How Do I Convert My Personal Facebook Profile to a Business Page?
Easily convert for personal Facebook Profile into a Business Page – and keep all your connections!
|Please Note: This feature on Facebook is currently broken. We have notified Facebook and will remove this message once resolved.
May 5, 2021 Update: This feature on Facebook is still unavailable. There is a new help page, however, that mentions the ability to “Convert Your Personal Account” to a Page, however there is no corresponding directions on how to do it. We will continue to monitor and will update this page when the feature becomes available.
By creating a Facebook Business Page, you can use more tools and share with a wider audience, while ensuring that your employee’s personal privacy/rights, and your company’s public relations standing, are protected and separated. Converting a Profile to a Page creates a new Facebook Business Page that is based on the profile, while leaving the individual Profile the same.
When you Convert:
- You will have both a Personal Profile and a Business Page after the conversion.
- Facebook will transfer your profile picture and cover photo to the Page, and the name on your profile will become the Page’s name.
- You can select from your friends, followers and pending friend requests and add them as your new Page’s followers.
- You can choose which photos and videos to copy over from your profile.
To convert your profile to a Facebook Page:
- Go to Create a Facebook Page Based on Your Profile
- Click Get Started and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Your new Page will automatically publish once the conversion process is finished.
What Happens to My Friends and Followers When I Convert to a Business Page?
- Once your new Page is published:
- Your profile’s followers, friends and friend requests will get notified that you’ve created a new Business Page.
- The profile Followers you choose will automatically follow the new Business Page and will be removed from following your profile.
- Friends and pending friend requests you select will automatically like and follow the new Business Page and won’t be removed from your profile.
- You can preview all changes before publishing your new Business Page.
- Be sure to submit the new Business Page for verification to have a verified badge added to the Page so customers know this is a trusted Page.
- Take this time to make sure your page is compliant by adding official logos, NMLS and licensing numbers, business contact information, website links, company policies, etc.
- When you’ve finished setting up your new Business Page, check your privacy settings on your profile to make sure you’re sharing what you want to share so consumers have the right access.
- This conversion process can only occur once.