FACEBOOK was down as many users were claiming the social media website was unresponsive on for the third time in the past week.
Facebook has been facing issues on November 3, 2021 alongside it’s counterparts Instagram.
Is Facebook down?
The latest Facebook outage was reported on November 3, 2021, around 2 pm EST.
Users were complaining they were unable to access the website and had server issues, with Downdetector stating, “We’re experiecing issues with our Facebook integration, impacting things like user logins and sharing .”
The latest Facebook outage comes after the outlet faced difficulties on Wednesday November 3, 2021 . “We’re aware that some people are having trouble accessing our apps and products,” Facebook tweeted at the time. We’re working to get things back to normal as quickly as possible and we apologize for any inconvenience.”
The incident took place just a few days after Whatsapp and Instagram users reported technical issues when attempting to run the apps on their mobile devices along with a dozen other apps.
Prior to this round of outages, Facebook caused major upset when hundreds of users complained they were seeing a blank screen when trying to access their feeds via web browsers on Friday, April 30.
Around 7pm EST, the app seems to be fixed as users have been able to log back into the platform and use it normally.
Following the outage, it was reported that that Mark Zuckerberg, who owns the platform, lost a total of $7 billion from the issues.
How can I check if Facebook is not working?
Those who may be experiencing difficulties with Facebook can check another social media app such as Twitter for reports.
If you don’t have a Twitter account Down Detector will tell users when the apps are down or experiencing difficulties.
If it appears the problem may not be widespread, try checking the internet connection on your device or exiting the app before logging back in.
When have there been Facebook outages before?
There have been other reported Facebook outages in the past including:
- June 2014: Facebook was down for about a half-hour – its longest outage in four years.
- January 2015: Facebook was down for about 40 minutes affecting users worldwide.
- March 2019: A massive Facebook outage affected users worldwide. Facebook was down for about 14 hours, which is believed to be the biggest interruption any social network has ever experienced.
- January 2021: Facebook experienced a bug that logged most users out of their mobile app.
- March 2021: Over 60,000 users said they experienced problems with Facebook, while 38,000 Instagram users also reported issues.
- September 2021: Facebook users are locked out of their accounts.
- October 2021: Facebook was one of a dozen apps that were experiencing outages
- November 2021 Facebook malware affecting user logins and sharing.
We pay for your stories!
Do you have a story for The US Sun team?