Connect with us

Sports

Whyte slams ‘idiot’ Wilder for sacking coach Mark Breland as he was ‘only person that didn’t care about money or fame’

Published

on

DILLIAN WHYTE has hit out at rival Deontay Wilder who axed trainer Mark Breland ahead of his trilogy bout against Tyson Fury.

The Bronze Bomber has parted ways with the 57-year-old – who has been a member of his corner for his entire 12-year professional career.

Dillian Whyte has spoke of his shock at Deontay Wilder axing coach Mark Breland

3

Dillian Whyte has spoke of his shock at Deontay Wilder axing coach Mark BrelandCredit: Mark Robinson Ltd
Breland had been working with the Bronze Bomber since he turned professional in 2008

3

Breland had been working with the Bronze Bomber since he turned professional in 2008Credit: Getty Images – Getty

Wilder, 34, was left incensed with the 1984 Olympic gold medallist after he threw in the towel in his defeat against the Gypsy King in February.

And with Wilder set to fight Fury for a third time at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, the American has decided to mix things up as he bids to become a two-time heavyweight champion.

Whyte has been left shocked by the announcement, as he came to the defence of Breland, 57.

Speaking to Sky Sports, the Body Snatcher said: “I think it’s the worst mistake he’s (Wilder) ever made.

“Because Mark Breland is the only person in his team that actually was a boxer and actually was a world champion. He was the only person that didn’t care about money or fame.

“Someone who was actually from an emotional point, someone who understands, thinking about his health and did the right thing by throwing the towel in, because he could have got seriously hurt.

“He was getting hit with punches that weren’t knocking him out, they were concussing him.

“Mark Breland knows what it’s like, because Mark Breland has been in the same position Wilder was in. He’s someone that cares about the athlete and the boxing side of things.

TM FURY WILDERV2

3

“Not just ‘Bomb Squad’, nonsense. He doesn’t care about that. He’s the only one in the team, you don’t see him running around and shouting and screaming. He’s just a little quiet guy, does his job.

“Deontay Wilder is an idiot, he clearly can’t see it. Good luck to him, it’s his team, he can do whatever he wants.

“But I think it’s a bad mistake. Mark Breland is the only one that knows boxing in his team.”

One person that could become part of Wilder’s corner is Floyd Mayweather, with the boxing legend offering to train his compatriot.

He said: “Tyson Fury‘s solid, he’s got skills.

“Deontay Wilder’s got bombs, but we can make his skills a lot better. I’m here to help fighters, even Wilder.

“I’m here, all he’s gotta do is let me know what he wanna do and we can make it happen.”

Floyd Mayweather offers to train Deontay Wilder for Tyson Fury third fight

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sports

Inside Karim Benzema’s astonishing tunnel bust-up as he tells Real Madrid team-mates NOT to pass ball to Vinicius Jr

Published

on

By

inside karim benzemas astonishing tunnel bust up as he tells real madrid team mates not to pass ball to vinicius jr

REAL MADRID appear to be in turmoil after footage emerged of Karim Benzema accusing team-mate Vinicius Jr of ‘playing against’ the team, according to reports.

The incident happened during half-time of Los Blancos’ 2-2 draw with Borussia Monchengladbach on Wednesday night.

Karim Benzema reportedly accused Vinicius Jr of not being a team player

4

Karim Benzema reportedly accused Vinicius Jr of not being a team playerCredit: TELEDOT DIRECT
Real Madrid headed into the dressing room 1-0 behind

4

Real Madrid headed into the dressing room 1-0 behindCredit: TELEDOT DIRECT

Real Madrid headed into the dressing room 1-0 behind in the Champions League group stage contest thanks to Marcus Thuram’s 33rd minute opener.

French TV station Telefoot released footage inside the tunnel of Benzema speaking with left-back Ferland Mendy.

The striker says to him: “Don’t play with him. On my mother’s life, he [Vinicius] is playing against us.”

Although he doesn’t reference the Brazilian winger in particular, Spanish publication Marca report how Vinicius Jr was the topic of conversation.

It was further reported how Mendy passed him the ball just three times in the second half.

Vinicius Jr is pictured standing just feet away from Benzema in the tunnel alongside Thibaut Courtois and Federico Valverde.

It went from bad to worse for Real when Thuram scored his second of the night on 58 minutes.

But late drama relieved the pressure on Zinedine Zidane when Benzema’s late goal and Casemiro’s last-gasp strike snatched a point.

Tempers were high with Vinicius Jr standing within earshot

4

Tempers were high with Vinicius Jr standing within earshotCredit: TELEDOT DIRECT

But the row is just the latest of problems mounting behind the scenes at the Bernabeu.

After the 3-1 El Clasico win over Barcelona, unused sub Isco was seen hitting out at Zidane.

He said team-mates Marcelo and Luka Modric: “If he has to bring me off, he substitutes me in minute 50 or 60 of the game, sometimes at half-time.

“If he has to put me on, he puts me on in the 80th minute.”

And captain Sergio Ramos was also critical of Isco and Marcelo following back-to-back defeats to Shakhtar and Cadiz.

Diario Sport claims Ramos blasted the pair for their underwhelming performances so far this term.

Zidane is under increasing pressure at Los Blancos and reports claim the club are ready to make their move for Mauricio Pochettino.

Real Madrid are a point off the top of the table in LaLiga. They recently lost to minnows Cadiz but bounced back with victory over Barcelona in El Clasico.

Meanwhile they lost their opening Champions League game at home to Shaktar Donetsk and after last night’s draw, face an uphill struggle to qualify for the knockout phase.

Isco was recently pictured criticising manager Zinedine Zidane

4

Isco was recently pictured criticising manager Zinedine Zidane
Zinedine Zidane vows to fight for Real Madrid until the last day

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Sports

Man Utd plan to bring 23,500 fans back to Old Trafford after two months of talks with Government over return

Published

on

By

man utd plan to bring 23500 fans back to old trafford after two months of talks with government over return scaled

MANCHESTER UNITED are plotting to bring back 23,500 fans to Old Trafford after two months of talks with the Government.

Premier League supporters are yet to return to the stands due to the coronavirus pandemic.

Man Utd are hoping to welcome 23.5000 socially distanced fans back to Old Trafford

1

Man Utd are hoping to welcome 23.5000 socially distanced fans back to Old TraffordCredit: Getty Images – Getty

Their absence has led to clubs taking a huge financial blow.

Brighton were allowed 2,000 fans at the Amex for their pre-season draw with Chelsea as a trial.

But there have been no instances of Prem supporters back in grounds since.



Other top clubs in Europe including Bayern Munich and Paris Saint-Germain have hosted fans this season.

And United hope to be the first English top-flight side to have supporters back.

Old Trafford boasts a mammoth 76,000 capacity.

And the Red Devils reckon they can safely fit 23,500 socially distanced fans in the mammoth arena.

Chief Operating Officer Collette Roche told Sky Sports: “We spent around two months working with the government guidelines to develop the right processes and measures.

LB MANUTD INS OUTSV3

“That’s to make sure we can have around 23,500 people in the stadium safely at social distancing.

“I guess sometimes it’s quite amusing to understand why people can gather in other settings such as in an aeroplane, restaurant or even in a cinema.

“But we know we’ve got the plans and the processes ready to deliver match day here safely.”

Indeed, United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claimed a full Old Trafford might have spurred his side on to victory in their 0-0 draw with Chelsea on Saturday.

He explained: “In the second half we pushed on and if the Stretford End is full, we might get that ball over the line.”

GL GRAPHIC man utd wages 13 OCT
Solskjaer slams ex-Man Utd stars for attacking Mason Greenwood

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Sports

3pm Chelsea news LIVE: Krasnodar build up, Rudiger set ‘to return to squad’, Ziyech fitness test

Published

on

By

3pm chelsea news live krasnodar build up rudiger set to return to squad ziyech fitness test
BLOG CHELSEA NEWS 2 3

CHELSEA face Krasnodar in Russia in the Champions League this week.

On the transfer front, the Blues are reportedly offering Declan Rice £120,000-a-week to join the club in January.

Get all the latest updates from Stamford Bridge here…

This post first appeared on thesun.co.uk

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2020 DiazHub.