How to duet on TikTok
TIKTOK is fast becoming one of the most popular social media platforms, with 500 million users worldwide.
TikTok duets are a fun feature that allow users to record their own video alongside the original video as it plays – but just how do you make a duet on TikTok?
How can I duet on TikTok?
TikTok is free to sign up to, and allows people to interact with other users’ videos, build on stories, respond and create unique new content for creators on the platform.
- Open the TikTok app on your phone – the icon is black with a white music note.
- Find the video you want to duet with.
- Look for the share button on the bottom right of your screen – it looks like an arrow.
- Tap on the duet button which will now appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the red record button at the bottom of the screen to start recording your video.
- Your video will appear on the left, while the video you are duetting will play on the right.
- If you want to edit the video, click the ‘Effects’ button.
- Click ‘Next’ to add hashtags and a description for your video.
- Share your video.
You have now successfully made a duet.
How do I add a picture to a TikTok duet?
You might also want to add a photo to your TikTok duet, to add an extra layer to the video, or to illustrate something being said in the video.
- As before, launch the TikTok app on your phone, and identify the video you want to duet.
- Click the share button which looks like an arrow pointing to the right.
- Tap on the red record button at the bottom of the screen.
- Pause the recording by clicking the big circle at the bottom.
- Tap on the ‘Effect’ button at the bottom left of your screen.
- Select the option to upload your own image to change the background.
- Choose a photo from your gallery that you want to use.
- Tap record and finish shooting your video.
Can you duet with a saved video?
Sadly, you cannot use a pre-recorded video to duet another user’s video.
But if you use the green screen effect you can have a saved video playing in the background.