's Heavyweight title

11

Francis Ngannou is next in line for Stipe Miocic’s Heavyweight titleCredit: Getty Images – Getty

“But he can’t just jump in front of Ngannou right now.”

In 2018, Ngannou had his shot at the heavyweight title when he faced Miocic, but failed to capitalize on the moment losing the contest by UA.

The 34-year-old has beaten Blaydes twice, Dos Santos, Rozenstruik Overeem and even Cain Velasquez last year, when Velasquez was attempting a UFC comeback.

1: Stipe Miocic

The UFC heavyweight champ and nine-year veteran Stipe Miocic is currently on his second reign as champion.

The 38-year-old champ has only lost three times in the Octagon since his debut in 2011.

His first reign as champion came in 2016, after he defeated Fabricio Werdum by KO to win the title.

Stipe Miocic is currently on his second reign as UFC Heavyweight champion

11

Stipe Miocic is currently on his second reign as UFC Heavyweight championCredit: Getty Images – Getty

In 2018, he lost the title to Daniel Cormier at UFC 226 after four successful title defenses.

The following year at UFC 241, Miocic won his title back when he defeated Cormier in a rematch.

Miocic won the contest via TKO when he knocked out Cormier in the fourth round.

The trilogy between the two fighters took place on August 15, 2020, at UFC 252, as Miocic successfully defended the title and won by decision.

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.