Connect with us

News

Prince Andrew stayed with millionaire tycoon accused of raping teenagers

Published

on

Prince Andrew stayed with millionaire tycoon accused of raping teenagers
Prince Andrew visited Peter Nygard at his Bahamas estate in 2000 (Picture: Reuters/Peter Nygard Global)

Prince Andrew visited a millionaire tycoon who is accused of raping 10 women, some as young as 14 years old.

Finnish-Canadian fashion executive Peter Nygard, 78, ran a ‘sex trafficking scheme’ in the Bahamas that destroyed innocent lives, a 99-page lawsuit claims.

He allegedly told young girls he could make them models before sexually assaulting them and forcing them into performing ‘deviant acts’ between 2008 and 2015.

The Duke of York is reported to have taken his family to stay with the businessman at his luxury Bahamas estate after Nygard agreed out-of-court settlements with three employees who accused him of sexual harassment, according to MailOnline.

BEVERLY HILLS, CA - FEBRUARY 28: Peter Nygard attends Norby Walters' 26th Annual Night of 100 Stars Oscar Viewing at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on February 28, 2016 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Phillip Faraone/Getty Images)
The fashion executive is accused of raping 10 women in a lawsuit filed in New York (Picture: Getty Images)
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, Princess Marie- Chantal & Prince Pavious of Greece & HRH Princess? Eugenie & Beatrice & Peter Nyg?rd NCBR
Sarah Ferguson, Duchess of York, Princess Marie- Chantal & Prince Pavious of Greece & HRH Princess, Eugenie & Beatrice & Peter Nygard (Picture: Peter Nygard Global)

The royal and his ex-wife Sarah Ferguson stayed at Nygard Cay, near Nassau with their two daughters Beatrice and Eugenie in 2000.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Prince Andrew’s link to Nygard follows his association with paedophile Jeffrey Epstein.

There is no suggestion Prince Andrew knew of Nygard’s alleged criminality.

Ten alleged victims – eight who were teenagers and two who were adult employees on the Nassau estate at the time – have accused Nygard of rape in the lawsuit filed in New York.

Three of the women were 14-year-olds who said they felt ‘scared and humiliated’ by the attacks, which left one allegedly needing medical treatment.

Nygard – estimated to be worth £690 million – is said to have plied the teenage girls with wine and drugs during ‘pamper parties’ at his 10-bedroom mansion after recruiting them at shopping malls and fashion events.

He kept a ‘database’ of 7,500 potential victims, according to the lawsuit.

FILE PHOTO: Britain's Prince Andrew, and Princess Beatrice arrive for a service of thanksgiving for Queen Elizabeth's 90th birthday at St Paul's Cathedral in London, Britain, June 10, 2016. REUTERS/Ben Stansall/File Photo
The Duke of York stayed with Nygard after he agreed out-of-court settlements with three employees who accused him of sexual harassment (Picture: Reuters)
BEVERLY HILLS, CA - MARCH 02: Designer Peter Nygard arrives for Norby Walters' 24nd Annual Night Of 100 Stars Oscar Viewing Gala held at Beverly Hills Hotel on March 2, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Albert L. Ortega/Getty Images)
The businessman has denied all allegations (Picture: Getty Images)

The businessman allegedly used his company’s private jet to take victims on visits to London, Germany, Italy and China, while two yachts were used to transport drugs and alcohol for his parties.

All allegations in the 99-page lawsuit are strongly denied by Nygard.

On Thursday, his spokesman named them ‘completely false’ and ‘without foundation’, saying the tycoon ‘looks forward to fully exposing this scam and once and for all clearing his name’.

Last year, Virginia Giuffre claimed she was trafficked when she was 17 and was forced into sexual encounters with the Duke of York in London, New York and on a private Caribbean island owned by Epstein.

Advertisement

Advertisement

The prince has ‘categorically’ denied all allegations.

Buckingham Palace told Metro.co.uk they had no comment on his links to Nygard.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Source: Metro News

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Pictured: Portuguese schoolboy, 14, who had no underlying health conditions

Published

on

By

A 14-year-old boy from Portugal is believed to have become the youngest person to die of coronavirus in Europe. 

Vitor Godinho, from Ovar, half an hour’s drive south of Porto, died in the early hours of Sunday after being rushed to Sao Sebastiao Hospital in nearby Santa Maria da Feira.

He is thought to have suffered from psoriasis, but had no major underlying health conditions. 

His death comes after 16-year-old French schoolgirl Julie Alliot died at a hospital in Paris on Wednesday. She had no underlying health conditions and was pronounced dead a week after developing ‘a slight cough’.    

Vitor Godinho, 14, from Ovar, Portugal, is believed to have become the youngest person to die from coronavirus in Europe

Vitor Godinho, 14, from Ovar, Portugal, is believed to have become the youngest person to die from coronavirus in Europe

Vitor Godinho, 14, from Ovar, Portugal, is believed to have become the youngest person to die from coronavirus in Europe

The boy, pictured holding an award, is thought to have suffered from psoriasis but to have had no underlying health conditions

The boy, pictured holding an award, is thought to have suffered from psoriasis but to have had no underlying health conditions

The boy, pictured holding an award, is thought to have suffered from psoriasis but to have had no underlying health conditions

Medics are said to have decided against transferring the Portuguese boy to a hospital with a paediatric A&E unit in Porto, Portugal’s second largest city, because of the severity of his condition.

The Portuguese Football Federation paid tribute to the teenager today. He played futsal – which is similar to five a side football – for Maceda Cultural and Recreational Centre.

Its president Fernando Gomes said in a heartbreaking statement: ‘With profound consternation I am sending my condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of Vitor Rafael Bastos Godinho.

‘At this moment of deep pain for his loved ones, I am also sending words of comfort to the footballing family in the Aveiro region who share with us the disappearance of such a precocious talent.’ 

Before today, Miss Alliot was the youngest reported COVID-19 death in Europe. 

Her sister Manon paid tribute to her, saying she was ‘bright and much loved’ and ‘loved to dance, sing and make people laugh.’

In the UK, the youngest healthy victim is 21-year-old Chloe Middleton, of High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, who died earlier this week. 

An 18-year-old Briton also succumbed to the virus, but they had underlying health conditions. 

The 14-year-old boy, from Ovar, half an hour's drive south of Porto, died in the early hours of Sunday after being rushed to Sao Sebastiao Hospital in nearby Santa Maria da Feira (pictured)

The 14-year-old boy, from Ovar, half an hour's drive south of Porto, died in the early hours of Sunday after being rushed to Sao Sebastiao Hospital in nearby Santa Maria da Feira (pictured)

The 14-year-old boy, from Ovar, half an hour’s drive south of Porto, died in the early hours of Sunday after being rushed to Sao Sebastiao Hospital in nearby Santa Maria da Feira (pictured)

Tributes were today being paid to Julie Alliot, 16, (pictured) who succumbed to respiratory problems in a Paris hospital on Wednesday after first developing a 'slight cough' a week ago

Tributes were today being paid to Julie Alliot, 16, (pictured) who succumbed to respiratory problems in a Paris hospital on Wednesday after first developing a 'slight cough' a week ago

Tributes were today being paid to Julie Alliot, 16, (pictured) who succumbed to respiratory problems in a Paris hospital on Wednesday after first developing a ‘slight cough’ a week ago

The number of COVID-19 deaths in Portugal stood at 119 at lunchtime on Sunday. 

Nearly 6,000 are infected with the virus and another 5,500 were awaiting the results of tests according to Ministry of Health figures.

Earlier today it emerged a British man has died on the Algarve after falling ill with coronavirus.

The OAP, who was in his seventies, lost his two-week fight for life yesterday at Faro Hospital.

He lived in Benagil, a beach area near Lagoa which is known for its spectacular cave.

Lagoa’s mayor Luis Encarnacao confirmed the death, the town’s second since the start of the coronavirus crisis.

The first was a 60-year-old teacher who lived in Carvoeiro and has been named as Manuel Magalhaes.

Mr Encarnacao said he had spoken to the families of both men to offer them his condolences. The British expat has not been named.

Continue Reading

News

Donald Trump extends social distancing guidelines until April 30

Published

on

By

Donald Trump extended the national social distancing guidlines on Sunday to run until April 30 (Picture: Getty Images)

Donald Trump has extended the country’s social distancing guidelines until April 30 despite claims that he wanted to ‘open up’ the country on Easter.

On Sunday, Trump said the White House will keep its current social distancing guidelines until the end of April as nearly 140,000 have been infected by the virus and more than 2,450 have been killed.

‘Nothing would be worse than declaring victory before the war is won. That would be the greatest loss of all,’ Trump said at his daily coronavirus briefing in front of the White House.

The president went on to urge Americans to follow the voluntary guidelines issued by his administration roughly two weeks ago. The guidelines instruct people to avoid restaurants and bars, cancel non-essential travel and keep in-person gatherings to less than 10 people

Trump was joined by Dr Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institue of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, who called the decision to extend the order a ‘wide and prudent’ one.

‘The reason the president made the announcement today about going to the end of April is because we want to make sure that we don’t prematurely think that we’re doing so great,’ Fauci said.

Advertisement

Advertisement

‘We maybe, but we want to push it to the extreme, so take that with you and maybe you’ll be less anxious.’

In an interview with CNN’s ‘State of the Union’ Sunday morning, Fauci said as many as 200,000 American’s may die from Covid-19, the disease caused by the new strain of coronavirus, if proper action is not taken.

‘Looking at what we’re seeing now, I would say between 100,000 and 200,000 cases… excuse me, deaths. I mean, we’re going to have millions of cases,’ Fauci said during the interview with Jake Tapper.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Source: Metro News

Continue Reading

News

‘Very healthy’ chef, 19, dies in ‘suspected coronavirus case’

Published

on

By

Luca Di Nicola died after suffering pneumonia
Luca Di Nicola reportedly died from fulminant pneumonia but his family believe he had undiagnosed Covid-19

A 19-year-old Italian chef has died after a doctor reportedly told him he had ‘nothing to worry about’, with his family suspecting coronavirus played a part in his death.

Luca Di Nicola, who was working in his family’s restaurant in Enfield, north London, died on Tuesday evening. According to Italian media, Luca, originally from Nereto in east Italy, died from apparent fulminant pneumonia at London’s North Middlesex Hospital.

His heartbroken family said they are struggling to come to terms with their devastating loss as he was ‘very healthy’.

They believe he may have had Covid-19, although this has not yet been confirmed and the family say they are awaiting post-mortem swab results to confirm.

Luca Di Nicola
It has not been confirmed whether the 19-year-old had contracted coronavirus
North Middlesex University Hospital Trust
He was rushed to North Middlesex University Hospital where he died shortly after arriving (Picture: Google)

For our Coronavirus live blog click here.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Luca’s aunt Giada, from Abruzzo, told La Repubblica: ‘For a week before his death, Luca had a fever and a cough and my sister-in-law Clarissa and her partner Vincenzo, who lived in the same house, also had it.

‘The London-based doctor gave my nephew some paracetamol but Luca got worse on March 23. The doctor visited him at home and told him that he was young, strong and that he didn’t have to worry about that bad flu.’

However, Giada said his condition worsened and he was complaining of chest pains. His mother Clarissa noticed his lips turning purple right before he collapsed.

They dialled 999 and he was rushed to hospital, with paramedics reviving him on the way.

It is reported his lungs were full of blood and water and he was rushed to the intensive care unit at the hospital. He died around half an hour later at about 7pm.

Luca Di Nicola
Luca’s family said they are heartbroken as he was ‘very healthy’ and believe he contracted the virus

Luca’s aunt Romina, who lives in Glasgow, said she is heartbroken, adding: ‘We don’t know anything – not even where they will move his body’. 

She also raised concerns over his mother and partner who were told to regulate symptoms with paracetamol and self-isolate for two weeks. Romina said they were not tested for Covid-19. 

It comes as the UK’s coronavirus death toll jumped to 1,228 after another 209 people were confirmed dead.

Meanwhile, in Italy – which is now the worst-hit country in the world – the death toll has fallen for the second successive day on Sunday. In total, 756 more people have died, which brought the number of victims up to 10,779, the Civil Protection Agency said.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at webnews@metro.co.uk.

For more stories like this, check our news page.

Coronavirus latest news and updates

Advertisement

Advertisement

Source: Metro News

Continue Reading

Trending