How to get your DELETED Instagram photos back with genius new trick
INSTAGRAM has added a new way to get your deleted photos back.
It means if you’ve accidentally binned a snap, you’ll have 30 days to retrieve it.
The new system works not only for photos, but other content too – including videos, reels, IGTV videos and stories.
However, Stories are a unique exception – they’ll only stay in your Recently Deleted folder for 24 hours.
But for everything else, you’ll have 30 days to restore the content.
“Now for the first time, you can review and restore deleted content in the Instagram app,” Instagram explained.
“Photos, videos, reels, IGTV videos and stories you choose to delete are removed from your account immediately and moved to the Recently Deleted folder.”
It’s a bit like the Recycle Bin on a Windows PC, or the Deleted folder in your iPhone’s camera roll.
There are three main reasons why this feature is really useful.
One is that you might simply regret deleting a post, and want it back.
Another is that you’ve deleted a post from Instagram, and you’ve also lost the photo on your phone – and want to restore it.
And thirdly, hackers often delete content when they access accounts, so this would provide a safeguard against that.
How to restore deleted Instagram photos
First, make sure you’ve got the latest version of Instagram.
Go into your Apple App Store or Google Play Store to ensure you’ve got all the most recent updates installed.
Instagram – the key facts
Here’s what you need to know…
- Instagram is a social network for sharing photos and videos
- It was created back in October 2010 as an iPhone-exclusive app
- A separate version for Android devices was released 18 months later
- The app rose to popularity thanks to its filters system, which lets you quickly edit your photos with cool effects
- When it first launched, users could only post square 1:1 ratio images, but that rule was changed in 2015
- In 2012, Facebook bought Instagram for $1billion in cash and stock
- In 2018, some analysts believe the app is worth closer to $100billion
- In October 2015, Instagram confirmed that more than 40billion photos had been uploaded to the app
- And in 2018, Instagram revealed that more than a billion people were using the app every month
Then open the Instagram app and go into Settings.
Next choose Account and then Recently Deleted.