Connect with us

News

Former Peruvian mayor’s body falls from coffin while being lowered into grave

Published

on

This is the moment the coffin of a former mayor is dropped inside his grave by bungling funeral staff – and his body falls out – to the screams of a large group of mourners.

The body of Moises Tacuri Garcia, mayor of the province of Tarma in the central Peruvian region of Junin, was interred during a ceremony, with 3,000 people gathered to pay their respects.

Watch the dramatic moment in the video above

However, as the coffin was being lowered into the grave, one end tumbled into the hole and the former mayor’s body fell out.

The video footage shows the moment workers lower the coffin into the hole with ropes, and the pair at the far end appears to lose grip under the coffin’s weight.

More on 7NEWS.com.au

Mourners scream as Garcia’s body tumbles out.

Local media said the funeral continued as normal after the embarrassing incident.

Garcia died of a heart attack on November 4, and local authorities held a two-day mourning period.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Powerball: Winning numbers for $40 MILLION jackpot are revealed   

Published

on

By

One lucky Australian could be $40million richer after Thursday night’s Powerball draw.

The division one prize has soared over the past five weeks, with no winners of the major prize in that time. 

The numbers for draw 1227 are 1, 12, 3, 2, 25, 13 and 23 – and the Powerball was 1.

One lucky Australian could be $40million richer after Thursday night's Powerball draw (stock)

One lucky Australian could be $40million richer after Thursday night's Powerball draw (stock)

One lucky Australian could be $40million richer after Thursday night’s Powerball draw (stock)

The Lott spokesperson Matt Hart said any division one winners tonight would join the 12 other Australians who have won a multi-million-dollar Powerball prize so far this year.

‘2019 has been a historic year for Powerball, with record-breaking jackpots offered and a delighted dozen receiving more than $477.5 million worth of life-changing prize money,’ he said.

‘But the year isn’t over yet! We’re eagerly anticipating our next Powerball division one winner, who will be our 13th for the year. Being 13th never sounded so good!

‘Will we crown that winner tonight? Only time will tell.’

 

 

Continue Reading

News

UK’s Salmond pleads not guilty to rape

Published

on

By

Alex Salmond has pleaded not guilty to attempting to rape a woman at Bute House, the official residence of the first minister of Scotland, during the independence referendum campaign.

The 64-year-old appeared at the High Court in Edinburgh on Thursday to face allegations of offences against 10 women.

They include a charge of attempted rape, 11 of sexual assault – including one with intent to rape – and two of indecent assault.

The charges span a period between June 29 2008 and November 11 2014, with one sexual assault said to have taken place in the month of the historic referendum.

Salmond attempted to rape a woman at Bute House in Edinburgh in June 2014, the indictment alleges.

It is said he placed her legs over his, repeatedly kissed her face and neck, groped her, then blocked her path.

Salmond is then said to have pinned her against a wall, pulled at her clothes and stripped himself naked before trying to rape her on a bed.

The former MP is also accused of sexually assaulting a woman with intent to rape in December 2013.

He is alleged to have forced a woman to lie on his bed at the first minister’s official residence then pulled up her dress with intent to rape her.

Both incidents were said to have taken place between the date of the Edinburgh Agreement in 2012 and the day of the independence vote in September 2014.

Meanwhile, the first of the charges involved incidents where Salmond allegedly indecently assaulted a woman by kissing her mouth and groping her on various occasions around Glasgow between June 29 2008 and July 24 2008.

It is also alleged he sexually assaulted a woman on various occasions between May 2011 and June 2013 at the Scottish Parliament, Bute House and elsewhere by touching her bottom and stroking other parts of her body.

Salmond – who was Scotland’s first minister from 2007 to 2014 – is also accused of taking off a woman’s shoe and trying to kiss her foot in October 2013.

The indictment states that in September 2014, Salmond grabbed a woman by her shoulders at Bute House, repeatedly kissed her face, tried to kiss her lips and touched her leg and face.

Several charges involved the accused allegedly groping women, including one incident at the Ubiquitous Chip restaurant in Glasgow in March 2012.

Gordon Jackson QC, representing Salmond, said his client denied the allegations.

Judge Lady Dorrian continued the preliminary hearing until January 22 and set a trial date for March 9, which is expected to last four weeks.

Continue Reading

News

Terrorist who helped mastermind 2002 Bali bombings could soon be a free man

Published

on

By

A terrorist who helped orchestrate the 2002 Bali nightclub bombings could soon walk free, with authorities revealing they will support his parole application. 

Umar Patek helped mastermind the atrocity which killed 202 people, including 88 Australians, nearly one year after the September 11 attacks on October 12.  

His Filipino wife secured Indonesian citizenship on Wednesday as a ‘thank you’ to Patek for denouncing terrorism while serving his 20-year sentence.

Prison authorities who attended the citizenship ceremony at Porong jail in East Java said they will support Patek’s application for parole when the time comes.  

Umar Patek (pictured while being escorted by security guards in Bali in 2011), could walk free from jail by 2023

Umar Patek (pictured while being escorted by security guards in Bali in 2011), could walk free from jail by 2023

Umar Patek (pictured while being escorted by security guards in Bali in 2011), could walk free from jail by 2023

Police and onlookers view the site of the bomb blast in Bali on October 13, 2002

Police and onlookers view the site of the bomb blast in Bali on October 13, 2002

Police and onlookers view the site of the bomb blast in Bali on October 13, 2002

Porong prison Governor Tonny Naniggolan said Patek will first need to served two-thirds of his sentence, which means he could be released in 2023.

‘Not only me [will support the application], but also the National Agency for Combating Terrorism… and others,’ he told 7 News, noting Petek had been a ‘well-behaved’ prisoner.  

As officials watched on, Patek addressed the crowd at his wife’s citizenship ceremony and shared a message about terrorism. 

‘My message is clear, don’t do any terror acts because the Indonesian Government maintains the safety and comfort of all regions to perform worship,’ he said. 

Patek (left) with his wife Ruqayyah Binti Husein Luceno (right), who was granted Indonesian citizen on Wednesday

Patek (left) with his wife Ruqayyah Binti Husein Luceno (right), who was granted Indonesian citizen on Wednesday

Patek (left) with his wife Ruqayyah Binti Husein Luceno (right), who was granted Indonesian citizen on Wednesday 

Patek, who was nicknamed ‘Demolition Man’ by Indonesian investigators, fled the country for nine years to the Philippines and Pakistan after the bombings. 

He was captured in January 2011 in Abbottabad – where Osama bin Laden was killed by U.S Navy Seals just a few months later.

Patek was one of Asia’s most wanted terror suspects at the time, with a AUD$1.47million reward for anyone who could find him. 

He was extradited back to Indonesia where he faced trial over the attacks – as well as his role in the Christmas Eve bombings at churches in 2000 – and jailed for 20 years. 

He married his wife Ruqayyah Binti Husein Luceno in Mindanao, Philippines – an area with a large population of Muslims – while he was a Jihadist. 

Buildings and cars are seen burning after bomb blast that left 202 people dead

Buildings and cars are seen burning after bomb blast that left 202 people dead

Buildings and cars are seen burning after bomb blast that left 202 people dead 

Patek gives a thumbs up as he leaves court under heavy security after his trial in Jakarta on February 13, 2012

Patek gives a thumbs up as he leaves court under heavy security after his trial in Jakarta on February 13, 2012

Patek gives a thumbs up as he leaves court under heavy security after his trial in Jakarta on February 13, 2012 

During the terror attack, a 700kg bomb hidden inside a van parked outside Sari Club in Kuta Beach had exploded.  

Most of the victims were foreign tourists. 

Patek, whose real name is Hisyan bin Alizien, was recruited into Al-Qaida-linked terror group Jemaah Islamiyah by Dulmatin, a fellow militant.

Indonesia, the world’s most populous Muslim-majority nation, has been battling militants since the Bali bombings. 

Attacks aimed at foreigners have been largely replaced in recent years by smaller, less deadly strikes targeting the government, mainly police and anti-terrorism forces and local ‘infidels.’ 

More than 200 people, including 88 Australians, were killed in the blast after a bomb hidden inside a car parked outside the club exploded on October 12, 2002

More than 200 people, including 88 Australians, were killed in the blast after a bomb hidden inside a car parked outside the club exploded on October 12, 2002

More than 200 people, including 88 Australians, were killed in the blast after a bomb hidden inside a car parked outside the club exploded on October 12, 2002

Continue Reading

Trending

Copyright © 2019 DiazHub.