Connect with us

Sports

Trevin Giles FAINTS before UFC Vegas 5 clash as opponent Kevin Holland accuses him of deliberately avoiding ‘smackdown’

Published

on

trevin giles faints before ufc vegas 5 clash as opponent kevin holland accuses him of deliberately avoiding smackdown scaled

UFC star Trevin Giles was forced out of his fight against Kevin Holland at UFC Vegas 5 after fainting backstage.

It was supposed to be the opening fight on the main-card, but was shelved after the middleweight collapsed.

Trevin Giles, right, fainted before his fight against Kevin Holand

2

Trevin Giles, right, fainted before his fight against Kevin HolandCredit: Getty Images – Getty

Giles’ management team later confirmed that he would be spending the night in hospital “for further medical evaluation”.

But his opponent Holland was sceptical of the incident, even accusing Giles of feigning illness.

In an interview with reporters at the event, the 27-year-old said: “In the back of my head, I’m honestly believing that he held his breath until he passed out.

“So that way, he didn’t get the smackdown.”


RINGSIDE NEWS LIVE: Follow for all the latest Boxing, UFC and WWE updates


Kevin Holland incredibly accused his opponent of 'holding his breath' to faint before their fight

2

Kevin Holland incredibly accused his opponent of ‘holding his breath’ to faint before their fightCredit: Getty Images – Getty

Giles wasn’t the only fighter spending the night in a ward.

British star Joanne Calderwood had to be rushed to hospital when she collapsed AFTER her defeat in Las Vegas.

Calderwood was beaten in the first round by Jennifer Maia.

Her heart rate dropped and she was immediately taken to hospital soon after the end of the bout.

Calderwood, 33, had been forced into a submission near the end of the first round.

The Scot’s camp, including coach John Wood, said she passed out soon after leaving the octagon.

She is now stable and conscious after responding to treatment.

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

UFC release Roman Bogatov after just ONE fight following disastrous showing and three point deduction on Fight Island

Published

on

By

ufc release roman bogatov after just one fight following disastrous showing and three point deduction on fight island scaled

THE UFC have released Roman Bogatov after just ONE fight following his disastrous Fight Island showing.

The Kazakhstani lightweight made his UFC debut on July 11 but a flurry of illegal shots mean it is likely to be his last bout.

The UFC have released Roman Bogatov after just ONE fight

1

The UFC have released Roman Bogatov after just ONE fight

Big things were expected of the 29-year-old as he joined the franchise with an impressive 10-0 record.

But he came unstuck against wily veteran Leonardo Santos at UFC 251 after a strong early showing.

Bogatov ended up losing after judges unanimously scored the bout 29-26 in Santos’ favour.


RINGSIDE NEWS LIVE: Click here for all the latest Boxing, UFC and WWE updates


However, it was the nature of the defeat that has seen him booted out of the UFC.

Bogatov poked Santos’ eye in the first round.

And in the third, ref Marc Goddard stopped the bout after Bogatov hit Santos with two low blows and then proceeded to knee him in the head when Santos was kneeling against the cage.

Goddard was heard shouting: “Woah stop… what are you doing?”

Bogatov was hit with a two-point deduction as a result and he registered his first professional loss.

The scrapper then confirmed his ejection in a statement to a Russian news agency but said he was not given a reason.

He told TASS: “Yes, they told me today they had terminated the contract.”

Speculation has also emerged suggesting the cancellation may also relate to an alleged Nazi tattoo spotted on Bogatov’s corner man Aleksey Kiser.

Kiser defended the picture that appeared to show a ‘Sonnenrad’ or ‘Black Sun’ and claimed: “It has another meaning, for me as a Slavic person.”

Paige VanZant shows off bum again in tiny pink bikini as ex-UFC star launches herself into pool while on holiday

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Sports

Premier League DISQUALIFY Bulgarian winner of their Fantasy Football game over a mystery rule break

Published

on

By

premier league disqualify bulgarian winner of their fantasy football game over a mystery rule break

The Premier League have sensationally disqualified the original winner of their 2019-20 Fantasy game for a mystery breach of the rules. 

Bulgarian player Aleksandar Antonov, who has a YouTube channel on Fantasy football called TooGoodFPL, was announced as the winner following the final round of Premier League games on July 26, finishing 18 points clear of second-placed Joshua Bull. 

However, the Premier League confirmed on Tuesday morning that Antonov has ‘been removed from FPL due to a breach of our terms’, with the Bulgarian tweeting that he would let people know why he was removed in a video this evening on his YouTube channel. 

Aleksandar Antonov had originally been named as the winner following the final round of games last month

However, the original winner's team simply showed as deleted after the update to the standings

Aleksandar Antonov has been disqualified from Fantasy Premier League on Tuesday morning

It means cancer researcher Joshua Bull has won the popular game for the 2019-20 season

It means cancer researcher Joshua Bull has won the popular game for the 2019-20 season

FPL 1ST PLACE PRIZES 

  • 7-night break in the UK including VIP hospitality at two 2020/21 Premier League matches
  • A week’s worth of experiences at popular tourist attractions courtesy of Visit Britain
  • Includes travel and 7 nights’ accommodation
  • TAG Heuer connected watch
  • Copy of FIFA 20 and a games console
  • Nike manager jacket
  • FPL goody bag consisting of a rucksack, t-shirt, mug, water bottle, stress ball, pen, pad and key ring

NB: Prizes were announced before the coronavirus outbreak

Advertisement

In response to query on social media as to whether he had multiple teams, Antonov said: ‘This is an easy one – no, I did not try to cheat in a game I play for fun. 

‘For more, tune in tonight, have a dayjob after all.

‘Joshua Bull, congrats (sic) on the win. Not the way you wanted to win it, not the way I wanted to lose it.’ 

Sportsmail contacted the Premier League for clarification on why the original winner was removed from the game, but did not elaborate on Tuesday morning’s statement

‘Following end-of-season checks, final standings have been updated within the game, leaving Southampton fan Joshua and his team ‘The Bulldozers’ top of the table,’ the statement read.

‘His score of 68 in Gameweek 38+, in which he played his Wildcard, was enough to hold off the challenge of Chris McGowan’s Aúpa Atleti and Will Turner’s Martial Mata’s LP.’

‘The team formerly occupying the No 1 position has been removed from FPL due to a breach of our terms.’

Bull, an Oxford University cancer researcher, could not hide his shock and excitement at being named as the official winner of Fantasy Premier League 2019-20, played by 7.6 million people.  

‘Wow, so it looks like the longest FPL season is getting even longer…’ he began on his Twitter page. 

New winner Joshua Bull reacted with shock after being announced as this season's champion

New winner Joshua Bull reacted with shock after being announced as this season’s champion

Antonov on the other hand insisted he did not cheat and would reveal all on Tuesday night

Antonov on the other hand insisted he did not cheat and would reveal all on Tuesday night

‘For everyone tweeting, I don’t know what’s going on either – I had an email from FPL this morning telling me that I’ve won(!), but I don’t know why.. 

‘And to address the obvious – clearly this isn’t how I would have wanted to win, and I don’t know any more than the rest of you about what’s happened!’

Rather comically, Bull has also updated his Twitter bio to include: ‘#FPL OR 1? 2? Your guess is as good as mine?’

The updated standings also means World chess champion Magnus Carlsen finishes in the top-10 worldwide, 42 points behind new winner Bull.  

The new standings means World chess champion Magnus Carlsen has finished in the top-10

The new standings means World chess champion Magnus Carlsen has finished in the top-10

Powered by: Daily Mail

Continue Reading

Sports

1pm Man Utd transfer news LIVE: Jadon Sancho chase still ON, Koulibaly cut price £63m deal, Coman loan wanted

Published

on

By

1pm man utd transfer news live jadon sancho chase still on koulibaly cut price 63m deal coman loan wanted
sancho coman koulibaly

MANCHESTER UNITED’s chase for Jadon Sancho is STILL on – but they have been left frustrated with the star’s wage demands.

And the Red Devils are reportedly preparing Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman as a backup option should Borussia Dortmund not budge on their £108m asking price.

Follow all the latest transfer updates and gossip from Old Trafford below…

Powered by: The Sun

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.